Find
Notify
Tools

Grizzly VS Musk Ox
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted
It's supposed to be from 2 weeks ago at Prudhoe Bay Ak. Video of a bear getting fresh food.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-nPS1xs-U3I

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
That second little calf turned around and charged the grizzly after it had killed the first calf; Heroism in the beasts.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very cool thanks for sharing

Posts: 207 | Location: new york | Registered: 23 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i didn't think the adults would brake circle and run like that! odd too me but that bear probaly doged the herd quite a while,who really knows,strange things happen in nature,regards jjmp

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5SqqG_LUss0&mode=related&search=

Small female griz with cubs vs large caribou bull. I think it's even better than the musk ox vid.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LZnsL7-UdGc&mode=related&search=

Charging bear killed by the guide, it was on the same site. Looked like the hunter had plenty of time to make a killing shot but may have hurried it and made a poor shot, resulting in a sow with a cub charging and having to be shot.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting musk ox video. I have been in that exact place and you never know what you will see. Bears on the tundra, whether grizz or polar, don't fear anything. It's all protein to them. A mtn. grizzly like that is more trouble than a larger brown bear that is normally more fearful of you.

On the bear charge, there was no way to avoid the sow since she wasn't known to be there. She charged without being provoked. The unwritten rule is that any bear that doesn't try to get away from you is a problem bear. What happens after that depends on how close they get to you.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by analog_peninsula:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5SqqG_LUss0&mode=related&search=

Small female griz with cubs vs large caribou bull. I think it's even better than the musk ox vid.

Caribou must be about as bright as a burnt out light bulb..

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
The caribou video is pretty old. On the original video, the caribou had been chased all night by wolves, but the wolves gave up. The caribou was injured in the hamstring and just couldn't run from the griz.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote