Notify
Tools

Phillip Smythe needs help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gone too soon.

RIP Phil.

Heartfelt condolences to Leah and the youngsters.

Posts: 2036 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to the funeral home memorial video.......

https://www.facebook.com/32312...eos/775928496669414/

RIP my friend.........

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. Brought tears to my eyes.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link.

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
So young. RIP.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great tribute,Rest In Peace Phillip..

Posts: 564 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shotgun46:
This is tragic news I hunted with Philip and got the most amazing leopard on the last day of our safari My hopes and prayers are with his young wife and 2 small children

Rip Philip

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Phil was one of that group of tough people that have survived in Zim while enduring one hardship after another. The loss of these special folks is particularly sad for everyone.

R.I.P.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GunsCore:
Leah is a special woman. We should all be so blessed to have a wife like her. Her posts have been both beautiful and heartbreaking.

I would like to send some flowers to the services. If anyone has info on where and when then please pass it on.

Just was told Zim back under lockdown, much like some states all Nonessential businesses are closed. Flower shops are included in this. I was told only 30 people will be allowed at his service. No news on when that will be.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ready Aim Shoot
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear.Wishing the family strength for today and hope for tomorrow.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeff h:
quote:
Leah is a special woman. We should all be so blessed to have a wife like her. Her posts have been both beautiful and heartbreaking.

I would like to send some flowers to the services. If anyone has info on where and when then please pass it on.

Just was told Zim back under lockdown, much like some states all Nonessential businesses are closed. Flower shops are included in this. I was told only 30 people will be allowed at his service. No news on when that will be.

The Zim florist I contacted-( raynadine@siennarose.co.za) told me that the lockdown has diminished her ability to operate, but not completely so. I gave her a budget and am leaving it to her discretion. There are no formal services scheduled yet that I am aware of. If I find out about any services then I will post it here.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jeff h:
quote:

The Zim florist I contacted-( raynadine@siennarose.co.za) told me that the lockdown has diminished her ability to operate, but not completely so. I gave her a budget and am leaving it to her discretion. There are no formal services scheduled yet that I am aware of. If I find out about any services then I will post it here.

I got some feedback from the Florist through the funeral home that Phil is going to be cremated and that a service will be arranged at a later date. The lockdown and circumstances have made sending flowers rather problematic so I am just going to give another donation to the Smythe family through the DSC Frontline Foundation. Flowers are a nice gesture but I am sure the family could use the cash more.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of john7997
posted Hide Post
Phillip was a great man. i hunted with him in 2013 and 2018. I am so sad to hear this news. The good die young. rest easy my great friend!

Posts: 18 | Location: King Salmon, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So tragic this...and a reminder that elephant hunting is not without danger..

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
https://www.gofundme.com/f/phi...-family-support-fund

Still active

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote