New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matt Graham has passed away.
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Terrible news that has been posted in the Aussie forum and over on Australian Hunting net.

Matt has passed away from a heart attack last night. No matter what has occurred recently with Matt, he was a husband and father and my thoughts go out to his family.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bakes,

thanks a lot for bringing it here.

condolences to the family.

Posts: 1875 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this.

RIP, Matt, and sympathy and condolences to family and friends.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Seems like we disagreed more often than we agreed on issues, but a damn shame to hear this. Condolences and prayers for his family.

Mike

Posts: 21696 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Wow... Matt was a valuable contributor here. Really sad to hear of his untimely passing. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terribly sad,RIP Mat condolences to family and friends.jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
I always enjoyed and respected Matt's willingness to disagree in an articulate manner. He didn't fall into the trap of agreeing just to agree or going along to get along. I truly respected him for that. He was his own man. tu2

Anyone know his age?

Godspeed Matt.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3543 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Chalmers:
Terribly sad,RIP Mat condolences to family and friends.jc

Very sad indeed.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
A shock. Met Matt years ago at one of the SCI conventions. He was a valuable contributor here on AR. Frowner

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Met Matt at SCI few times
Had nice chat about buff hunting with him and was considering eventually to hunt with him
Awful, far too young
My condolences to his family

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too met Matt at SCI.

He was a really nice guy and enthusiastic about buffalo hunting. A shame he was taken so young.

Posts: 10995 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
A well respected PH and outfitter. Sorry to hear.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP Matt I knew him well... sad sad sad , he she spoke his mind and for that I salute him!!

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
I always enjoyed and respected Matt's willingness to disagree in an articulate manner. He didn't fall into the trap of agreeing just to agree or going along to get along. I truly respected him for that. He was his own man. tu2

Anyone know his age?

Godspeed Matt.

I think Matt was 43.

Far too young.

RIP

DRSS

Posts: 1971 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
R. i. P.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
...maybe it is time for an "virtual grave" here in the AR-forum.
(Like in other forums about photographie, pp.)

For all the (former) members, witch are gone...

I think we have here some in the last three years.
Like Gib., Cam, pp.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
For those wishing to help out Matt's family, Phillip over on AHN has set up a trust. Details are below.

Hi guys,

I have been speaking with a few of Matt's mutual friends and we have agreed to start a small trust fund to help with any of the immediate needs of Matts family and towards the expenses of the funeral that has come as a surprise to all of us.

Some of you may be aware that Matt has been doing it tough over the last few months and any support you can show the family will be much appreciated. The account is now active and was previously used for donations towards to setting up of SFP NT that Matt was instrumental in supporting.

Bank: Bendigo Bank
BSB: 633-000
Acc: 114382302
Name: P B Hoare

The account balance is $300 and I will keep a running tally going so everyone can see progress. I'll be handing Milly a cheque with the proceeds later in the week when I get into Armidale.

Please dig deep, anything and everything will help!

Thank you,

Phillip Hoare
0413 727 133

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I'm saddened to read this. Matt was a long time contributor here. Condolences to the family.

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace Matt!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2092 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a very enjoyable hunt with Matt and was initially drawn to HIS outfit by the thoughtful and respectful manner in which he debated issue with other members. Yes,far too young.
Jim

Posts: 383 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
I am really sorry to read this. I always respected Matt's passion.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Condolences & prayers sent to family & friends.

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I'm really saddened to hear of Matt's passing. Was looking forward to doing a hunt with him one day. I'm at a loss for words. Frowner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always thought that when I finally got around to hunting Australia, it would be with Matt Graham or Paul Truccolo. Sad indeed.

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Really sad to hear that terrible news.

Prayer for his soul and his family.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11221 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear.

RIP

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Though I disagreed with him all too often, I sure do hate to see anyone, especially a young family man taken from amongst us.
R.I.P.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad news. May he RIP.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Very saddened to hear of this. I have commented more fully on the Aust Hunting Forum.

Hve known Matt since the early 2000's. Hunted with first in 2004 and then shared a banteng hunt a few years later, 2007 I think it was. When we were BOTH candidates for the Senate for the Shooters Party, but were out in the bush chasing banteng for a week.

Shared dinners at some Safari shows.

After a year or two, not sure, of not communicating it was only in the last few days or week that we exchanged message. Simple hellos, best wishes and some other brief stuff. Happy and friendly. A few days later Matt's heart gives out ...

I remember some of the days from 2004 as if they were only last week ...

RIP Matt, very sad about it, and condolences to your wife and family.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
So sad and so young.

Condolences to his family.
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Very sad and shocking. RIP and prayers for his family.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP Matt.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
See you on the other side Matt, so find us some good buffalo herds and plenty of the those old hogs! R.I.P condolences to your family and friends! You will be missed!
..................................................................BYE, see you later in the outback in the sky! Mac CRYBABY

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Very sad indeed. Matt was not only a contributor here, but a friend to many of us. If you ever hunted with him, you knew his passion for hunting and his family. He also had a great sense of humor. We lost a good one...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. Matt is a friend of long standing. Hunting with him over there is one of my favorite hunting memories. He would often stay at the Fulson compound when he was in town and many a fire pit, and beer killing session was enjoyed. Know loosing his mom put a ton of stress on him, and as so many of us are finding out in the 50's, stress is indeed a killer. Just terrible news. I will be making a contribution and hope the AR family will indeed help as much as they can. Another good man gone...

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Despite some of our recent biz differences, Matt was a long-time friend and fellow hunter, guide and outfitter.

We spent plenty of days together in Dallas (at Corey Knowlton's house) and lots of time talking about hunting.

I shared a great hunt with Matt in 2013 - one of my best! RIP and god speed - gone way too early!!

Our hunt together in 2013!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP Matt.
Good on you Aaron.
The recent spat between you two was perhaps, on reflection, an insight into deeper business issues Matt was dealing with. But,as you state clearly, you were good mates who enjoyed some fine times together.
The South Pacific hunting community has lost a stalwart promoter and the hunting industry at large will mourn his passing.
Condolences to his family.

Posts: 463 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Paul (Truccolo) and I were talking over the weekend when he told me about Matt. A shock to everyone that knew him via hunting or on hunting forums. Like the rest of our hunting family, I send my sincere condolences to Matt's family.

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6814 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The hunt I did with Matt in 2013!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWeps9MoT08

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hard to imagine Matt's passing so abruptly. So sad! Matt and I had recently hashed out a tentative deal for Sadie and I to come out for look see.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote