Tools

Partytime!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d4b_1244756800

Big Grin

Amarula? Anyone ever seen this while on safari? Seems like it'd be a great place for a predator to hang out. Lots of easy pickings, I imagine. Catching a stone drunk critter couldn't be that difficult. Smiler

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
Some say it is impossible. Personally I have no idea.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...1411043/m/3151055011

Mike

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Amarula has cream and flavorings reminding folks of the fruit from marula trees. The ranch manager at one of our hunting spots hooted about the idea that all that Amarula contained actual fermented fruit (outside of the symbolic harvest and trucking in of marula fruit once a year to the factory).

Posts: 4855 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BNagel:
Amarula has cream and flavorings reminding folks of the fruit from marula trees. The ranch manager at one of our hunting spots hooted about the idea that all that Amarula contained actual fermented fruit (outside of the symbolic harvest and trucking in of marula fruit once a year to the factory).

I think your friend is mistaken.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amarula
http://www.amarula.co.za/#/en/.../Themakingofalegend/

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Compare it wth someone else's Marula Cream product for two opinions, I guess. Let me know...

Posts: 4855 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Any kind of fruit can ferment and produce alcohol as it ferments/rots. I guess if an animal eats enough of it at the appropriate time in the fermentation process, they're gonna be affected by the alcohol.

I've gotta admit to getting the occsional monkey drunk on booze laced doughnuts and it's funny as hell. rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BNagel:
Compare it wth someone else's Marula Cream product for two opinions, I guess. Let me know...

Here is a link to a random blog entry from someone that took a tour of the factory.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
dla69

Glad you are satisfied. I pour a bit in coffee as creamer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark twain said it about right(candy is danndy but Marula is quicker) Big Grin YEEP I have lived in Kenya toooooooooooo longggggggg Wink

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Hook,
Glad to see you posting. Welcome to the forum.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
I'm sipping some Amarula right now. It reminds me of being in Namibia.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
That is nature at its best, or worst. Take your pick. Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13397 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote