THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Help with question in regards to a leopard hunt. Boet Nel Hunting Safaris
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with question in regards to a leopard hunt. Boet Nel Hunting Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Helgaard van der Vyver:
I am a NAPHA member. sofa

We like to call and sell ourselves among others as 'professionals', 'ambassadors of Namibia and our association', 'honest businessmen' and 'gentlemen'.
Now when I do business with a 'gentleman' and he can not deliver the goods, because the supplier has problems, he will offer me another product obviously because he does't want to disappoint me. Should I decline because I am only interrested in the originale goods, he will refund me in full and apologize for the inconvenience.
This is plain and simple what a 'gentleman' would do ! Wink

beer x2

Hats off to you. Can anyone imagine a reputable outfitter doing otherwise?

If this is how Boet Nel conducts the dollar side of his business, can one imagine how the hunting side is conducted?

Why anyone would ever hunt with him is beyond me, as is his ability to land concessions (then lose them) and seemingly get his way every time with NAPHA.

I have written a lot about This guy Boet Nel, but mostly I feel bad for McKay and really disappointed in NAPHA......

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not sure if a lot of Namibian PH#s will read this. But surely the advantage of Namibia has always been the focus on integrity. And ethical hunting. It would be a shame to let that pass. So -to Namibia-please maintain your standards if you think longterm! You already received the writing on the wall re leopard with dogs!

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank,

That is what Namibian hunting stand for but there will always be those who step out of line and that is why we have a organization like NAPHA to protect the client and our reputation in the hunting community of the world.
So I ask you please read this treat from start to end and then make up your mind who is right and who is wrong....

My grandfather always said: You can build a wall with your hands your whole live and with one wrong turn destroy it with your ass....

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
if this is NAPHA's idea of protecting clients and Namibia's hunting reputation, i would hate to be on the receiving end of their disfavor. this is a pitiful example of oversight. one quick read of the displeasure vented here among knowledgeable hunters quickly shows that a costly mistake has been made.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13220 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1.

Their response is shocking. The logic escapes me.

Posts: 12017 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corne Omujeve:
Frank,

That is what Namibian hunting stand for but there will always be those who step out of line and that is why we have a organization like NAPHA to protect the client and our reputation in the hunting community of the world.
So I ask you please read this treat from start to end and then make up your mind who is right and who is wrong....

My grandfather always said: You can build a wall with your hands your whole live and with one wrong turn destroy it with your ass....

I agree with you that the vast majority of Namibian PHs are above this sort of behaviour.

However, one always hopes that should something go wrong, the national orgenization would look at the problem with total impartiality.

In this case, NAPHA have shot themselves in the foot.

And for those of us who are not involved in this, and after seeing the royal cockup they made about informing foreign government on clients hunting in Namibia.

This by itself is not going to stop me hunting there, but I will make sure that ANY Namibian PH who has had a single negative report against him, is given a wide birth.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67311 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi heard from sources in the Namibian Government that Boet Nel owes them the Concession money for Mahango. N$ 3 400 000.... Mckay that is where your deposit went!!!!! shocker

Speak the truth and nothing but the truth.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not sure why there is all this vitriol against NAPHA. There seems to be three possible reasons:
1. The NAPHA stand for a moratorium on hunting leopard using dogs. Many on this forum did not like this decision. Why? Perhaps because they wanted their leopard and they knew that dogs were the most effective way (in Namibia) of hunting them. From my perspective, and I did (unsuccessfully) hunt leopard with dogs, if this method of hunting is unsustainable, then the NAPHA stand is ADMIRABLE.They at least are taking a long term view of hunting, which, it seems , no one else is doing.
2. The ineffectiveness of NAPHA in getting (what many on this forum believe to be) an equitable solution to the situation described in this thread ie. cancellation of a previously booked leopard hunt. I would have expected better from the "experts" on this forum. Anyone who has been around ANY professional organizations knows that they have MINIMAL clout. Why, well, their only sanction is to remove the membership of the offending party. Unless the credentials issued are the only game in town ie. the professional organization is not only a voluntary organization of like minded professionals but also the recognized credentialing organization, this sanction is ineffective in policing behavior.
3. However, what really seems to have people (ie. Saeed) upset is the fact that initially, they decided on "informing foreign government on clients hunting in Namibia."
This combination of issues seems to be the heart of the problem. So, what is YOUR reason for piling on NAPHA? Easy target maybe?
It seems to me the culprit here is Boet Nel.
BTW when I hunted Namibia I hunted with Helgaard. He is indeed an excellent PH!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
I am not sure why there is all this vitriol against NAPHA. There seems to be three possible reasons:
1. The NAPHA stand for a moratorium on hunting leopard using dogs. Many on this forum did not like this decision. Why? Perhaps because they wanted their leopard and they knew that dogs were the most effective way (in Namibia) of hunting them. From my perspective, and I did (unsuccessfully) hunt leopard with dogs, if this method of hunting is unsustainable, then the NAPHA stand is ADMIRABLE.They at least are taking a long term view of hunting, which, it seems , no one else is doing.
2. The ineffectiveness of NAPHA in getting (what many on this forum believe to be) an equitable solution to the situation described in this thread ie. cancellation of a previously booked leopard hunt. I would have expected better from the "experts" on this forum. Anyone who has been around ANY professional organizations knows that they have MINIMAL clout. Why, well, their only sanction is to remove the membership of the offending party. Unless the credentials issued are the only game in town ie. the professional organization is not only a voluntary organization of like minded professionals but also the recognized credentialing organization, this sanction is ineffective in policing behavior.
3. However, what really seems to have people (ie. Saeed) upset is the fact that initially, they decided on "informing foreign government on clients hunting in Namibia."
This combination of issues seems to be the heart of the problem. So, what is YOUR reason for piling on NAPHA? Easy target maybe?
It seems to me the culprit here is Boet Nel.
BTW when I hunted Namibia I hunted with Helgaard. He is indeed an excellent PH!
Peter.

Don't forget the 4th option: they backed Boet Nel even though they admit he screwed over Mckay.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sadly, hunters should consider it MANDATORY to purchase trip cancellation insurance for any hunt. If you buy insurance as soon as you commit the first funds, it's not that expensive. I read all the time that people consider "meet and greet" and advance permits a "must", but I see those as luxuries that should be foregone in lieu of trip cancellation insurance.

Not to mention, insurance will compensate you for baggage pilferage, which is now almost a sure thing at JNB.

Finally most policies include medevac insurance, saving you money in Zim, at least.

Trip cancellation insurance is better, by far, than all the other remedies put together (use an agent, check references, get a contract, etc. etc. etc.)

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote