THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Is Tred Barta ever going to actually shoot something?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Tred Barta ever going to actually shoot something?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This week makes about four shows in a row where he hunted big game with that long bow of his, and he has yet to cut a hair.

It gets a little boring after a while.

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Sad, isn't he?

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope he never draws blood, you know it's going to be pure luck that he ever hits anything, and it will be a piss-poor shot. That guy shouldn't be allowed to hunt.

Posts: 58 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 24 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine how much more difficult it is for him to keep quiet while hunting than it is for a normal person?

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
last year he shot a grizzly at 20 yds.perfect shot.long bow and wooden arrows.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As he says he is doing it the hard way. Has to get a whole lot closer with that stick bow and wooden arrows. Must be nice to have sponsors and such willing to pay to send him on all these trips with no results. My problem with it is like this last woodland caribou trip where he was winging 40 yard shots with no chance to hit the things. I hesitate to take 40-50 yard shots with my standard compounds which will get the job done - let alone with a stick bow. To me it kind of shows a little irresponsibility on his part as I don't think he has ever hit anything he has shot at over 20 yards. 20 yards and in he has been successful. At least he is entertaining and I don't actually watch figuring he is going to kill something. I don't think that is the whole them anyway as it is more in his doing it his way more so than killing things.

Posts: 114 | Location: valley Forge, PA | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Barta is into himself...but he has a good time. I would rather watch him miss animals at 20 yards then watch some dumb ass shoot high fence deer and elk. I think Tred would be a fun guy to share a camp fire with!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Last I knew Tred was "reasonably successful" at private jet sales. Being good at such a job probably knocks out the need for much sponsorship. How many products does he even mention in his shows?? Last I saw not many if any. I also enjoy watching someone unlike the rest of the private ranch/fenced in hunt shows that saturate (sadly) the rest of outdoor tv. I know I know how fun can it be to watch someone not be in a tree stand getting a free hunt that would cost any of us $3000 USD for?? I mean how much fun is it to not hear about thirty different products that are the next best thing since toliet paper (but in reality arent needed) on one program??

And about his shooting.. Is your kid or you the state shoot off champion with a bow? If they or you arent then should you be allowed to hunt? Do you even shoot a recurve/longbow? Have you even tried one? I do and have shot a compound as well. I could leave my compound for half a year, pick it up and have five arrows in a three inch circle at thirty yards no problem. Was I the best, no. Am I claiming to be, no. When I leave my recurve for one month a seven inch group at twenty yards can be celebration material.

Maybe Im too easy on deciding who should be able to hunt....

Posts: 43 | Location: Palmer College of Chiropractic,Iowa | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't had the pleasure of watching his shows. He does have quite a line of products that are carried by Three Rivers Archery. Just to let you know-it's a long bow not a stick bow. A stick bow refers to a bow that is made from one piece of wood. His are laminated. 25 yards for a longbow is what the average person can shoot comfortably.

It's a different world shooting a bow instinctivly-don't knock it till you try it beer

the chef

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am a long time traditional archer. Barta is not that great a shot. He has missed some real "sucker shots " on camera.

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I respect his desire to get in close and do it the hard way but in the episodes I have seen not only is he just a fair shot he makes lots of poor judgement calls in shooting.

The problem with his style is he aquires a "well this is the only shot I'm going to get mentality" and just lets arrows fly. He is not only missing the vitals but missing the hole damn animal!!

If he wants to do it the hard wat then bring a rifle and only shoot at 25 yards or closer.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea there isn't ever a justification for making a "hail Mary" shot. Too much danger of wounding and animal. That kind of behaviour on TV is doubly inexcusable.

the chef

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope he gets mauled and eaten by a bear.A big plie of bear crap would look alot better than his shows which suck.Who sponers him assholes of america.His some is one of the worst hunting shows I have ever seen.He does not hunt the hard way he huints the retarted way.I wish he would go to Africa and get stomped or mauled by anything.I thing a nice bush buck to the gut for this guy would be too good.He tried to play indian but he is just plain retarted.I always turn oit to something else on his shows.Some one needs to give him an antler hat and a brown jacket to wear on opening day.He just plan out sucks.Hes rude and not a good example for bow hunting or hunting.I say a heard of elephants and croc later for him good ridance.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I enjoy watching Tred because he is an idiot! I laugh at the stupid crap he does or says. He is definately an idiot.

More of his shows end in missing or not even getting a chance to shoot, but I did see him take out a banded green head out of the sky on one of his shows though.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I read somewhere that he is married to Red Green's sister...that would figure.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tred Barta may take an occasional "long" shot, but then who of us has not. The difference is he is unabashed about recording his misses and mistakes. Bow hunting, in particular, hunting with a longbow, is not about always being successful. He has had various hunts that were successful, and like most of us he misses more than he connects. His ethical standards (including the occasional "Hail Mary" )are certainly higher than the more "famous sportsman" seen on other channels shooting fenced deer. As I've often told my children, the off button is there for a reason.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
tradspirit, while I don't like high-fenced hunting myself, at least those who partake in it know what they are doing. If someone wants to shoot an animal behind a fence, that's their own business, and usually they are very capable. But Tred, when it comes to ethics, is just unbelievable. The one show of his that I watched in its entirety, showed him taking something like 28 shots at mule deer. Even after he had given up on taking a buck, he still couldn't manage to get within a reasonable 40 yards of any single deer, and made repeated "hail-mary's". Most of us have stretched our limits, but not CONSISTANTLY, and without regard for the animal.

I don't like those high-fenced hunting shows, but at least I know they can shoot.

one of us
posted Hide Post
After watching his mule deer show last year I lost all hope for this guy. He shoy 18 times to get his mule deer doe!!! He did hit and wound one on about his 12th arrow though!

I have no problem with someone wanting to use a longbow and handicaping themself but then they should at least be able to hit something when they let an arrow go or hold out for closer shots.

It's funny that he always talks about doing it he "hard way" yet when you watch him fishing he has every new gadget under the sun.

Posts: 144 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gibson, I appreciate and sympathize with your comments, however ethics are defined individually and as such, I will not agree with you that Barta is unethical. His charisma is based on the fact that he does miss and that he does make mistakes. Most of us wouldn't want our misses taped for the world to see. His integrity can be defended from that perspective alone. I do agree however that he tends to succomb to his enthusiasm at times and doesn't know when to stop slinging arrows. Not withstanding that fact I do enjoy watching his shows and accept him for his willingness to to reiterate the fact that hunting is not always about killing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
At least Tred is out there doing it and not just talking about it.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's true that we all need to define ethics ourselves, but I still don't like the guy as a hunter. I watched the show that time because it genuinely looked interesting, and it was, but it's definitely not what I call a good hunting show.

I also see some hypocrasy in him, he tells us repeatedly that hunting isn't about "making the kill", why then, is he so desparate to kill something? If he handled himself like most responsible hunters, and accepted the fact that he might not kill that deer 60 yards away, I think he would be an exponentially better hunter and host.