Find
Notify
Tools

BUFFALO
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
[IMG]Buffalo killed with a 375hyh one shot in the chest .bullets noslers partition 300 grains.http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/juanpozzi/2004045.jpg[/IMG]

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post

Good looking bull Juan and Alberto thumb

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill ,ill try to meet you next time i hunt near your home .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Juan, that is a great bull. What's the story on him?

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Steven this buffalo was killed by our friend Steven Seibert ,with a perfect shot with a custom argentine mauser 375hyh .It was killed in the north of Santa Fe an area where in killed many ,many buffalos ,i guided Guillermo Amestoy to a nice buffalo too in the same country ,and the photo with paimun is in the same terrain .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juanpozzi, anyone kill a buff with a spear or knife? I heard a lot of fulminating on the spear forum a while ago. Im interested because of my background with boar sticking in pakistan. I think it would be PRETTY DIFFICULT to stick a cape buff ( I have shot several in Africa0, but I am mstill waiting for someone or you to try it!
PS My brother is a life insurance agent!

Posts: 523 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 18 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Indlovu:
Juanpozzi, anyone kill a buff with a spear or knife? I heard a lot of fulminating on the spear forum a while ago. Im interested because of my background with boar sticking in pakistan. We would do it off horses specially trained. Would succed 1/'3 attempts. one of my friends died, 2 were injured.
I think it would be PRETTY DIFFICULT to stick a cape buff ( I have shot several in Africa0, but I am mstill waiting for someone or you to try it!
PS My brother is a life insurance agent!

Posts: 523 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 18 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I offered to guide somebody ,because i believe that with the AID OF MY DOGOS it can be done ,i saw my dogos to put down huge buffalos easily ,so after that with a good spear in the heart ,it can be done .....Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Buffalo sticking ????!!! dancing

WHEN ????

Count me on !!! One reservation has my name on it, my friend !!! dancing

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Another buffalo this with a steyr 3006 .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
just saw the thread. Those are some big ass buffalo. What would it cost to hunt one down
there, and what ti;me of year is best?

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...
In the morning...

PM me please, I will be gone for nearly two weeks to Africa for one of their buffalo

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Are the Buffalo or Bison?

I'm told the difference between the two is that you can't wash your hands in a Buffalo!

rotflmo jumping rotflmo Roll Eyes

Nice Bisalo either way. Wink

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Congratulations.

One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
Nice trophy, congratulations.

Oscar.

I am Spanish

My forum:www.armaslargasdecaza.com

Posts: 1131 | Location: Spain (Madrid) | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice job. I also like the 300 grain Nosler Partition in the .375 H&H Magnum. Last June I had a one shot kill on a Cape Buffalo with the above.

Posts: 310 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 01 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
These are water bufffalos we hunt in a truly wild area totally unfenced in the sawmps of Corrientes in LOS ESTEROS DEL IBERA you can google it.We hunt many buffalos each year with revolver,bows-i dont recommend it-rifle and even shotgun ,the expeditions are horseback and canoes.The area is full of swamp deer,borcket deer,capibara,alligators ,blackbucks,axis,and ducks.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Love the variations in the horns of the buffalo you hunt. Argentina must have had several subspecies released into it.

Juanpozzi it is always nice to see your posts.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Another buffalo same day this with a Sako 375hyh.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
another buffalo my dogo paimun ,and a cz 416 rigby.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
STEVEN GRAVES BUFFALO .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I supouse Juan doesnt have any buffalo experience .....he just killed 1000 or 2000 or 3000 but ........its nothing

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote