New
Find
Notify
Tools

8mm-06 , 338-06 or 280 Rem. Mauser?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sence you can't post photos yet, then tell use what you did to that old peice of oil soak pice of firewood.
Ray

Posts: 147 | Location: Maryland, USofA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, we finally stopped trying to remove the oil. The first thing I did was drop in on the table saw oooooo..... Whacked of the end, about here, trimmed off some forestock, and shaped it with a belt sander.... No, really... The grip angle was putting pressure on my elbow. So I shaped that too... I will figure a way to post my pics soon... Scout

Posts: 2 | Location: Florida | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here are some pics, let me know if you have any problems with the link. http://www.lanset.com/4x4guru/mauser%20project/Mauser.htm

one of us
posted Hide Post
Its looking prety good scout. What are you going to finish it with?
Ray

[This message has been edited by m1carbine (edited 02-20-2002).]

Posts: 147 | Location: Maryland, USofA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have to do some more sanding, and then decide on paint or oil for stock. I feel oil is the best it has some cool colors. Then modify bolt, change barrel, shoot a little and mod from there.... You know like building a hot rod, keep modifying it till there isn�t much left of what you started with...
I enjoy testing it at every stage of the change. Boys and their toys..
I am educating my self with a little help from my friends...
Scout...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hers a good site if your not sure of what you want to do. http://riflestocks.tripod.com/