New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jaguar hunting.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I want to know if it is possible and where I can book a hunt for a Jaguar for a client of mine from Spain. It will be hunted with a bow and arrow.
Any advise??

Fritz Rabe
Askari Adventures & Fritz Rabe Bow-hunting

Posts: 217 | Location: Musina South Africa | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As far as I know there is no place where you can legaly hunt a jaguar. Some people say there are hunts in bolivia with special permit but I wasn't able to get more infos on that.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
We can reserve you a jail side by side with the other hunter lurking for a marsh deer Big Grin

Sorry but it's ilegal to hunt jaguars. I know people who has hunted them on their properties in Paraguay and Brazil, but I also know a chap that earlier this year spent 5 months in a brazilian jail just for trying to hunt one.

Regards
Lorenzo

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
dont do this you can go directly to a dirty Bolivian jail....in Argentina the game rangers -some friends of mine -will shoot you with their FALS -so i strongly recommend you to abandon the idea .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanx guys.
I do not fancy the idea of jail. Hunting is not so good there I hear.
That is why I asked for advice.
Cheers

Fritz Rabe
Askari Adventures & Fritz Rabe Bow-hunting

Posts: 217 | Location: Musina South Africa | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Are darted jaguar hunts still available?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3434 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:

Yes.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
May i ask, why is there no hunting? Jaguar is not protected in bolivia and peru, right? So there must be some oportunitys. Also I heard that brazil gives out pac permits Confused

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Brownlee:
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:

Yes.
where?

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted Jan 24, 2:05 PM Hide Post
May i ask, why is there no hunting? Jaguar is not protected in bolivia and peru, right? So there must be some oportunitys. Also I heard that brazil gives out pac permits

You can thank America's anti-hunting organizations for the closures. If they had their way, and they almost did, there would be no hunting of any spotted cat anywhere.

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote