THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Giant Kansas whitetail hunt (2 openings)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted
We have a new lease in Kasas for some Monster bucks. A hunter can expect Deer in the 160 class and up for this hunt. This ranch is 8000 continues acres of pristine deer habitat. This will be a 7 day rifle hunt with accomadations in a newly built log cabin. This ranch could rival the some of the best in Kansas and has only seen 2 hunters the last few years who hunted 2 days and took a 168 and 194 inch deer.

Price:$6250

Guide/PH: Tim Young

Location: Nearest town Ceader point, Kansas (firearm unit-14)

Dates: December 5th-11th

Whats included: 2:1 guided hunt, accomadations, all meals, transportation during the hunt and all trophy prep in the field.

Not included: Tags (non residents $322.50 plus $72.50 hunting license, total $395) any before hunt cost, Taxidermy.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Brian,

Does the land have roads every square mile like a lot of Kansas is laid out, or is it blocked off? Giant deer!

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
There are no roads threw the property it is 8000 continues acres.
Thanks!

Thanks!

Brian Clark

www.blueskieshunting.com

1-402-689-2024

One of Us
Picture of David_B
posted Hide Post
Brian,
Great looking deer. Is this strickly stand hunting only or is still hunting allowed also?

Posts: 62 | Location: VA | Registered: 04 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
David, this will be stand hunting.
Thanks!

Thanks!

Brian Clark

www.blueskieshunting.com

1-402-689-2024

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian - Are you sure about the name of the town it's near. From Kansas and have never heard of the one you mentioned?? Ceader point???

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
I suspect it is a typo and its Cedar Point, KS

Mike

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10059 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Yes, sorry for the typo.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

www.blueskieshunting.com

1-402-689-2024

One of Us
Picture of David Fox
posted Hide Post
Don't think you could call Cedar Point much of a town, any more. I live about 35 miles from there, and delivered a lot of propane in the area for about 20 years. The area is in the Cottonwood River drainage area of the Flint Hills, south of 50 Highway. Big cattle country, that is conducive to big deer. Good luck selling this hunt, as I'm sure there are good animals present. Knute

Posts: 38 | Location: Council Grove, KS | Registered: 02 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Thanks David, No it's not a big town. Yes there are truly some giants on this property, it's a place where you shoot a 150" deer because you have a itchy trigger finger. Someone will be very happy with this hunt.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

www.blueskieshunting.com

1-402-689-2024

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Clark:
We have a new lease in Kasas for some Monster bucks. A hunter can expect Deer in the 160 class and up for this hunt. This ranch is 8000 continues acres of pristine deer habitat. This will be a 7 day rifle hunt with accomadations in a newly built log cabin. This ranch could rival the some of the best in Kansas and has only seen 2 hunters the last few years who hunted 2 days and took a 168 and 194 inch deer.

Price:$6250

There is an advertisement for the same hunt on another website for $5500. Any reason why this hunt is $750 more? Everything else is the same, pictures, description, date and weapon. Only thing different is price.

Drummond

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Yes, outfitter is booking archery hunt, this is for rifle hunt.
Thanks!

Thanks!

Brian Clark

www.blueskieshunting.com

1-402-689-2024

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Clark:
Yes, outfitter is booking archery hunt, this is for rifle hunt.
Thanks!

Really? Here is what he said

quote:
10 hunter for the year. $5500. I have a few dif dates open just have to let me know if you want to hunt with bow or gun.

Not trying to be a dick but just wanted to make you aware so you dont get lumped in with the likes of Jeff Blair.

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Yes thank you I don't want to be mentioned in the same breath as Blair either. since he posted that he changed his mind on price. I can't control his thread and have advised him of this. I do not charge additional amounts on top of outfitters price, I work off commission from the outfitter only. Here is a quote from him regarding this.

"Sorry for the confusion. Brian is booking my rifle hunts and I am booking the bow hunts. The prices are $5500 for a bow hunt $6250 for rifle. If you have any questions feel free to give one of us a call."

I hope this will clear up the matter.
Thanks Again!

Thanks!

Brian Clark

www.blueskieshunting.com

1-402-689-2024

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brian Clark:
since he posted that he changed his mind on price
QUOTE]

He posted that yesterday evening. Thats for clearing that up

One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
No problem!
Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks!

Brian Clark

www.blueskieshunting.com

1-402-689-2024

One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Guy, We laid this ranch out to kill deer. The rancher is putting all the food where it needs to be. The stand sites will be amazing. We are leaving 80 acres of corn and beans standing plus another 20 acres of green plots. If you want to kill a giant you need to book a hunt for this ranch. This will be a great chance to shoot a B&C whitetail.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

www.blueskieshunting.com

1-402-689-2024

One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Great chance at a Boone and Crockett Whitetail on this hunt. Deadline is coming up to get in for your tag.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

www.blueskieshunting.com

1-402-689-2024