Find
Notify
Tools

Yaguatirica
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
Yaguátirica is the guaraní name of a small wild cat that it's very elusive.

There is a bigger wild cat with spots just as a small leopard but the yaguátirica has long horizontal black lines.

This is a very rare picture that my trail cam cought the other day.. Cool

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
The other day a gentleman here asked me by private message if the Reconyx cam was good. I told him that they take so many pictures that sometimes is a pain in the neck to download them all but also I told him that it was the only way to find THE picture of a rare trophy.

Well, today I went to check this cam and from 3,600 PICTURES !!!! this was the ONLY one from this cat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eeker Eeker

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Amazing pict! How big is this cat? Hope you get another picture.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Is that an ocelot?

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very cool...

I'm sold on that Reconyx...

Dan

Posts: 285 | Location: Red Hook,NY | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
No Bill is not an ocelot, it's a MUCH smaller cat. Here you can see the different cats from down here....

The Yaguátirica is the same one (I think) that the Tirica of the drawing but in the coloured image is with spots instead of long horizontal lines bewildered

L

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
One day I must purchase one of those cameras. It is fascinating what they can catch, as is this most interesting and elusive gato. I wonder what he was looking at? 3600 pictures!!!
and only one of this cat. bewildered

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
In the picture the cat is climbing a branch just infront the trail cam, because of the corn of the feeder the place is full of picazuro pigeons, so maybe he is hunting one sleeping on the tree...

L

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Bill,
More than horizontal black lines it has horizontal "large" spots...

L