Find
Notify
Tools

Dinosaur hunt!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
I was hunting down in La Pampa recently in the area known as Villa El Chacon.....I was moving slow across some of the hilly terrain with my trust .308 and I heard some noise over on the other side....I got down low, told my amigo Guillermo to back me up and stay low as well....

As I crept over the rise, this big SOB was staring at me with a damn welcome sign!!!!! Caramba, would the .308 work?

Guille and I were sizing up this big dude trying decide where to shoot him, when his buddy eased up behind us and grabbed Guille!!!! He screamed and I turned and shot the thing in his huevos as he was leaving with Guille dangling from his mouth.

The welcome guy dropped the sign and was heading over for some leg of Amestoy when the big dude dropped Guille and the sign man was too late. Guille ran like he has never run before and we did not stop until we reached Bariloche....

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Bill, perhaps that was close to the same valley that Juan, Willy and I found partially eaten carcasses of two huge tailess howlers and some kind of huge cat. We managed to save the skulls:

.38spl for comparison:

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
you are drinking too much Fernet ,Villa EL CHOCON IS ABOUT 100KMS FROM FLAVIAS HOME .JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
you are drinking too much Fernet ,Villa EL CHOCON IS ABOUT 100KMS FROM FLAVIAS HOME .JUAN

Still a short distance when your stride is 5 meters. Perhaps it was in the Valley of Fernet. Big Grin

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Caramba, I remember that sabre toothed cat.....I was with Juan one day and he tried to catch it....
to make a pet for Flavia.....this was of course, after an evening with him, his friends, and a great deal of Fernet...."drink some more, gringo, it is only coca cola....." Eeeh huela, my head still hurts....

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I WOULD LOVE TO HUNT WE BOTH OF YOU ,STEPHEN AND BILL TOGETHER ....ASADOS ,MALBECS ,WHITE HORSE,FERNET AND BUFFALOS RED STAGS AND BOARS .....SOMEBODY WANTS TO AD SOMETHING ,FOR ME JUST DRINKING ,HUNTING AND FRIENDS... Wink

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
I WOULD LOVE TO HUNT WE BOTH OF YOU ,STEPHEN AND BILL TOGETHER ....ASADOS ,MALBECS ,WHITE HORSE,FERNET AND BUFFALOS RED STAGS AND BOARS .....SOMEBODY WANTS TO AD SOMETHING ,FOR ME JUST DRINKING ,HUNTING AND FRIENDS... Wink

Juan, perfect, but I must add costillas..... tu2 beer BOOM wave

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill for saving my life from that Argentinosaurus, next time I will introduce some of those ladies "with Handle" that Willy tried to introduce to Mr. Graves in the gas station, and I will make a appoinment with your dear Laura for Mr. Steve. Big Hug. Guille

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
quote:

Juan, perfect, but I must add costillas..... tu2 beer BOOM wave

Save a place for me !!!

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Martin....Julio!!!! And your place is reserved....

Theodore Roosevelt