Tools

What's with Alaska Flag?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted
I'm touched, but what's the occasion?

MM

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Alaska hunting forum I suppose.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sourdough
posted Hide Post
Looks good to me.

Gun Control means Hitting your target

Posts: 30 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MuskegMan:
I'm touched, but what's the occasion?

MM

Big Dipper and the North Star. Just loaded with symbolism.

DB

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
i like it...

can someone send me an alaskan flag shirt all blue shirt with the stars that is not made in china! i had someone get one for me but the dang thing was chinese Mad

i'll be happy to pay for it cheers

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Don asked the moderators if they wanted to have specialized banners for their forums. Well, this is the Alaska forum and what better than our state flag as the banner. No special occasion, it just seemed to me like the most approrpiate banner.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
YUP! Right danged appropriate I figure.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's perfect Paul thumb.

Posts: 192 | Location: Anchorage, Ak | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PaulH,

Good job guy.

Joe

Where there's a hobble, there's hope.

Posts: 369 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This old Alaska fisherman just returned from Guangzhou, China, was there on a secret undercover mission investigating seafood consumption patterns, and I found out mainly that there is nothing wrong with being "Made in China" And those 40 dollar 3XXX large Cabela hunting shirts are about $3.75 american peoples money converted to Chinese peoples money. That was the only thing hard to swallow over there.

Posts: 253 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
looks like home to me. appropiate.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Big Dipper and the North Star. Just loaded with symbolism.

The flag always reminds me of a perfect night a decade ago when I skiied out to a friend's cabin by myself in the interior. It took 6 hours (pulling a sled), was 35 below, crystal clear, full moon, wolf tracks all over the trail, ALL the stars were out, the northern lights were going crazy, and I was the richest man on earth. thumb

Good job Paul!

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Posts: 810 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I have to agree about clear winter nights. To those who say they hate the winters up here, they must have never been out on a clear cold night after a snow, when everything is covered in a blanket of white, and you're amazed at how many starts are in the sky.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
And when the lights are out....I should've never moved away; I could watch those lights for hours....

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Major Farner, Sir. You ain't in too bad of a spot as it is!

DB

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just want to see one of those flags on a flag pole one more time, while I load my stuff into a Super Cub with tires bigger than my truck's.

Harry
"Some days the sun doesn't shine and the sky ain't blue" that is what the second barrel is for

DRSS
http://www.twinxblades.com/

Posts: 62 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote