Find
Notify
Tools

Nice RedStag in the Patagonia
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted
ARF Friends:I just received a photo from my friend Enginer Mario Damonte and his new (4º RedStag) trophy hunted in the Patagonia last week, Im waiting for more details about the hunt, zone, guns etc....But now is working in Jamaica until friday.I hope you like it. Congratulations Mario!!!

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Guillermo, wonderful picture. He got a great stag, and it looks like it was a long way into the plains of Patagonia. Thanks

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Today I received more info, Rifle a Ruger M77MII .300 Winch. Magnum w/ Leupold scope, Ammo;W-W-Factory 180 grs Power point, Distance 300 Yards, first shot over the shoulder (too much) didint touch the spine,just skin and loin muscles, the second in the elbow and the Red falldown on is feet. Was the 4º day of hunt, as you can see in the photo in a long and clear Patagonic plain (23000 has free range farm)near the Alicura Dam, was a 14 points with two breaked by fight with another Red. He took later another Redstag and a goat.

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
Guillermo, wonderful picture. He got a great stag, and it looks like it was a long way into the plains of Patagonia. Thanks

Steve: I dont have the pleasure to meet you, but Juanito talk me a lot about you, but shurelly we will meet when you come to S. F. in July/August with Willy foerster, I really apreciatte all your pictures, are very interesting
On Thursday; Billinthewild, Willy and me wil travel to the Patagonia to spend some days in turist trip visiting diferents beatifull places and fishing trouts (Last season day) and shurelly eating ASADOS !!!!:Regards: Guillermo.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be in Buenos Aires next year. Assuming I was interested in hunting stag:

1. How much would it cost?
2. How much time would I need to dedicate to the hunt?
3. I would have no hunting gear with me. Can the outfitter provide rifle, ammo, etc.?
4. Can trophies be dipped / crated and sent back to the States.

Just curious at this point. I don't think I would have more than three days free time.

Any info you would like to share with me would be appreciated.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
But for the first item, the other three are answered with a "yes". Come and see.... Wink

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
I will be in Buenos Aires next year. Assuming I was interested in hunting stag:

1. How much would it cost?
2. How much time would I need to dedicate to the hunt?
3. I would have no hunting gear with me. Can the outfitter provide rifle, ammo, etc.?
4. Can trophies be dipped / crated and sent back to the States.

Just curious at this point. I don't think I would have more than three days free time.

Any info you would like to share with me would be appreciated.

1-From u$1500 for a management RedStag below 12 points and 5 kgs head weight(Only for the Deer, not include daily fees) to more than a U$20.000 for a SCI or CIC Gold Medal Trophy with more than 16 points.
2-From a few hours in a fenced farm near BsAs to minimun three days in a fence land in the Pampa scrubs or the Patagonia Mountains or stepes during the roar, or a week in a free range private farm or National Park consesion.
3-Good treeking boots, a warm jacket, Binocular and rent a good Rifle over 308 Winchester with a good Riflescope and right bullet (Barnes, Nosler etc..)
4-First must be treatment by a competent taxidermist(B.& clean the skull)saled or taned the cape (Dipping & packing), and a good export agent (specialized in trophy exportation) who will make for your all the necesary sanitary, Flora & Fauna and export documentation.Good Luck

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guillermo Amestoy:
ARF Friends:I just received a photo from my friend Enginer Mario Damonte and his new (4º RedStag) trophy hunted in the Patagonia last week, Im waiting for more details about the hunt, zone, guns etc....But now is working in Jamaica until friday.I hope you like it. Congratulations Mario!!!

Beautiful stag taken in a beautiful place ... makes me remind (sad recall !) that this is my second unsuccessful attempt (2007 & 2008) in the Patagonia ... last year I found no "huntable" stag and this year the fire ruined my opportunity CRYBABY ... but I have learned the lesson Mad , in 2009 I will go both to Patagonia and to La Pampa .... one way or other I won't be let without my annual stag for another year ! Wink

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Guillermo for the detailed response. Definitely something to consider since my wife and I will be in the area visiting friends.

My wife was born in BA, and hasn't been back for about forty-plus years so I'm not sure she will give me the latitude of hunting. I think she plans on filling my dance-card with other activities.

Regards

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Kensco, forty plus years is a loooong time !

She would hardly recognize Argentina, hope she finds things better than she remembers !

Whatever you might do, enjoy your trip down here !

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote