New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sixty years a hunter by Bill Quimby
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have now finished reading this most remarkable book, which the author graciously signed with some kind words for me and was forwarded and presented by our other Bill, billinthewild. Usually I´m too fast a reader but that work, a must for all of us, which comprises the past sixty years of Quimby´s illustrious editing and hunting career and involves America and Africa, I enjoyed like some one who tastes an old and expensive wine. clap clap

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Such kind words, nainital! I truly appreciate them, and hope that God will allow me to shake your hand, give you a heartfelt embracio, and thank you, face-to-face, one day.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Bill,
where can we order your book?

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Go to www.safaripress.com then do a search (there's a search box at upper left on the home page) for Quimby as author.

Several of my other books that Safari Press published also will be listed.

PM me if you want an autographed copy.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
I received and read my autographed recently. It's a very good book and well worth the money. Bill's a natural story-teller and pulls you right into each adventure. Kind of wish he'd start working on a life story now...

Posts: 1243 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I JUST RECEIVED THE BOOK ,THANKS BILL BERLAT ,AND THANKS BILL QUIMBY .IM PROUD OF BEING FRIEND OF SUCH A GREAT HUNTER.A LIFE WELL LIVED .
BOTH BILLS LIVED A TRULY ADVENTUROUS LIFE AND THEY ARE CONTINUE DREAMING ABOUT MORE ADVENTURES.JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
I am in the "naked ladies" chapter jajaja, very funny indeed a really nice story-teller, a guy like Us !!! tu2 I hope Billinthewild started to write His own book too!!.Both... Thank You. Guille

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Guille: Naked ladies? Are you sure you didn't get Hugh Hefner's book instead of mine? Hope you enjoyed the stories about my life.

Bill Quimby