THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    would you buy a LH zastava?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

would you buy a LH zastava?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Peter has some information I think we should all have in our hands. Since I am not empowered to speak for the group I have asked him to post it here in this thread. We can then make a group decision.

Thanks,

Jeff

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsl3170:
Gentlemen,

Peter has some information I think we should all have in our hands. Since I am not empowered to speak for the group I have asked him to post it here in this thread. We can then make a group decision.

Thanks,

Jeff

Any time frame on this? I'm still in for a 458, just about no matter what.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12543 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for him to post as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping this is GOOD information? Specifically, I'm hoping it's information about a more competitive price.

FYI I happened across a new Zastava in 30/06 w/ synthetic stock this weekend. It was stickered at $289 so I decided to take it home. While the finish level isn't quite the same as the Interarms action I bought back in 92, it's still a darned good deal for $300.

I don't love the idea of paying $225 more for the same gun in LH, but I love the idea of having a honest to goodness 98 Mauser in LH enough that I'll bite the bullet and pay it. I'm not complaining, because I'm overjoyed somebody is doing the legwork for us to have the rifles at all. Just commenting...

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Hey Peter I sure wish you'd fill us in on what you know!

The original prices quoted in this thread seem fine to me. Sure cheaper is always better but,.......

Montana actions cost more. Ruger, Dakota, Empire and Granite Mountain cost more.

If able to purchase at the posted prices us lefties would find ourselves the owners of barreled mauser actions or just mauser actions or complete rifles for less than $700 including mail?

I paid more than $650 for the Ruger I spent more money on later turning it into a .458. I am very satisfied and very happy and very appreciative for the help I got Randy and Roger. I do think this deal is better.

Posts: 9106 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
gentlemen

i have oral confirmation that i am allowed to do this, and i am awaiting written confirmation as well.

my thing is this:

this is piggybacking on a special deal i am doing with them, making double square brigde mausers with a high finish level with a very distinct english styling, to be marketed at around 1-2000,-us$ in both LH and RH configurations.

could you please tell me if you are interested in the same english styled stocks because it should be possible to furnish them with this.
if not their normal stocks should be availble at the same or slightly reduced rate

what i will be able to offer you fine gentlemen will be M98 LH actioned complete rifles at around 600 us$ with the actions being a bit more refined than you are used to from zastava as i rather put a bit more money in the product to make sure most of the warts are taken care of from the get go.
they have great gunsmiths that do impressive work when alloved to do that at a decent price Smiler
that price will be around 600 us$

please give jeff or me an indication of where your interest lies.

with the very best regards

peter als nerving
taksdale gun & rifle

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
Peter,

I'm in for the English styled one.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm in for either one.

I would prefer a better fit and finished one and am more than willing to pay a little more for it, (especially if it has a barrel band sling mount rather than one mounted on the stock).

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12543 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Peter,I am interested in a english styled rifle with the better finish.

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by peterdk:
gentlemen

i have oral confirmation that i am allowed to do this, and i am awaiting written confirmation as well.

my thing is this:

this is piggybacking on a special deal i am doing with them, making double square brigde mausers with a high finish level with a very distinct english styling, to be marketed at around 1-2000,-us$ in both LH and RH configurations.

could you please tell me if you are interested in the same english styled stocks because it should be possible to furnish them with this.
if not their normal stocks should be availble at the same or slightly reduced rate

what i will be able to offer you fine gentlemen will be M98 LH actioned complete rifles at around 600 us$ with the actions being a bit more refined than you are used to from zastava as i rather put a bit more money in the product to make sure most of the warts are taken care of from the get go.
they have great gunsmiths that do impressive work when alloved to do that at a decent price Smiler

peter als nerving
taksdale gun & rifle

Peter,
I think this is kind of a no brainer....better quality for the same or less money...lets go.

My question is who will import them into the US for our group. If the guy we have been working with is the exclusive US importer then I assume this will have to go through him and I expect he will want to add 40-50% for his services.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm in for either, but the stock finish isn't important to me because I'm going to have to waterproof it anyway. If the extra cost buys better fitted and polished metal them I'm up for that, but if it just buys fancier wood then I don't need that on a working rifle.

I'm not interested in picking up another safe queen, I want a rifle to hunt with.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Count me in for at least two if the price holds at around $600 US.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by peterdk:
...could you please tell me if you are interested in the same english styled stocks because it should be possible to furnish them with this.

what i will be able to offer you fine gentlemen will be M98 LH actioned complete rifles at around 600 us$ with the actions being a bit more refined than you are used to from zastava as i rather put a bit more money in the product to make sure most of the warts are taken care of from the get go...

Let me make sure I understand. These would be the regular Mauser, not the squre bridge, in the same calibers that jsl3170 originally mentioned: 7X57, 9.3X62, .75 H&H and .458 Win. Mag.? However, the actions and metalwork would be finished to a higher degree , i.e. tool marks polished out more or would they be put together with more refinement, such as bolts being more closely fitted or something?

Could you tell us a bit more about the English style you are speaking of? Would you be able to post a picture of what you mean or perhaps a link to something similar? A picture is definitely worth a thousand words in this case.

I have been very interested in these rifles since jsl3170 first mentioned them but have really been on the fence about buying. The more Teutonic stocks shown on the Zastava web site are one detracting factor, but the big one was the unknown level of finish or construction. If the ones you are talking about are finished even to the level of the Interarms Mark X's I've seen at gunshows that would be fine with me.

Anyway - I am now definitely interested in this and, if you could please clarify just a little more, I would definitely buy one of these nicer rifles with English stock in 7X57 caliber.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery!
Hit the target, all else is twaddle.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Sorry to be obtuse, but if you could clarify?

If some or all of us take Peter up on his nice offer does this goof Jeff?

I suspect most or all of us are interested in buying a genuine lh mauser action and who its from or thru is unimportant. However, I'd rather not get Jeff to jump thru a bunch of hoops to only have us all abandon him in his moment of need.

Thanks much to both of you for attempting a transaction way above and beyond my head but ask because I just don't want to offend.

Regardless the interests involved I'd still maintain that I am interested in two and as many as four if thats what it takes to attain the minimum number for the order.

Posts: 9106 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff & Peter,

Sincere thanks for your efforts in trying to organize this group buy.

I have several questions for you regarding how this might work:

- Can right-handed shooters participate in this? I see where Peter mentions the models he has been negotiating with Zastava on are offered in both configurations but it sounds like the rifles he is offering are LH only.

- Would the full list of chamberings that Zastava offers be available or would this be limited to a select few cartridges?

- Is there a rough time estimate on this?

- Who would be the point of contact for U.S. buyers (for payment, distribution, etc)? I assume this would be someone who would coordinate things with the U.S. importer.

- Would other configurations of the M98 be available? Specifically, I would be interested in the Mannlicher-stocked version of this model.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing further details.

Posts: 354 | Location: CO | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
gentlemen

let me clarify a bit, and please ask quistions, if you dont ask, i wont know what you will need to know.

the offer on the group buy is:

Standard M98 actions finished inside and out to a higher degree than you normally get from Zastava in the states(think rem.)

the english stock shape i am talking about will be the classic rigby shape from before WW1, you can go with their standard stock shape instead if you so desire.

delivery time will be about 90-120 days from we finalize the order.

the caliber choises so far for this is 7x57 9,3x62 375 H&H and 458 win.

my other project is full double square brigde mausers, made to a rather high point of finish and with all you expect from a good london gun from before ww2. but the prices on those will be somewhat higher, allthough a new square brigde mauser action will cost more than my full fifles will Smiler

we will need an FFl importer to bring these in, but any FFL holder that has brought guns in will be able to do this.

right handed shooters can come in on this as well, it is just a matter for me to know excatly what i have to order for you guy's.

the reason i am doing this is that i think you are getting the nasty end of the stick from the importer and a bit of a run around.

zastava is cabable of making very fine firearms, if one will only let them, and that is what i am doing.

i wont be making much on this, but hopefully you guy's will remember me fondly in the future when you are out looking for a gun, and this is still the AR family, so i strech quite a bit for this Smiler

Scott: Jeff is in on this, as i started it by talking with him before anything, i will never overstep any boundries, written or unwritten in regardsto other peoples business, this is just an offer for the same without having to kick the importers butt to make it happen.

competition is what makes business worry about the service they provide to their clients. and keep them on their toes to make it better all the time, and your gun trade has been getting off easy for a very long time Smiler

Guys i am just a double rifle maker, but saw this tread and thought that it would be a nice thing to do for you guys. consider it my 2011 good deed, since i could combine it with the project i am allready doing with zastava, that project also came to be because i saw a lot of people wanting it but nobody stepping up to the plate, and providing it.

peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter:

I'm confused by your statement that "we will need an FFL importer to bring these in" Isn't USSG the authorized FFL importer for the Zastava rifles?

How were you planning on bringing in your square bridge custom guns? Will the factory let a bunch of guys make an end run around their official US importer?

NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
elkin

USSG is the official importer for their normal stuff, but there is no rules regulating me in selling to who ever i want to, and that is why i can do this. this is going to be a one off and the guns might even be marked as taksdale gun & rifles made by zastava.

now USSG is not my agent in the states, so this is no skin off my back.

best

peter

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Peter,
Thanks for the info. Provided we dont spend $100's on getting them imported then I like the idea of a better finished rifle. Hell I would like the idea of the upper end rifles you talk about but too.
I know of a forum member who may be willing to help with the import process. In fact he may be willing to handle all the financial duties on this side of the pond and ship direct to each of our local FFL's. And I expect he would do it reasonably.

Lets do this folks!

Peter is there any minamum order with what you are proposing?

Thanks,

R

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Peter,

I am very interested in your "other project" the double square bridge mauser made to a high level of finish, especially in the .500 Jeffrey caliber you mentioned earlier. Do you have a confirmed price in US dollars and delivery time on those? (If need be, please PM me).

Depending on the details of the double square bridge rifles, I may also be interested in a standard 9.3x62 with higher finish and english stock in this group buy.

Thanks to you and Jeff for trying to give the Lefties some interesting choices.

Best regards,

Stephen

Posts: 7 | Location: Georgia, U.S.A. | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Double-D
posted Hide Post
Jeff

I am in for at least three rifles now. But I am left a little confused as to where this will all end. If Peter is now the go then fine with me. I no the effort you put in to this, and in my case the actions will all go get trued up anyway. So it dont matter how they come with in reason. In your plan the rifles would arrive to the distributer then be shipped out to each of us. In Peters plan it sounds like they will all be shipped individualy from the factory and we will need to do the import, each of us ourselves. Maybe I have this wrong? I have done this twice myself in the past and I have a bunch more grey hair becasue of it. So if that is the deal and my assumption is correct then I might have to deep six it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter,

Thanks for the reply and providing some additional information.

If this thing gets off the ground, I would be in for two - a 7x57 and 9.3x62.

I would also like to know some further details on the double square bridge models you were working on initially. I thought I saw a post last night from someone who claimed to be involved with you on this project. It seems this has been deleted now. In that post, he mentioned the cartridges that were being offered and I clearly recall seeing 400 H&H as an option. When you have a chance, please post some more info. regarding prices, options, etc.

Thanks again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fellas,

Peter initially PM'd me with his info and I thought it best to leave this, as it has always been, a group decision. I suggest he get some hard info together and get it up here post haste. As far as working with EAA goes on the initial deal we all got excited about, it's stil there and we have gotten to around 33 rifles with definitive interest which is 3+ what we need to process. Here is my recommendation:

Since Peter approached this group, he can have until next Friday, 1/28/11, to get his final info together. I said we should keep the order open until the beginning of February to get info out and let intersted parties make up their minds. The following Friday is 2/4/11. Why don't we all agree to have our minds made up by the 4th of February and then we can move forward or not.

As always this is merely my POV and I will abide by the dictates of the group since I am merely trying to facilitate the process.

Jeff

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fellas,

Peter initially PM'd me with his info and I thought it best to leave this, as it has always been, a group decision. I suggest he get some hard info together and get it up here post haste. As far as working with EAA goes on the initial deal we all got excited about, it's stil there and we have gotten to around 33 rifles with definitive interest which is 3+ what we need to process. Here is my recommendation:

Since Peter approached this group, he can have until next Friday, 2/28/1101/28/11 , to get his final info together. I said we should keep the order open until the beginning of February to get info out and let intersted parties make up their minds. The following Friday is 2/4/11. Why don't we all agree to have our minds made up by the 4th of February and then we can move forward or not.

As always this is merely my POV and I will abide by the dictates of the group since I am merely trying to facilitate the process.

Jeff

Jeff, I think that you meant to write 1/28/11 above. I agree with your plan.

Any way that the group wants to go, I'm still in for a LH 458 Win Mag.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for pointing out the typo, Frank. I edited the post and yes, I meant 1/28/11!

Thanks again,

Jeff

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tried googling "rigby mauser" for pictures to get an idea of the Rigby style. Is this close to what you are talking about - short forend and lots of drop in the stock?

Or will the stock be a bit straighter? For looks the rifles pictured are really sharp, but for practical use of a scope that steep drop might not be the best choice.

Again, sorry to be so picky but to me stock fit and usage is of great importance.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery!
Hit the target, all else is twaddle.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fellas,

Since Peter approached this group, he can have until next Friday, 1/28/11, to get his final info together. I said we should keep the order open until the beginning of February to get info out and let intersted parties make up their minds. The following Friday is 2/4/11. Why don't we all agree to have our minds made up by the 4th of February and then we can move forward or not.

Jeff

Jeff and Peter,

Thanks for your efforts.

I would prefer to have a more highly finished LH at the inferred approximately the same price as initially offered.
if this option (peterdk) does not materialize-
I am still in for the three to which I previously committed.(jsl3170)
If this option (peterdk) does materialize-
I may also commit to additional weapons, most probably the "English-styled" (standard)
and perhaps the "Square Bridge" more expensive variant.

I will be away from the internet until Tuesday, I will check back in at that point.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Peter and Jeff for your interest and effort. I'll be standing by to send appropriate funds where and when directed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
Thanks to Peter and Jeff for your interest and effort. I'll be standing by to send appropriate funds where and when directed.

+1 for me on this. I really appreciate both of your efforts to help getting this rolling for all us discriminated left hand shooters. Big Grin

Posts: 55 | Location: Gretna,NE | Registered: 25 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter:

I'm afraid I still don't understand one basic thing about your proposal. You said "we will need an FFL importer to bring these in", which makes me think that you aren't an importer.

So my question is: Who will actually be importing the guns in to the US? At first I assumed you would be brokering the importation of all the rifles but the comment by Double-D about us having to import them ourselves made me wonder.

NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
I had stated my interest in a 9.3x62 with the initial offering.

I would perfer the rifle to be as now proposed with the "Standard M98 actions finished inside and out to a higher degree than you normally get from Zastava in the states(think rem.).

the english stock shape I am talking about will be the classic rigby shape from before WW1."

I only want 1 rifle and will go with the group no matter which wat we proceed.

Thanks for the efforts guys!

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 676 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
I'm in for 1 on the higher finished gun. I would also be intrested in aone of the double square bridge guns. Just let me know the details

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elkins45:
I'm afraid I still don't understand one basic thing about your proposal. You said "we will need an FFL importer to bring these in", which makes me think that you aren't an importer.

Elkins45, did you know peterdk is in Denmark? He can ship to a USA FFL dealer who can handle the import paper work, from Denmark. I think you need to ask your favorite / best local FFL dealer if he can accept your purchase from a Denmark gun dealer. It appears peterdk has shipped many guns to the USA. You are in Kentucky. Has peter shipped to Kentucky before?

Why not send Peter a PM direct and work this out off line? Then report back.

Posts: 1226 | Location: New England  | Registered: 19 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fourbore:
quote:

Elkins45, did you know peterdk is in Denmark? He can ship to a USA FFL dealer who can handle the import paper work, from Denmark. I think you need to ask your favorite / best local FFL dealer if he can accept your purchase from a Denmark gun dealer. It appears peterdk has shipped many guns to the USA. You are in Kentucky. Has peter shipped to Kentucky before?

Why not send Peter a PM direct and work this out off line? Then report back.

Ahhh...that explains a lot! Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I really am an 'ugly American' who assumes everybody on the internet is in the USA.

It looks like I have some investigating to do if we decide to go this route. I don't know if my dealer has ever done an international transfer.

NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It looks like I have some investigating to do if we decide to go this route. I don't know if my dealer has ever done an international transfer.

I definitely agree on this point. If this gets traction, we should discuss this procedure in an open thread, not via PM's or private e-mail messages.

What exactly is required of "Joe Average" FFL holder with regards to an international transfer?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Still waiting on Peter to give the whole picture so the group can decide. Unfortunately, at this stage we are up to about 33 rifles so if a few fall off to go with Peter the rest will not be able to process the order with EAA. However, this has been a group effort from the get-go.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Agreed. Still waiting on Peter to give the whole picture so the group can decide. Unfortunately, at this stage we are up to about 33 rifles so if a few fall off to go with Peter the rest will not be able to process the order with EAA. However, this has been a group effort from the get-go.

I realize that I'm a new guy to both this forum and this thread, but given a choice I would rather try to find a dealer who will accept a shipment from the US importer rather than try to find someone who can import a rifle from overseas. If you end up one rifle short I'll pick up the slack and commit to two.

NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ScottFromDallas,

It won't goof me if this doesn't go through other than the work I've put into it. Unlike Peter I have no financial interest in the outcome since this is not my line of business. I appreciate the thought, though!

However, EAA Corp made it quite clear to me that they are the only allowed importer in the US for Zastava made rifles. Personally, I like the idea of a better finished rifle for the same amount of money. Who wouldn't?

So, it seems to me there is conflicting information on this point. Clearly, none of us want to lay down money for a rifle only to have it get stuck and not have the ability to be brought into the US. Can you clear this up, Peter?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi jeff,

i've been quiet but i guess i should wade into this. this is how it happened about 6 or so years ago.

i decided i wanted several firearms from australia. i found a dealer down there willing to export several guns he had. when i placed the order i did so with a credit card, which he charged when he took the guns down for sale. he then applied for his export permit and i applied to atf for an import permit. it was a while but eventually all of the paperwork cleared but atf dis allowed two guns for importation as they " could have been military surplus".
he shipped the guns he could and refunded for the guns he couldn't. when they got to this country i had two additional fees to pay. the federal excise tax (11%) and another on which i recall was around 4%. the permit to import is specificlly marked that the guns are not for resale.

here is my assumption. the us importer is quoting a price to get the guns to our country and they would be responsible for the fees which i assume is built into the price.

peter from denmark is the overseas dealer and is willing to sell the guns for export to individuals. he has just offered "us" the opportunity to get involved with his stocking order as they may be stamped with is business name as he mentions in one of his post. i believe then that the person importing the gun would have to pay the additional fees on top of perter's price and shipping.

if you want to research the atf regulations you will find that an ffl dealer may occasionally import a firearm for himself or another non licensee on a form 6, i believe. for one ffl dealer to import 30 or so at one time i would bet that atf declares him an importer and require him to get additional licensure and permits.

i'm aware some of this is only assumptions on my part and the process is how i remember it.

max

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you max for the info. we all appreciate it. i think peter should address your post directly and either put the issue to bed or step back from the process.