THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    Brisket. What do you think of these techniques?

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brisket. What do you think of these techniques?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
https://youtu.be/kE2RisA2mHY

Looks like a lot of work but the outcome looks good.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a interesting concept but where do you get the right tallow?

Posts: 143 | Location: mid-michigan | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Not sure about that.
I have seen brisket turned to mush because they did not let it cool before going in the cooler. I like how he trimmed it though.

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The concept of adding more fat to brisket seems wrong to me..Brisket wrapped in aluminum foil salted and pepperd and salted with what ever else you like is cooked in its own juices, why add more..personally I like brisket wrapped in alumin foil at 100 degrees over night then bar b qued over an open fire or smoked over open pit to form a rind. but Im sure there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckey:
It is a interesting concept but where do you get the right tallow?

https://youtu.be/FOYHl0lDnGI

In this video is a link to the tallow and maybe a mystery solved.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Cut it out, Boomie!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Cut it out, Boomie!

Please expound

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve never added more fat to briskets, low and slow is all about rendering it out!

Have a friend that worked under Franklin for a while, he told me their secret is that they’ve perfected the art of cooking prime Black Angus 12.5lb briskets and their buy spec only allows for a 0.10 lb up or down. At that point it becomes more science/process repetition.

Posts: 147 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
These brisket videos are killing me. I don't have a decent pit, just a Weber gasser. But someday I will cook a decent brisket ...
Watching the Mad Scientist experiment with beef tallow being added at the wrap is killing me.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
All you need is a toaster oven!
My air fry toaster oven is amazing

https://youtu.be/0QyflDpnmNs

Just find an oven or webber recipe you like and go for it!

Constant temp can be tricky on a webber but the snake method of charcoal pattern will be your friend.

You need a gaggle of bubbas to consume a whole brisket. I bet you must have a buddy with a smoker and a truck. If not, make one here!

Life is too short not to live the BBQ life.

Friends are made over good food and beer.
Supply the beer and brisket and have someone supply the smoker. Who would not jump at that offer?

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Harry Soo is amazing.

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Anyone ever have Waygu brisket? It blew my mind. It was done by a great restaurant but I but the fat taste and texture is much different.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
There used to be a ranch just east of here, The Kobe Cattle Co. that raised wagyu cattle. I never tried it but I have been informed that it is quite expensive. But then most things are these days.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This was the tallow used in one video I watched. https://www.amazon.com/South-C...iendly/dp/B0881XTCR3

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Dang me, Ken, you just had to find and post that link, didn't you? Perhaps the day will come sooner than later that I try to cook a brisket with my gasser and smoke tube.

– John Green, author

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill

You have to be strong and resist temptation. Even if you do smoke it with tallow, it is not too late. Send the brisket to me without taking a bite and you will have avoided the evils of smoked brisket. (I believe that is written in the Bible somewhere.)

I watched a Mad Scientist video in which he ordered a Franklin brisket through the mail. I looked on Franklin's website. A "whole" 4.5 to 5.0 pound brisket now sells for $249.00, free shipping. Sounds a little steep, but it does come with "Texas Barbecue (BBQ) Sauce". Get them to add sausage and it is $289.00. They were sold out of both.

I think I'll pass and wait for you to send me yours.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
If you don’t want to cook 10- 12 lb brisket, you can buy much smaller ones packaged and label as corn beef brisket AKA pastrami. The brisket is unseasoned and the corning ingredients are in a small pouch inside the larger package. Because it’s much smaller, it cooks much quicker.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Jerry, that is a good idea. I thought those corned beef briskets had already been soaked in
a corning solution.

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I wonder what quality they can expect from a pastrami grade cut

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Jerry, that is a good idea. I thought those corned beef briskets had already been soaked in
a corning solution.

Some are but you can definitely get small ones that are unseasoned. I’ve done it and is so much quicker and easier. Plus for 2 people, you have a lot less leftovers but still enough for 2-3 meals....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
j dollar, worth trying. I have always bought the corned beef variety at St. Pats day + put it in the crock pot with cabbage + new potatoes.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken, just saw your post. Franklin's is good but really overrated but they get good press. Also they sell out quick + that is after SOME folks stand in line for 2 hours. I don't. My son has as he lives close but I didn't think it was all that superior. Perhaps Gato could have told us but I KNOW he wouldn't have waiting in line 2 hours either.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will never know how Franklin's is. I won't stand in line more then 30 minutes if I am with guests that really want to go to a certain BBQ place. My limit is normally 15 minutes. There are a ton of good BBQ places in the Dallas area; most don't get written about.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree; I must have got that attitude from my Dad. When ever we went into a restaurant, if the waiter was not there within 2 minutes he would get up + leave (with us in tow of course) I don't think he was wrong either.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got my Wagyu from Bailey Bradshaw. He lives east o0f me.
Great meat!

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Jeremy has a lot of Youtubes. This one was kind of fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKV7n5RcL4k&t=937s

– John Green, author

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Wait, Butch, the same Bailey Bradshaw who builds fine double rifles?

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
I will never know how Franklin's is. I won't stand in line more then 30 minutes if I am with guests that really want to go to a certain BBQ place. My limit is normally 15 minutes. There are a ton of good BBQ places in the Dallas area; most don't get written about.

whats your secret to lasting 15 minutes? i won't

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Ken, just saw your post. Franklin's is good but really overrated but they get good press. Also they sell out quick + that is after SOME folks stand in line for 2 hours. I don't. My son has as he lives close but I didn't think it was all that superior. Perhaps Gato could have told us but I KNOW he wouldn't have waiting in line 2 hours either.

my daughter used to stand in line at franklins for hours. she said it was great. but her experience with bar b que was hot dogs and hamburgers. then her certified dumb ass husband bought a masterbuilt gravity smoker. his brisket method was salt and pepper it, throw it on for 8-10 hours, pull it off and eat. after that she went back to franklins!

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The secret to Bar b Que, brisket or shoulder is in a word "MESQUITE"....

Ive spiked shoulder with tallow, most any market will sell it on order,at least in Texas and Filer, Idaho..works good on elk roast also..

brisket wrapped in Aluminum foil spiced with whatever you like, most use Italian Dresssing or Worsteshire Sauce, both good, cook in oven at 150 degrees over night then on the open grill with mesquite wood for two hours to form the black rind..set it out for about and hour if you can wait that long, and its simple to do and great to eat..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote