New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you want him?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
During one of my trips to La Pampa, I was able to photograph this outstanding stag, at the time free roaming in an enormous "estancia". After closing my mouth, because a quick computing put the head well above the best I´ve ever saw (and I saw many), returning to the premises I asked some questions about this monster. The people there gave their own pictures, including one of the antlers shed the previous year, which scored 238 C.I.C. points. Taking into account that the # 1 head for many years had only 234 C.I.C., I was amazed.
This year (in fact the last weekend) I saw the beast again, still in velvet. There are some 55 days more of antler´s growing so the total should be....¿who knows?.
PM me if you want more details.
http://s470.photobucket.com/al...rrent=CIERVO3JPG.jpg

SCI
Caza en Argentina Safaris
Buenos Aires, Argentina
E mail carlos.alberto.macias@gmail.com
Phone: (0054 9 11) (15) 5837-7679

Posts: 45 | Location: Buenos Aires-Argentina | Registered: 29 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Looks like he's ready to be fed from the car window! Wonder what his name is?

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice photoshop work on this pic. Nice fence in the background. I agree with SGraves. I assume you can shake a food can to get him to come up to the car.

Posts: 182 | Location: Up the holler in WV | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Nothing on Photoshop. The scoring is there, look at the previous antlers.

SCI
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Posts: 45 | Location: Buenos Aires-Argentina | Registered: 29 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frankly I don´t see the point in this discussion (or many others of this kind, by the way) The fence in the first picture seems one of the usual in Argentine ranches. Any deer can jump one of these at will. Moreover, it seems a big area, as per the tale. Eeker

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
Looks like he's ready to be fed from the car window! Wonder what his name is?

Big Grin Big Grin

The "trophy" concept is something really personal and for that reason, subjective... for me the trophy is much more based upon the hunt itself than on the prey, whatever it might turn out to be.

Carlos, do you live somewhere around Caballito? Wink

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Carlos....could you please send me direction to the estancia? Wink Do you come to the states for the conventions?

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I looked over the photo album in the link and believe this is probably a fair hunt, but am not inclined to use the blind over the water hole.

If this is a completely fair chase hunt, what would the cost be for a husband & wife each hoping to harvest a red stag? Is fishing available during the roar?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
How can someone FIND inside la Pampa bush BOTH antlers ?????????

And those antlers belonged to that deer ???..I don't think so but maybe I am wrong, and if they belong how do you know that ???

Let me tell you that I don't have nothing against big enclosures, I myself have hunted inside some big fenced properties in South Africa and Botswana but I like to call things by their name.

Sorry, maybe I am a bit grumpy for not sleeping too much later but... Roll Eyes

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Up to date, that´s all I can say folks. If you have better inferences than mine, be my guests. Big Grin

SCI
Buenos Aires, Argentina

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, maybe I am a bit grumpy for not sleeping too much later but...

Lorenzo,
I can remember those nights of milk bottles......LOL

It looks like a fenced hunt for me too.
No problem as long as it is clear, I guide many years on a fenced hunting ranch myself.
Sometimes strange things happens:
I have also found a pair of antlers once in long grass and some years ago I hunted a deer with a broken antler and a gaucho find the missing part some days later. LOL

Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Martín,

I still don't know how I am able to go to work every single day without sleeping too much during the nights Big Grin

Something around 3 am all you hear at my house is a two week baby crying and an older one shouting "papiiiiiii memaaaa" CRYBABY

Carlos,
I think you are an honest man, in the past I throw you a couple of banana's skins to see what you answer (sorry Wink) and you have show me that you are a serious and well intentioned outfitter , but you have to understand that your pictures are too good to be true, honestly, how many wild red stags are walking around today with a couple of antlers as the man is handling ????

BTW, which is that man's name ?? I see something familiar on him but I can't remember from where... bewildered (hey, this is NOT a banana skin rotflmo)

Anyway, good luck and sorry for opening my big mouth Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo: That's par for the course. I went through five of them. Others on here have probably went through many more than that and survived. Just be glad that all of that occurs when you're young. Smiler There is a cure for it all: CELEBACY. dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo: I´m sorry but I don´t know that man´s name. The pictures were given to me because my own photo was sadly, rather bad, being taken almost at dusk.
Thanks for the good wishes. Wink

SCI
Buenos Aires, Argentina

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo: not for horrifying you, but my own daughter for her first three years never slept more than an hour each time. My wife lost many kilos of course, so be prepared and take some vitamins. jumping

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo:
Something around 3 am all you hear at my house is a two week baby crying and an older one shouting "papiiiiiii memaaaa" CRYBABY

L

Lorenzo. I know that now this is a time of sleepless nights, but enjoy thaose babies while they are young. Too soon they will be grown and perhaps away. My daughters all live a distance from me, and my newest grandchild is due this month. Too far to drive and I will have to fly to welcome this one. I have four grandsons and this time I would like a little girl. Smiler

I am coming close to coming back, and you are high on my list. I saw a TV show and it visited the central market in Montevideo. Hunting is a passion, but almost equaled by traveling and enjoying good local food. holycow beer

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,

if you find an antler from an moose there are the other close to the first. To heavy to have 1 big antler on side of head! My experianc. About small kids, when they grow up you can not sleap of other reasons! They are out with friends and you care, or they are in play music high!

Matts

Posts: 147 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 23 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SBT: PM sent to you Wink

SCI
Buenos Aires, Argentina

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anybody shoot this poor beast popcorn

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not known. I understand that some massive culling operations are now under development, but can´t give more details. Much cheaper than hunts for good heads of course. Eeker