Plainsgame Cull - SAVE Valley 2011
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted
Agent: Jeff C. Neal, Inc.

Outfitter: Brooklands Safaris, Msaise block

Dates: October/November 2011

We have a limited number of plainsgame culls in Zimbabwe available for October and November 2011. These culls are high volume shoots for non-exportable cull animals. Last year, 2 hunters shot 186 animals in 10 days of hunting! This year they have again been awarded a generous quota of a select number of species that need to be culled. These culls are done on a 2x1 basis.

The Msaise block is 95,000 acres in the heart of the SAVE valley. The block is located about 4.5 hours from Harare by road, or 1.5 hours by charter. Please inquire about charter rates.

Luxury accommodations make it a great family safari:

Dates Available:

October 1-10, 2011
October 27-November 10, 2011

Daily rate - $450/person/day/

Observers - $240/day

Trophy fees (non-exportable):

Impala - $15 each (up to 50 may be taken per hunter)
Zebra - $35 each (up to 30 may be taken per hunter)
Wildebeest - $35 each (up to 25 may be taken per hunter)
Giraffe - $250 each (2 may be taken per hunter)
Eland - $150 each (2 may be taken per hunter)

*Extras include hotels before or after the safari, Visas, gun import permits, transfers ($750 round trip per vehicle, 3 people per car), charters if requested, trophy fees for exportable animals or gratuities if warranted.

To put the price in perspective, you could stay for 10 days, shoot over 100 animals (if you shoot all the impala, zebra and wildebeest) and still spend under $7,500.00 on this hunt.

Exportable trophies available at regular plainsgame rates. A suggestion here - wait until you get a good representative of the species before selecting which one you want to export (ie: look for a good zebra out of the 30 available to export for a rug)

Please let me know if you are interested in the list of exportable trophy fees and I can post them up here.

There may be some buffalo available on this hunt available as an upgrade as well depending on if they sell. They still have a few on quota for this season.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
This sounds like a heck of a unique opportunity. I will not be able to do this hunt this year.....but please keep my contact info on hand. I might be interested in the future, if you have something similar available....

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Wade,

We should have the hunts next year as far as I know. I'll keep you in mind for next years hunt.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If these dates didn't conflict with my hunts in BC and Kyrgyzstan this year, Id be all over this hunt.
What a great deal.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Scottyboy,

Yes, it's a pretty neat deal. It's a great one to take a kid on, especially if he's got plans for dangerous game in the near future because he can get the flinch out of his system. Shooting 50 or so animals is a great way to practice for the big stuff!

Good luck on your hunts this year, Marco polo in Kyrgyzstan I assume?

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greg,

This hunt sounds unbelievable! Few questions..

Can you expect to kill 100+ animals in 10 days?
What months/dates are available?
What aare the usual ranges and shooting distnce?
What other animals will be seen in hunting area?

I'm interested in this hunt.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
... your killing me .... what a great opportunity.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
Greg,

This hunt sounds unbelievable! Few questions..

Can you expect to kill 100+ animals in 10 days?
What months/dates are available?
What aare the usual ranges and shooting distnce?
What other animals will be seen in hunting area?

I'm interested in this hunt.

Leopardtrack,

Depending on how many people go, you can absolutely expect to shoot close to 100 animals in 10 days. Last year, the 2x1 group that they had shot 186 animals in 10 days, so 93 animals each.

October 1-10 and October 27-November 10 are available this year.

Shot distances will range from 50-150 yards. You will be trying to shoot multiple animals out of one group, so they will spread out a bit after the first shot.

They have buffalo, lion, leopard and elephant in this area, along with a ton of other plainsgame animals. Realistically you will see buffalo, lion and elephant, with leopard obviously being tough to see. You are going to see a ton of other game as well, including waterbuck, bushbuck, eland, crocodile, giraffe, sable, Kudu, etc.

Thanks and let me know if you have any further questions!

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HappyAppie458:
Hi Greg,

Just a quick question I'm no greeny and do alot of hunting myself.

But why do you cull so many animals ( 186 ) on ten days? Are there really that amount of animals in the area to cull that much? Wow!!!

And do you only do the cull hunting by day or also at night time with a light???

Thanks!!

PS. Would like to do it sometime in the future!!!

To put into perspective how many animals they are required to cull, they get 1,800 impala on their cull quota, 350 Zebra, 400 Wildebeest to name a few. They have such an over population of these animals (pretty common on the conservancies, Bubye Valley is the same way) that culling is the only way to get their populations in check. You can hunt these animals any time as it's private land, so spotlighting is legal. That being said, I believe most of the shooting is done during daylight hours.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

one of us
posted Hide Post
I did a hunt like this in Zim several years ago, and it is for real...

We shot- and shot- and shot some more.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hi Greg,

But why do you cull so many animals ( 186 ) on ten days? Are there really that amount of animals in the area to cull that much? Wow!!!

And do you only do the cull hunting by day or also at night time with a light???

Thanks!!

To put into perspective how many animals they are required to cull, they get 1,800 impala on their cull quota, 350 Zebra, 400 Wildebeest to name a few. They have such an over population of these animals (pretty common on the conservancies, Bubye Valley is the same way) that culling is the only way to get their populations in check. You can hunt these animals any time as it's private land, so spotlighting is legal. That being said, I believe most of the shooting is done during daylight hours.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Jeff C. Neal, Inc.
918/299-3580
www.jeffcnealinc.com
greg4jeffcneal@aol.com

Ok thanks thats good news so there is still areas where there are good to too good numbers of game available!!!!

That definitely sounds like one hell of a hunt and shoot. Would do it sometime if time permits.

Thanks

It is a cull, a shoot not a hunt. Night or day. Spot lights and all. Repeated trips back to the slaughter house. And if it is private property your no name PH will have rigged a shooting cushion over the windscreen so you do not have to get out the car.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9877 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hi Greg,

Thanks!!

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Jeff C. Neal, Inc.
918/299-3580
www.jeffcnealinc.com
greg4jeffcneal@aol.com

Ok thanks thats good news so there is still areas where there are good to too good numbers of game available!!!!

That definitely sounds like one hell of a hunt and shoot. Would do it sometime if time permits.

Thanks

It is a cull, a shoot not a hunt. Night or day. Spot lights and all. Repeated trips back to the slaughter house. And if it is private property your no name PH will have rigged a shooting cushion over the windscreen so you do not have to get out the car.

Sorry Andrew. I have taken the word "Hunt" out of the advertisement except when referencing the buffalo hunt that may be available should a client wish to give them a try.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greg, PM sent

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
souinds like fairgame has a problem. Back off jack he can call it what he wants. what is a hunt? its going out and killing shooting animals, what is a cull going out and killing shooting animals. If you don't like his post skip it and move on.

Posts: 61 | Location: new mexico | Registered: 22 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Fair enough it did read like I had a problem and also elitist so I have deleted my comment. Exactly, what is a hunt? and I have taken this question elsewhere.

Greg, apologies and it does sound like an affordable deal and keep forgetting that there are those who cannot afford the high cost and priviledge of trophy hunting. If you get to mix it with Africa then there is nothing wrong with that.

Cheers

Andrew

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9877 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
can be also a hunt for try rifles and ammos in view of a trophy hunt. In Europe ther'are lot of places like Ungary where you can hunt does and youngs deer for just a small fee. If you want you can bring the meat home paying something like 5/euros kg. But if you don want you can only shoot. And is a real hunt not just shooting.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
Greg, PM sent

Frank,

I PM'd you back. I'll give you a shout about the hunt tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I emailed you

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patricio Gaudiano:
I emailed you

Patricio,

I emailed you back last night around 5:00 central US time. Let me know if you received it, otherwise I'll try again.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012