Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of utcb
posted
Outfitter: Klemens Bugelnig – Hunting in Austria, Miesenbach
Guide: Klemens Bugelnig
Species Hunted: Mouflon, Fallow Deer
Rifle used: Blaser 30/06 – borrowed from outfitter

For several years I have been interested in hunting Europe. Since I live in Texas, I go to the DSC annually. I met with Klemens at DSC; I then posted on this forum for additional options. ‘Talentrec’ from this forum directed me to his hunting report:

Alpine Ibex, Mouflon, Chamois, and Wild Board in Austria

I decided to book with Klemens and I’m glad I did. My wife went with me – she was interested in shooting a fallow deer and I wanted a mouflon. The outfitter picks you up at the airport and you stay at a small hotel in the neighboring town of Puchberg. The hotel is very comfortable with good food. Here are a few pictures from the hotel or nearby area in Puchberg.

The hunting area is a short 30 minute drive from the hotel. The scenery is so beautiful that even the drive to the hunting area was enjoyable. The hunting style was a combination of spot & stock and sitting in blinds. I shot my mouflon from a blind and my wife shot her fallow from a spot & stock. Here are pictures of my ram:

And pictures of my wife’s fallow:

Both trophies were gold metal, which was the goal. I will say that we saw a ton of trophy red stag. We saw one stag that I’m guessing would score 440-460 SCI. Amazing. Couldn’t afford stag hunting on this trip – will definitely go back. We finished up the week with a few days in Vienna – I won’t bore you all with pictures from there. Needless-to-say, my wife and I both really enjoyed the trip. I highly recommend this outfitter to any American looking for a comfortable European hunting adventure.

Posts: 34 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding trophies.

Beautiful area.

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic trophies. Unbelievable quality!

I am looking into an Austrian or Slovenian hunt next Sept.. Does this co. hunt chamois?

Wife and I am entertaining the idea of a few days hunting and then off to Munich for a few days of Oktoberfest with a group of friends.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scottyboy:

I am looking into an Austrian or Slovenian hunt next Sept.. Does this co. hunt chamois?

Wife and I am entertaining the idea of a few days hunting and then off to Munich for a few days of Oktoberfest with a group of friends.

Hey Scotty, let me know what you find. After looking at those beasts, I was thinking the same as you.

Cheers-

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of utcb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scottyboy:

Yes, you can hunt chamois with Klemens. They also have Alpine Ibex, Red Stag, Roe deer and boar in addition to mouflon and fallow. He is booked through middle of 2015 on the ibex, but you should not have any issues hunting other things next year.

He has a booth at Dallas Safari Club and Reno SCI shows. He books up fast - if you want to send me a PM with you email address, I will gladly put you in contact with Klemens.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great mouflon & fallow - congratulations!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Cool hunt and neat trophies!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7523 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
Beautiful animals!

Posts: 809 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice congratulations!
That Mouflon Ram is AWESOME tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
That is by far the biggest Mouflon I have ever seen.
Congrats to you and your wife.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Very,very nice trophies congratulations ,hunted in Europe a couple of times and i loved it .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Holy balls
Some big trophies for sure

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Both stunning trophies - how long was the mouflon?

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Amazing trophies, congratulations to you and your wife!

I'd be interested to hear a little more about this hunt, that Mouflon really got me thinking.

PM on the way!

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of utcb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boghossian:
Both stunning trophies - how long was the mouflon?

The mouflon was 90 cm (35 1/2").

One of Us
Picture of utcb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thunder Head:
That is by far the biggest Mouflon I have ever seen.
Congrats to you and your wife.

Thanks. Czech Republic produces some big rams (but a lot of those places are high fenced), but I couldn't be more happy with the ram I got. They did shoot a ram last year that was 100 cm (around 40 inches). I saw a picture of it - it looked like an argali.

One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
Great Ram and Fallow!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What time of year did you hunt and did you see any roe deer?

Full time professional trapper

Posts: 313 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 13 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of utcb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trapper Tom:
What time of year did you hunt and did you see any roe deer?

We were there October 6 - 12th this year. They hunt Roe deer in August & September, so we were the wrong time of year to see them (after the rut). We hunted the higher areas of the property and my understanding is that the Roe deer liked the flat, grassy terrain better. That's a long winded way of saying 'no I didn't see any roe deer.'

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I have talked with them in the past and I am thinking of going someday. I would have to go in July. Sounds like mouflon and boar might be the best choice

Full time professional trapper

Posts: 313 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 13 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking animals.

Posts: 475 | Location: Moncton, New Brunswick | Registered: 30 August 2003Reply With Quote