THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    2,751-yard shots with a .338 Edge +P
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2,751-yard shots with a .338 Edge +P
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I try to be.......... I have dealt with a bunch of stand up guys in my life, they set good examples.

I am very glad that all went well for you and I am pretty optimistic that this will work out.

I really like the 338 Lapua. Mine is a box stock Savage that shoots damn well. The farthest I have been able to shoot it was 1020 yards and a 12" plate without wind was very easy, and load development was very easy. I need more long range wind work for sure.

I think the Lapua is a very well balanced round and easy to make accurate, kinda like a .308W. I also like the fact that you can get Lapua brass, in my eyes anyway, a bit of a draw back to the Edge.

I am kinda nervous about opening up a Remington bolt face that much.....but heck Remington does it.......

Love your sig line by the way!

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
don,

one other thing, the reason they call this a forum is because anything and everything posted here is up for comment. If you'd been here longer than a couple days, with posts on more than trying to legitimize this clown show you would know that.

Maybe you could get shawn to hire you to do his quality control inspections for him...?

regards,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Idaho Sharp Shooter,

This is exactly why I don't get involved in to many internet debates. JTEX and I will get this issue resolved. you on the other hand have jumped in and shot off your mouth with very little info. Yes we do build fine high end rifles worth thousands of dollars, this was not one of them,. This was and action and barrel job with a few other operations included, no stock, no scope etc. I guess you would in all your years of custom rifle building for customers would have bedded a stock mounted a scope and test fired all of this. Since your in Idaho I am sure we will meet up one day and we can continue this conversation, I'm done here.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 24 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One difference between us; I W-O-U-L-D have cleaned the swarf out of the barrel.

Actually, two.

I W-O-U-L-D have also made sure the barreled action was properly packaged to survive the trip back to its' owner intact. It is a shame JTex didn't take a picture of the package external packaging before he accepted it.

I sent an action off to a real gunsmith on this forum a couple months back along with a barrel to be fit, chambered, and headspaced; and dummy rounds to check feeding, etc. It came back clean and undamaged in transit.

I also got an Email following up to make sure I was pleased with the workmanship.

Maybe you should take a few notes...

1. Clean the swarf, etc out of the barrel.

2. Package it properly to withstand careless baggage handlers.

3. Contact the customer to make sure it arrived safely, and meets expectations.

I see your pimp at ELR deleted all of his posts this morning.

regards,

Rich

One other thing, what year did you say you went thru the POST Academy?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
You making a lot of accusations by jumping to a lot of conclusions and have no experience with the parties involved. Not good IMHO.

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich-PM sent.

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remember guys, ISS is the same guy who threatened to "squash" several AR members like "bugs" in PMs. Same guy who shoots one buffalo in Africa and pontificates about DG...

Hmmm, who knows more about LR guns...Shawn or Rich??? We don't need a poll for that.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got it. Good Luck!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Did it get resolved? Did he con you into the SUPER DUPER +P EDGE?
Did he con you into the SUPER DUPER AUSSIE BAD ASS BETHRAM BRASS that is holy grail ?

Posts: 1935 | Registered: 30 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No it isn't resolved yet, but resolution IS in progress. Shawn did call me today. He has recieved the rifle and shot it. He is not happy with the accuracy.

He is working on the problem and I WILL report the outcome. No more speculation is gonna be forthcomming from me.

I suggest we suspend this internet "lynching" until everything turns out.........might even turn out that the "lynching" turns into a "congratulations", that is my most sincere hopes.

He apologized for the lack of communication on the first go 'round and says he will make it right, let's give him that opportunity.

A person that has not made any mistakes hasn't done much.......

one of us
posted Hide Post
Only time will tell.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well time has told.

I recieved my rifle back from Shawn Carlock yesterday along with a detailed report of his findings and his resolution.

He shot the rifle as it was and noted that the accuracy was "horrible" ( his words ). He re-barreled the rifle with a 30" Hart stainless barrel replaced the muzzle brake and fired a 3 shot group that measured at .25something and sent me the target and the exact load data, Bullet, powder and charge, primer and seating depth. I went home and duplicated his info exactly and headed for the range.........

My group is a five shot group at 100 yards, the shot by itself was the fourth shot and I called it a flyer before I came out of recoil. The first two shots where in the same hole. This is a standard Redfield sighting target so the "grid" is 1".

Remember that I furnished the barrel on the first build, not Carlock. He replaced the barrel at his own expense. I asked him to send an invoice for the barrel and got nothing. Yes, I paid to ship the rifle back to him BUT he replaced at his own expense a barrel I furnished and shipped the repaired rifle back to me at his expense.

We did have some problems on the front end but, Shawn Carlock overcame those problems and went above and beyond to make good. He behaved like a true Gentleman and Businessman, remedying the situation. Like I have said in an earlier post there ain't much you can screw up that I haven't screwed up......but I always fix my screw ups. SHawn Carlock has done that.

Therefore i will eat crow! Or what's left of a crow........I figure I will shoot it with the rifle Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Well time has told.

I recieved my rifle back from Shawn Carlock yesterday along with a detailed report of his findings and his resolution.

He shot the rifle as it was and noted that the accuracy was "horrible" ( his words ). He re-barreled the rifle with a 30" Hart stainless barrel replaced the muzzle brake and fired a 3 shot group that measured at .25something and sent me the target and the exact load data, Bullet, powder and charge, primer and seating depth. I went home and duplicated his info exactly and headed for the range.........

My group is a five shot group at 100 yards, the shot by itself was the fourth shot and I called it a flyer before I came out of recoil. The first two shots where in the same hole. This is a standard Redfield sighting target so the "grid" is 1".

Remember that I furnished the barrel on the first build, not Carlock. He replaced the barrel at his own expense. I asked him to send an invoice for the barrel and got nothing. Yes, I paid to ship the rifle back to him BUT he replaced at his own expense a barrel I furnished and shipped the repaired rifle back to me at his expense.

We did have some problems on the front end but, Shawn Carlock overcame those problems and went above and beyond to make good. He behaved like a true Gentleman and Businessman, remedying the situation. Like I have said in an earlier post there ain't much you can screw up that I haven't screwed up......but I always fix my screw ups. SHawn Carlock has done that.

Therefore i will eat crow! Or what's left of a crow........I figure I will shoot it with the rifle Wink

Nice post JTEX.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I find telling the truth to be a simple matter......I'm good at simple!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!!!!!!
I am glad that Shawn went above and beyond, wow I am impressed!
One last question, what was the cause or reasons for poor accuracy?