Find
Notify
Tools

Phillip Smythe needs help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Phil has passed.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Phil has passed.

How very sad!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed, very sad news.
I hope he had a good and full life of love and happiness before departing this world relatively young.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2082 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How sad. I remember my leopard hunt with Phil in 2015. RIP.

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
It's heart breaking when the good ones leave us too early.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
Prayers up for a good man gone far too soon...and for strength for his family in the days ahead.

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 610 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bambazonke
posted Hide Post
Very Sad to hear this
May he find happiness wondering with Elephant
RIP

Posts: 104 | Location: Zimbabwe somewhere | Registered: 31 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From Leah

Precious friends and family it is with much heartache that I share Phil went home to the Lord last night. He was already gone by the time they had called me. He is with Jesus and it makes the sound of heaven so much sweeter for all of us who have loved this wonderful man, husband, son, brother and friend to so very many as has been shown in the past 8 days.

Phil got his miracle healing. His body has beeen made whole and he has no more pain. He fought well and we are so very grateful for those first few days where each of us as family got to speak with him. The pain is immense but it is not with our faith and hope. We had such sweet time of fellowship together as we were able to read scripture and sing by his bedside and pray. I look forward to hearing what Jesus was saying to him in those many hours we were not allowed to be with him physically.

Thank you so very much for praying with us, for allowing God to grow us in our faith and meet with Him in a new and intimate way.

I am sorry it has taken a while for us to share. It was to protect the precious young man who is currently driving and trying to keep it together by bringing Phil’s truck, belongings and driver and tracker back home from the Save Valley. He has carried a heavy burden since witnessing the incident. Please pray that he would be safe. That God would keep him at peace while driving and that I would be the one who gets to share the news with him, that no one else jumps the gun on it.

On behalf of the immediate family, I want to again say thank you for your prayers. It’s what got Phil to Harare and what allowed us to talk with him. It is what has given us rest in the turmoil. We love you for it!

Please do remember us in your prayers, for our 2 sweet little girls and a babe which is on the way. It is for them that I ache so much.
All my love,
Leah Smythe

Posts: 47 | Location: zim | Registered: 01 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was a client, became a friend. 4 Safaries together. Phil was a happy man. He was fun to be around, got along with everyone.
I chatted with him all throughout this year. He got to spend the year with his girls a rare thing in his business. They enjoyed Christmas together at camp in the Bush early. He told me they wont know it’s not the 25th. I told him that would be a Christmas they would never forget. Our last Safari was a special one. I never thought it would be our last.
Rest In Peace my friend.

I can’t imagine what Leah and his oldest are going through.

If you have not bid, or donated please consider it for this family

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leah, my prayers are for you and your young family. The LORD will walk with you through these difficult times. Times like these, we can't see his plan but stay close to Him, He will never fail you.

It has been a bad two months with the passing of the Zambia PH Simon Burgess and now Phil.

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
May it please the Almighty to grant the family and friends comfort and strength during this time.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear this.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very unfortunate for him and his entire family...rest easy young man!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Tragic news. RIP

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I am terribly sorry to hear this sad news. I extend my best wishes and condolences to family and friends.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very sad, and was hopeful for improvement. Such a tough go for the family

Posts: 135 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
My Condolences on the loss of your husband.

Posts: 769 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
So so tragic.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sad, as are many. What a fantastic person and entertaining guy Phil was. He will live on the memories of many and those whose lives he enriched. Prayers sent.

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Even though I never met Phil, it always leaves one a bit hollow and empty to hear of one of our own passing. May the Lord watch over and comfort his young family during this trying time. I know he has received our brother with open arms...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Condolences to his wife and family. Hard to imagine the pain they are feeling at this time as a young family. Prayers sent.

Mike

Posts: 21692 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Condolences to his Family
R.I.P Phil

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew who Phillip was but never had the pleasure of meeting him. RIP and condolences to his family, May God give them the strength in this very difficult time.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
May God bless this family.

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Tragic news. God's speed Phil.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So sad to hear. So sorry for the family. May he rest in peace.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Please continue to provide your financial support relative to the efforts of Larry and others to help with the expenses. Moreover, please continue to provide your prayers and any other support that you can give to Leah, her two girls and the baby that's on the way. Now is the time to continue to give her strength as she carries on without her beloved husband and companion. The months ahead are going to be difficult for Phil's little family. God bless and support them!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP Phil!
This is absolutely horrible!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2092 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prayers for peace and condolences for his family. I had the pleasure of meeting Phillip in Nixon's camp 2 years in a row. Heck of a pleasant man. It's God's gain in bringing him home early and his family's loss.......

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1113 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
The family need support now more than ever.

While prayers and good wishes are nice and thoughtful.

Until you are in her shoes you will not know how devastated that she is and the help that she will need.

My mother was in the same place over 60 years ago, and I will help the family as best I can.

Donations to DSC will continue to be forwarded to the family, please consider if you can afford.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
The family need support now more than ever.

While prayers and good wishes are nice and thoughtful.

Until you are in her shoes you will not know how devastated that she is and the help that she will need.

My mother was in the same place over 60 years ago, and I will help the family as best I can.

Donations to DSC will continue to be forwarded to the family, please consider if you can afford.

Very true words. Checks written to DSC Frontline Foundation are tax deductible. Checks written today will get some of you that tax deduction you need for 2020

Thank you for your consideration

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
God Speed Brother,God bless your family.Please donate if you can, he was one of us....

Posts: 564 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Our thoughts and prayers are now with his family. May they find the necessary strength to move on from this tragedy.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

How very sad. Thoughts and prayers for his family. Rest In Peace.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leah is a special woman. We should all be so blessed to have a wife like her. Her posts have been both beautiful and heartbreaking.

I would like to send some flowers to the services. If anyone has info on where and when then please pass it on.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
I never met Phillip but he was well spoken of when his name came up in conversation. I enjoyed reading his hunt reports. He loved what he did.
Nixon WhatsApp'd me early this morning as I was leaving for duck hunting telling me of his passing.
Tragic event for Phillip and his young family. Peace be with you.

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 865 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
May God rest Phil’s soul and render comfort to Leah and family.

Really sad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37811 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never hunted with Phillip but met him several times. He always seemed to be a happy person. He had a sterling reputation and I would have loved to have had the opportunity to hunt with him.

I am sad for his family and wish them the best. I hope our donations help them through these tough times.

May God bless his soul and comfort his family.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Tragic,so very sorry to hear of this,god bless his wife & children,may he find peace in heaven.

DRSS

Posts: 2279 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Tough deal
RIP Phil
All the best of luck to wife and children and Gods speed

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote