New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun centerfolds requested
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey guys, how about some gun pics, whatever you've got of things you are proud of or saw and knew were drool material. I was just sitting here thinking it has been too long since we got some good layouts.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
Drool mode on:

Drool mode off. None of these are mine, just some that showed up when the Bubbas all gathered to watch Jefeosso run the electric beaver.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
I am proud of this one. I don't know if anyone else would drool on it though.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Browningguy.

What do you know about the rifle in the second photo you have provided. The full length stocked bolt rifle. Who owns it, and more importantly, who did the work on that thing. That lines in that stock are so pretty it almost makes me weep.

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
Browningguy,
I really like the stock on the third rifle. What is the who, where, and what on it?

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From out of the past, made in Los Angles, California, 1913, by Ludwig Wundhammer.

Posts: 808 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boha
posted Hide Post

Love the colours..

And El Caballero, I´m drooling over that one. thumb

Boha

Posts: 493 | Location: Finland | Registered: 18 July 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
I've posted these before, but here are my Biesen rifles in .375 H&H and .416 Rem Mag.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
My Jerry Fisher Oberndorf 375 H and H

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Three more Jerry Fisher rifles:

A Prussian Charles Daly 4 bore double rifle:

A pair of original Oberndorf 10.75x68 sporters:

A Holland 577 Royal:

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Palmer,

Beautiful rifle! I was wondering if the scope bases are Tilden or just the rings? Or is the whole mount the work of Mr. Fisher?

Kurt

Soli Deo Gloria

Posts: 145 | Location: Woodville WI | Registered: 25 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Browning guy - what is that rolling block. It's beautiful, but it has no keepers for the pins like a Rem or a Husky would. How do they stay in. It's got me stumped.

Who did the case color work?

Brent

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifles. Congratulations, everyone!

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Moleman,
The scope bases appear to be custom.

I was speaking to Dave Talley recently and he speculated that his dad made the scope mounting system since he worked with Mr. Fisher about that time.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Red,

I've got a Ruger Number One that I'm getting ready to send off to the customer. It's been color cased by Doug Turnbull, stocked by Gary Goudy and I did the metal work. Posting photos isn't my strong suit, but I will send them to you to post.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Boy, there are some nice pieces in the above contributions.

Just to widen the range a bit, here is a small and rather eclectic collection of working guns:

.470 Searcy Field grade
9mm M16 based racegun
1911 based 40 S&W Long racegun

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
The owner of the second rifle is a forum member so he'll come on and can tell you the specifics. I had some notes on all the rifles that day but can't find them now. Anyway, that little Mannlicher stocked rifle had us considering a way to distract the owner so I could make a clean getaway, it's an extremely well fitted rifle with metal work that was just unbelievalbe.

The single shot action is made by an aquaintance of Jeffeoso so maybe he can help out on that.

The case colored rolling block action is an original Remington that has been restored and case colored, again by a couple of guys that Jeffeoso can pass on. Also the 700 action they colored was absolutely perfect, I don't even want a 700 but would consider one that looked like that.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys.

I love this stuff.

flaco

N.B. Where's Forrest when you need him?

one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
A few of my own, nothing like what Forrest has for quality though.
H&K SLB 2000 in 30-06

Close up of my sporterized 1891 Argentine Carbine.

Three of my 1/2 action Martinis.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

one of us
posted Hide Post
fla3006,

Is that Daly 4 bore a Lindner or a Sauer? It's wonderful, how's the regulation?

Rob

Posts: 1682 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
damn...i'm gunna sulk now... Frowner

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys are really coming through beautifully for me!!!!

Mark, it would be a very great pleasure for me to post the pics. I think you already have my e-mail in case it is theonlybigred@earthlink.net

Thanks everybody, this is just what I was hoping for. of course now I have to dislike some of you for having such great toys Big Grin

Red

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not mine (unfortunately). Just a couple of my favorites:
Factory engraved Savages

Danl Fraser 303

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stu, I really like that 303!

I got the pictures from Mark everybody, they are beautiful, his barrels are such a work of art, wait till you see this rifle. I'll have to wait till I am home tonight to get the pics up to my webspace and post them.

Red

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
This first one is my Duane Wiebe built, Charles Lee engraved Remington 1917 Enfield in .458 Lott

This second one is also Duane Wiebe built, Charles Lee engraved Mauser in 7x64

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of our wildcats, the 30/404 built on a Hall Giant action, and Scary, one of our cheetahs playing with it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67462 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a nice kitty, Saeed.

Does he like to have his chin scratched?

flaco

one of us
posted Hide Post

1938 Brno model A in 8x60S

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
KurtC,

Sometimes Imagestation works, sometime it doesn't. So I have taken the liberty of copying your photos and hosting them on my Photobucket account.

1938 Brno model A in 8x60S

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Recoil Rob: fla3006, Is that Daly 4 bore a Lindner or a Sauer? It's wonderful, how's the regulation?

Rob, of the rifles I posted, only the two Mausers belong to me (actually only one, I recently sold the bottom rifle). The owners of the other rifles graciously allowed me to photograph them at the Vegas show a couple years ago. The Fisher rifles were on Jerry's table, the Daly is one of a matched pair belonging to Puglisi Gun Emporium, and the 577 was at H&H's booth. Only wish they were all mine.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok, too much stuff with smooth barrels, here is the beautiful work that Mark Stratton spoke of:

Thanks Mark, thanks the rest of you too, keep em coming if you don't mind. If I can find some that I have taken over the last couple of years I'll put them on here too.

Red

one of us
Picture of weagle
posted Hide Post
I wish I had taken a better glamor shot of this remington model 30 express before I shipped it off to 323. This is the only one I have ever seen in real life that was in it's original configuration.

Weagle

Posts: 737 | Location: atlanta ga | Registered: 11 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, it may not be a glamour shot, or even eye candy compared to everything else in this thread but I believe my M30 in .35Rem is all original, including the Lyman sight.

You may question the pad but it looks period to the gun and the butt was never inlet for your style of aluminum buttplate

Posts: 1682 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
weagle,

Here is my 30S with a rebarrel to 458 Lott. Most everything else is original.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On the photos posted by Dago Red, I must give credit where credit is due. The color case hardening was done by Doug Turnbull, the stock work was done by Gary Goudy and I did the metalsmithing. The Ruger Number One is chambered for .270 SWM. After test firing and 3 rounds to adjust the Leupold 3.5-10x40mm scope, it shot a .800 inch group at a 100 yards. It looks great, but it must preform.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
T.Carr,
that 8x60s round fits so nice in the 98action, I may have to reconsider my idea of a 7x57.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe those are 250gr Woodleighs in the 8x60S (the 7x57 gets lost in a standard 98, the 7x64 is a better fit).

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I'm glad you explained the cat. I didn't know if it was a victom or a pet. Nice rifle.

Lots of neat stuff from everyone! Keep'm coming.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Hoffman 505 Gibbs (not mine):