Find
Notify
Tools

Many thanks!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
Mr Selby, sir, you are truly a living legend!!

Welcome to AR. Now please, pretty please some stories...?

Best Regards,
Scott

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Welcome Harry, we all felt special with Gail as a member, now we are doubly priveleged!

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Harry Selby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
Dear Harry
So happy to see you here and I know the AR family is thrilled to have you on board. Please give John Dugmore a "shout over the fence" and tell him the Safari Classics boys send our best. I hope to see you both in Bot's next year.
All the best
Dave

Hi Dave,
Will certainly give John Dugmore a 'shout over the fence' as you say. I will pass on your message about the Safari Classics boys and I am sure we will both look foward to seeing you guys in Bots. next year. In the meantime Best wishes from us here.. Cheers,
Harry.

Posts: 13 | Location: Maun, Botswana | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Harry Selby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nainital:
Mr. Selby: even so far as here in the southernmost portion of America, your name and exploits are well known. Welcome and please, give us a tip: was the Ruarkian tale about you, the rhino and the Duchess in the tree true?.
clap

Hi,
Thanks for your welcoming message.. much appreciated.. the story about the Duchess and rhino was exactly as it happened... however the incident occurred over fifty years ago and I cannot now swear that the words I used to urge the duchess further up the tree as the sharp end of the rhino was rapidly approaching, were as polite as Bob quoted.
Cheers,

Harry.

Posts: 13 | Location: Maun, Botswana | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Mr. Selby, you have just permanently hung the Southern Cross over our campfire at AR. thumb

Welcome sir, and congratulations on your award! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please allow me to add my welcome to you. I've had the priviglege of hunting in Botswana with Mark Kyriacou"s outfit in the Delta and at Clive Eaton's ranch. Your name has come up around the campfire and the respect which the PH's clearly have for you speaks volumes. I look forward to reading you posts.
If I might pose a question; What is the situation in Botswana regarding hunting in the future?

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Mr. Selby welcome, I would have given anything to be in the 1950’s and be able to hunt with you.

Best regards
Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Regarding b.matins' suggestion that Mr Selby be listed as "one of us"; The guy just signed up, do we really want to insult him right off the bat?

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Selby,
Just one more welcome to the AR forums. I certainly hope that you won't be just lurking in the shadows but standing by the firelight and sharing many of your stories and memories of a life that most of us only dream of.
Blair

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 827 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Jambo, Harry, and welcome to AR.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for joining us. We will greatly benefit from your experience.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to you Harry.

It`s an honer to have you posting here with us Smiler

Sincerely jens

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
I just saw your post and spent the last couple minutes stunned at the keyboard. Or maybe just a tad StarStruck!

WELCOME!!! beer

It's is truly an honor and a priveledge to have you amongst us.

Hang on a sec while I throw a log onto the campfire in my office...now that that's done,

"Tell us a story!" dancing

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2313 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AR has been a gold mine. It has now become a diamond mine. Welcome to the forum, Mr. Selby.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to you, sir!

Posts: 988 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Mr. Selby, Welcome to the AR. beer beer

Hope you enjoy the site and that you share your knowledge with us. thumb

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Welcone,Sir. It is truly an honor to have you posting here.

Please say hi to Garrrick C when you see him . He is a freind of several years.

Keith B

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
Welcome clap

Oscar.

I am Spanish

My forum:www.armaslargasdecaza.com

Posts: 1131 | Location: Spain (Madrid) | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sir, We are honored, thanks for guiding us, if not in person, at least in print these many years.
Saeed, may I suggest we honor Mr Selby with the title "Senior PH".
Thanks and best to all.

Posts: 367 | Location: South east Georgia | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
welcome IF you happen across a fellow named Joel Cobbs Tell him hello from Hook he will, know who you mean popcorn

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Welcome Mr. Selby! We all look forward to reading your contributions.

AR just became a better place to spend time and I'm sure we can all learn a lot. I do hope we'll get to read about your early days in East Africa.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome Harry, one of the greatest advantages of wildlife, conservation and hunting are that there is no man alive who knows it all, but I'm sure you have seen a lot more then the rest of us and we solute you on your lifes wonderings and learnings and hope you can share with us what you have learnt, glad to see someone with some knowlegde has come onto the forum for a change and sure 99% of us will get some sort of education, please skip past the armchair hunters and greenpeace snipers and enjoy the forum as most folk here are true hunters.

Posts: 146 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 06 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Elvis has entered the BuildinG!!!... clap

...looking forward to hearing a rundown on how .416Rigby performed for you over the yrs.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Welcome Mr. Selby.

dancing

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Willkommen, Harry Selby!

one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR Forum Mr. Selby. I feel honored to share this electronic space with you!

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote