THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    New 1000 yard match rifle caliber Q
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 1000 yard match rifle caliber Q
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My golf pro told me one time when I was switching equipment "it ain't the arrow, its the indian". I think that applies here as well. Just enjoy yourself. It gets frustrating when you have the best equipment money can buy and shoot lousy. You're doing fine!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a buddy with a reheatreated GEW (that's WW ONE for you utes) set up with a 30" bbl in 338 Win Mag that will shoot 1/2 moa to 600 and will ring a 12" gong every shot @1000.

It is the "nut behind the bolt".

Happen to love my M 70 Bull gun with BalVar 6-24 in 300 H&H, (talk about ancient), it too rings that 12" gong time and time again. I will admit that after 7 decades I can read wind and mirage better than most kids.

It was the inspiration for my new 2000 yards rifle (338 RUM, 36" bbl)

Posts: 801 | Location: Pinedale WY USA & Key West FL USA | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post