New
Find
Notify
Tools

Many thanks!
 Login/Join

Picture of Harry Selby
posted
Greetings to all AR members and my sincere thanks for having been accepted as a new member.
I would also like to thank all those of you who posted ‘well wishes’ and messages of congratulation on my Presidential Award… which I have to admit came as some what of a surprise.
I feel that the members of AR are the sort of people who I had the privilege of accompanying on safari for fifty five years.
Some of my dearest and most lasting friends were originally safari clients, and over the long period of my career there have been very, very few people with whom I would not want to accompany again Outdoor folks are just different.
Sadly all my early clients are no longer with us but I have had the enjoyment of accompanying their children and later their grandchildren.

Cheers,

Harry.

Posts: 13 | Location: Maun, Botswana | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR. I think we all look forward to your contributions here.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
A very warm welcome to you Mr. Selby! We are fortunate to have you join us! thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the clubhouse, Mr. Selby. Given the wealth of information you bring I suspect you will soon be a regular contributor. Please feel free to regale all with your stories and insight! Rest assured you will have my rapt attention.

Glad to have you here!

Jeff LaCourse

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's great to see you on the forum, Mr. Selby. We'll all be looking forward to your posts.

Welcome!

Posts: 207 | Location: Florida | Registered: 28 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We are blessed ! thumb

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Wishing you all the best and many more years.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19307 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Karibu mzee. Wink

One of Us
Picture of JohnHunt
posted Hide Post
Welcome

Posts: 1678 | Registered: 16 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
clap

Welcome!

clap

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
This could be the longest thread ever !

Welcome !

salute

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome, we look forward to your sharing your great insight with us. thumb

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR Mr. Selby! It's great to have you as a member!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR Mr.Selby. No doubt your contributions will be, for all of us, "something of value".

B.Martins

What every gun needs, apart from calibre, is a good shot and hunter behind it. - José Pardal

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Welcome Mr Selby. It is an honor!
Matt

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Wonderful to have you join us. Welcome. beer

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
It is a pleasure and honor Sir to have you on the forum!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear Harry
So happy to see you here and I know the AR family is thrilled to have you on board. Please give John Dugmore a "shout over the fence" and tell him the Safari Classics boys send our best. I hope to see you both in Bot's next year.
All the best
Dave

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Welcome, I am sure we are all humbled to have you as a member. You have lived all our dreams...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome, I look forward to you sharing your knowledge and stories.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

I just want to say that you are in a large way responsible for me getting my stuff together to hunt in Africa.

I will be leaving on my second trip in 42 days for Zim......I still can't believe it.

Sadly for them, I hold all of my P.H.'s to the "Selby Standard", Sir I think I may be being to tough on them.

What a life you are living, God bless you.

Posts: 41773 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
The warmest of welcomes Mr. Selby.

What a thrill to sign on and see this as the first message. Your exploits and experiences documented by Bob Ruark in Horn of the Hunter are largely responsible for my interest in Africa and Africana - and a lot more of us here on the forum as well. I look forward to your participation and contributions.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Wow, a living legend. Welcome Harry - I look forward to learning from your experience!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are honored to have you as a member.

Saeed - I urge to quickly make Mr. Selby "one of us" without the usual 25 posts needed.

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sir,

It is our honor and pleasure to Welcome You to these forums!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
We are honored that you would join the AR family. We look forward to you sharing your knowledge and experience with us! Welcome!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is my pleasure and honor to welcome you to forum.
I only wish I could have had the honor of hunting with you.

Brooks

Posts: 179 | Location: Virginia, NE. USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Welcome, I hope that you will share with us some of your thoughts and observations from time to time.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
Welcome!!!!!!!!! I am reading Horn of the Hunter for the first time right now. I have all the respect in the world for your work ethic and charisma!! It's an honor sir.

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome Mr. Selby!

For good or ill the internet has made the world a much smaller place. Having you in the neighborhood makes me think the internet is a wonderfull thing.

I very much look forward to anything you would like to share with us.

Respectfully;
Brett Trimble

One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
Welcome Mr. Selby. I feel honored to belong to the same web-board as you.

Saeed, I think it was already, but I would say that AR is now officially the best hunting webite in the world.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Selby: even so far as here in the southernmost portion of America, your name and exploits are well known. Welcome and please, give us a tip: was the Ruarkian tale about you, the rhino and the Duchess in the tree true?.
clap

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome Mr Selby. I too am honored and look forward to your insight.

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karibu Sana !

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard Mr. Selby. When I saw the post, my first thought it was somebody using your name as a "handle". It is great to have you here.

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Mr. Selby

It has been a pleasure to read your daughter Gail's posts over the past few years. From the time I read Horn of the Hunter before my first trip to Africa, you have been a legendary figure in my mind. Having you post here on Accurate Reloading is quite amazing. I look forward to reading your posts.

Best wishes,

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard and may when we expect the publication of your memoirs? I am sure everyone on this forum will want a signed copy!

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Selby,

It is indeed a pleasure and honor to have you as an AR member.

Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bull1:
Mr. Selby,

It is indeed a pleasure and honor to have you as an AR member.

Bull1

+1
Couldn't have said it better.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
Mr. Moderator & Administrator,

Don't you think you are at fault here?

Come on Saeed! Even with one single post Harry Selby deserves (we deserve him?)to be considered "one of us"!

B.Martins

What every gun needs, apart from calibre, is a good shot and hunter behind it. - José Pardal

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote