Find
Notify
Tools

SOUTH AFRICAN PHs in ARGENTINA
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
I have been hunting with 3 south african hunters ,ex soldiers and PHs WILLEM DE JAGER took a nice buffalo and they demostrated a great physical shape and shooting training. THE GROUP

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
C CAPIBARA

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
we saw many hogs in the water holes thanks to the drougth.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
buffalo ,nice old bull .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Rifle cz375hyh point soft points 300grains 3 shots.2 IN THE HEART ONE IN THE PELVIS.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I just retirned from the patagonia visiting a ranch i rented for the red stag season ,hunting geese with clients and snow skying ,ill post photos later .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Juan,

That looks like a fun hunt. That is a very nice pig, a huge rat and a great buffalo. Hope you didn't let those South African corrupt you by encouraging the drinking of brandy and coke.

I hope we can find some time for a pig hunt or fox hunt during our coming hunt. See you in about 10 days.

Take care my friend.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Juan, those are outstanding animals! Was this near Esquina?

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Dear friends all the game was taken at about 100km from Esquina ,many, many hogs,axis deer and black bucks in the area ,althoug hog hunting was ewasier as they were near water holes.
PWN375 im sure we will shot a lot and kill many many things.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
hogs in the tall grass

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
dorados

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
At the lodge

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
gavin with a piranha

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
prep aring and cooking the fresh fish

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
WE FRIED THE FISH AT THE BUSH.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
To hunt a good bull like this you need to stay at least 4 days in the bush -we slept in cabins,sometimes in tents,-and sometimes you must overcame humidity ,heat,mosquitos,etc its not an easy hunt because the hunt is in an unfenced area,totally wild.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juan,

It looks like you've arranged another successful trip, congratulations on such a good hunt.

Posts: 174 | Location: Cumbria | Registered: 30 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PWN375:
Hope you didn't let those South African corrupt you by encouraging the drinking of brandy and coke.
Perry

Be careful my friend, Fernet and Coke is worse.... nilly

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Gentlemen!!!, Well done Juan !!!, You owe to Bill, Iki and Me a Capivara hunt.Guille

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Great hunt and wonderful fishing as well. But.... bewildered Africans??? bewildered They looked like some good old white boys to me.... sofa Now when you get Odamnya down there, then you'll be talking Africans. lol And when he arrives give him this message from me middlefinger

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
incredible expedition ,i have been there with Juan, many times and now its a bit easier due to the drougth ,the 375hyh is the best caliber -i always carry a cz375hyh in the bush ,and a 44 magnum in the city.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Marcos you are rigth the area is very difficult and virtually isolated by the water ,the herd is totally wild and it moved very long way after the drougth ,the best manner would be an helicopter but i cannot afford one so ,only horseback and sometimes with luck 4x4s.
Of course inclosed farms where buffalo are cows -i hunted there many times-you can find better trophies and an esier hunt but here besides buffalo you can take many other species.
Guille I PROMISE YOU ,CRISTIAN AND IKY A CAPIBARA ,we must make plans ,we saw many capibaras in this expedition ,some huge males.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
GUILLE NEXT EXPEDITION WE MUST STAY IN THE BUSH AT LEAST 3 DAYS WITH TENTS i promise many different species ,we saw many brocket deer too.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yo, Juan, How tough is it to get a big Russian wild boar in that area ? In a normal year. Confused Next time I go to Argentina I would like to try for a big guy ... (also those cool white geese)

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
GUILLE NEXT EXPEDITION WE MUST STAY IN THE BUSH AT LEAST 3 DAYS WITH TENTS i promise many different species ,we saw many brocket deer too.Juan

Is it there space for one more ? Me!

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
PWN375,

Are you flying out of DFW? I am headed out on 7/30 DFW-SCL, SCL-COR. If you are, let's grab a drink somewhere in the airport. I will have just finished the bar exam and will be headed down to shoot some doeva nd maybe a buff.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Willem de Jager
posted Hide Post
Juan, thank you very much for a memorable hunt. Your hospitality and friendship is highly appreciated. You are a great outfitter and I will definately recommend you to anyone who would like to hunt in Argentina. I have hunted a few places in the world and Argentina surely rates up there with the best. Remember the invitation to hunt over here in Africa next year - I have already started making some arrangements. It will be an honour to show you some South African hospitality. It is a pity we never introduced you to the fine art of drinking brandy and coke - but rest assured, all will be revealed when you arrive in South Africa. I am off to hunt some kudu's and springbucks tomorrow in the Karoo - I will post a picture or two on my return - Willem de Jager

Posts: 16 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Willem you are welcomed at AR ,thanks for your kind words ,its very easy to hunt with professionals like you.
Scruffy you are speaking about CHOELECHOEL HOGS OR CORRIENTES HOGS because they are totally different.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Juan,

Please check your PM for some last minute information regarding a slight change in our arrival time in Cordoba.

DSC Member,

Our Flight leaves Houston on the 26th. Sorry we will miss you. I wish I could have taken a trip to Argentina after my bar exam 20 plus years ago. I was numb for 2 days after it was over.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Confused Dang ! No wonder I am having problems whacking a big Russian Wild boar ... bewildered

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Juan,
He is talking about real jabalies, not feral pigs. La pampa or better yet, a big hairy tusker from neuquén province.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah .. a big hairy tusker ... that would soothe my savage heart and soul .. for a while .. Smiler

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,Scruffy i killed my best boars in RIO NEGRO ,CHOELE CHOEL islands ,i just returned from there the boars are really impressive.In Corrientes i believe are only feral pigs brave and huge but very ugly.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like a competition between argentine and south african phs .Personally i run everyday with my 375hyh and shoots some targets while running.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mfischer:
I would like a competition between argentine and south african phs .Personally i run everyday with my 375hyh and shoots some targets while running.

RSA PHs don't run....that's what blacks are for.... dancing

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill ,we just finished a hard day with the boys here ,including JUAN AND IKY,we run 10kms,practice weigthlifting,shoot our heavy rifles -Juan put a target concealed at every 500 mts-and hunting each other including swat cops with airsoft.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mfischer:
Bill ,we just finished a hard day with the boys here ,including JUAN AND IKY,we run 10kms,practice weigthlifting,shoot our heavy rifles -Juan put a target concealed at every 500 mts-and hunting each other including swat cops with airsoft.

Marcos.....I wish I could have been with you even though I could not have kept up. But with the weight lifting I am the champion....and I pick the weights. Costillas....!!!! holycow

Theodore Roosevelt

one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
I would have to be permitted to shoot at Juan before he could get me to run 10ks with my heavy rifle unless he had one those Argentine beauties running in front of me.

Perry

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PWN375:
I would have to be permitted to shoot at Juan before he could get me to run 10ks with my heavy rifle unless he had one those Argentine beauties running in front of me.

Perry

Load your gun...those Argentine beauties don't run. And should you and I go down together, we will have a wonderful time with a few as the "boys" will be too tired to do much but watch.
Wink Run, Juan, run, Marcos, Senor Perry and El Furtivo will watch the ladies..... thumb

Theodore Roosevelt