New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prepper/Survivalist Forum Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted
Is there any intrest is a Prepper/Survivalist Forum?

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
No offense, sir, but I hope that all that bugout-bag-SHTH-zombie talk is left to lesser Web sites. It all becomes so tiresome and it is all really fantasy.
My two centavorinos...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16473 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
I hope it is just fantasy. The first rule of prepping is don't talk about it.

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No interest. After spending time in Africa and the Middle East, the US has nothing to worry about. There is no need to worry about "surviving". Spend your money and time on "living". The biggest enemy the US had/has is Russia and those folks cannot make a decent roll of toilet paper. I think the bravest man on the planet is a Russian astronaut. I flew a number of Tupelov planes over the years and I never cuss Southwest Airlines again.

Anyway - LIVE! Do more than just survive.

Posts: 10240 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:

+1

That is a very perceptive statement there dogcat!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in a high caliber prepper forum.

Even FEMA recomends a 3 day supply.

We are very dependent on electrical power, city water supply... what if these where to go off for a week or two.

Heck it happens already in some parts of the country during snow storms, huricane, tornadoes...

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would be interested. It is much more than who are enemies might be overseas. Like Singleshot03 said, even FEMA recommends three days. I know it might help some people after Katrina or other floods, or the fires out west that have to leave their homes in a hurry.

I have a good friend that could have used it in the Bastrop fires in Texas. He lost a lot of paperwork that he did not have electronic copies of (like he should) proving his cars were paid off, house had certain insurances, etc.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many people in the northeast could have used some better insight on being prepared for natural disaster? Nah. Heck, even Verizon forgot their fuel tanks for their generators were under ground......OOPS.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of a self reliance forum. It could include prepper to bush skills to gardening.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
No interest. After spending time in Africa and the Middle East, the US has nothing to worry about. There is no need to worry about "surviving". Spend your money and time on "living". The biggest enemy the US had/has is Russia and those folks cannot make a decent roll of toilet paper. I think the bravest man on the planet is a Russian astronaut. I flew a number of Tupelov planes over the years and I never cuss Southwest Airlines again.

100% tu2

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
I would be interested. It is much more than who are enemies might be overseas. Like Singleshot03 said, even FEMA recommends three days. I know it might help some people after Katrina or other floods, or the fires out west that have to leave their homes in a hurry.

I have a good friend that could have used it in the Bastrop fires in Texas. He lost a lot of paperwork that he did not have electronic copies of (like he should) proving his cars were paid off, house had certain insurances, etc.

Pretty easy to get a duplicate copy of your car's title showing no lien. Just call the state and request it. Pretty easy to get a new copy of your house insurance. Just call your agent and ask him to email over a new one.

Once you establish it's a good idea to have a couple of 5 gal water bottles and maybe a box or two of MRE's or canned food, some firewood and or a small generator, a gun with some ammo to prevent looters, what else is there to discuss?

I had an employee a few years ago that owned 20 AR-15s, and had an estimated 10,000 rounds of ammo for them. I routinely asked him why. His response was always, "You know what's coming. Better get prepared". "No, I don't know. What's coming", I'd ask. "You know! YOU KNOW!!".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would probably get more attention and interest than the Falcon Hunting Forum.

Posts: 603 | Location: Louisiana USA | Registered: 24 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by larrys:
I wonder how many people in the northeast could have used some better insight on being prepared for natural disaster?

tu2

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
As mentioned, there are already a number of prepper/survivalist forums on the internet, some crazier better than others, just like everything else in life.

If you think about it, most any "prepper" question you have can be answered in a forum here already, whether it be reloading, self defense, cooking over a fire, how to make a bush oven for baking, etc. All the conspiracy/social strife discussion can be handled in the Political forum.

As I quoted Dogcat earlier in the thread, it is much more productive to live a healthy and balanced life in the present moment than it is to gnash teeth about all the terrible things in store for the future, and that is something that should be meditated on.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark:
As I quoted Dogcat earlier in the thread, it is much more productive to live a healthy and balanced life in the present moment than it is to gnash teeth about all the terrible things in store for the future, and that is something that should be meditated on.

We'll see where that kind of talk gets you when the zombie overlords arrive on December 21st! rotflmo

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty simple from here in SW Idaho.

A place you can defend.
Food supplies to ride out a six month storm.
Proper firearms and the willingness to defend you and yours where you and the groceries are...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hey ~ we're still here!

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote