Notify
Tools

Post some PICS of Alaska trophies
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GLRodgers
posted
Hello fellow hunters.

Let’s see some of the PICS from your successful Alaskan hunts. We know you are out there so post some of the results. I for one would like to see what is out there.

This one was from last season. I am looking forward to this moose season.

Good luck and great hunting.

GLRodgers

Posts: 45 | Location: Eagle River Alaska | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a sheep i could post , but lack the computer skills to do it.

If someone could walk me thru it, or rec' the photos by email and post them for me, that would be great.

Cold Zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
For Cold Zero...beautiful sheep.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Animal!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

From spring '07 hunt in unit 17 with John Peterson. 26" skull. Booked hunt through Mark Young with Safari Trackers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice brownie. Unit 17...out of Dillingham? Any other photos of the bear?

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Here are a few more. Not really sure what the hide squared. I asked the guide and he said it's a big bear, pushed a little more and the guide said he'd be over 9'. The guide felt that the only measurement that counts is that of the skull. When he got to the taxidermist I asked him to give me a good honest square and he came up with 9'4". I was a bit suprised seeing one up close. For a mature bear it wasn't as outsized as I pictured one being. After looking at a bunch of pictures it struck me that no one really poses with their bear, but behind their bear.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again. It's a nice bear and squaring is something that is kind of overrated. It can also be fudged. Sounds like you had a good hunt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, it was a good hunt with good people.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a great looking bear! Love the short nose and big round head. Perfect coloring too. Congrats on a super hunt!

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anytime you see a bear with the ears on the side of the head like that...you know you've done well.

I really like CZ's Dall sheep. He says there were bigger sheep around but what a beauty!

one of us
posted Hide Post
micdis,

Very nice bear, tell us more - which rifle and Cal. did you shoot and where did you hit the bear, just tell us the story.

CONGRATULATIONS, A GREAT BEAR & TROPHY, thumb

Roland

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok guys no laughing but here is spindly little caribou bull I killed the day after 9-11-01.

I work for one of the companies that was used to fly into the WTC. I major pissed off and I think it shows in that picture.

Not a big bull but a piece of history for me.

I shot him up in unit 23 my old stomping grounds from when I lived up in Kotzebue.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I knew of guys who were stranded for awhile out there on 9-11...also know a guy who is an air traffic controller and his 9-11 stories are bizarre!

Here's an older photo of me holding another hunter's wolf that I recovered near my house. The Native hunter was Kevin Solomon in Ft. Yukon. It was a really nice wolf.

This is one of my favorite photos from an AR member...can't remember who this is but it's about as nice a Kodiak blacktail as you'll find.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple of nice fish I caught last week...16# silver and 130# halibut.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a huge blacktail. I bet it would score at least 125.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's got to be B&C. Anyone remember who that is? Most people won't understand how really huge that deer is. It's the trophy of a lifetime.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
That is a hog of a Blacktail buck!
Very nice photo too with an excellent backdrop, nice posing of the animal and hunter smiling, great shot!

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These photos are posted for fellow Alaskan Scott King. Looks like he has done very well in the last few years.

One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
My Dad and older brother were in the Brooks range on 9/11. I think they flew out on the 12th or 13th.
Here is one of my niece with a Moose at my brother’s house near Palmer.[URL= ][IMG]

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nice critter shots , the bear looks like a nine footer for sure. the blacktail is good mite be close to record book. all are good animals

If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff.

Posts: 396 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Lots of wonderful animals and picts here.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great picture of your niece. Wow, those moose ARE huge. It's hard to understand just how big moose are when you live in Texas and have never seen one. That moose's head is about as big as your niece.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Here's my moose

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2009 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 11 year old's first black bear

http://picasaweb.google.com/hunter7057/Alaska2007/photo...#5106441990579134306

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I took a look through your album so I could see a photo of the bear in the open. Looks like you had a great trip and caught some nice fish too. Your son looks wet and happy!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Somehow I ended up without photos of the bear in the open. The ones in the album are posed with a different bear, so we could have pics in the open. Oh well it happens and he is very happy with his bear.

PS the funny thing is we spent 5 days in Prince William Sound and didn't get rained on once.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yukon,

RE: Scott King. You don't know the half of it. He often hunts in the !@#$%^& river and it may well be the best moose hunting in Alaska at this time.

Jerry,

Who is the goofy looking dude in the left hand side of your moose. That really is a nice moose. How did you get it? Just dumb luck probably.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark, funny that you should mention that...I called Scott over the weekend and he talked about you a little bit...just what he said is confidential and could only be pried out of me if you have an extra donut.

Scott is out this week to hunt the rut.

One of Us
Picture of 7STDUBBERU
posted Hide Post
Valdez AK, May 2007
Encore Pistol
16" 338-06 Coyote Arms barrel
180 Grain Nosler Accu-Bond
212 yards

God Bless Our Troops

FU-AC

Posts: 192 | Location: New York | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Self-guided black bear or guided? Was probably still a lot of snow in parts of Valdez at that time of year. That place just gets dumped on. I think they once had 60" in one day. Eeker

One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
7STDUBBERU
Thats some pretty darn good shooting. Well done!

Did the first shot put him down or did it need a follow up? Did you recover the bullet? I like how the Acccubond bullets shoot in my kids 7MM-08.
Will

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote