THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Management Bull Ele in the Caprivi with Karl Stumpfe
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Management Bull Ele in the Caprivi with Karl Stumpfe
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Last year, I hunted with Karl in the Caprivi and took a nice Elephant Bull in the Sobbe section (non-exportable). The Caprivi is still "wild Africa", with platform tents and a gravity-fed water system, but all the amenities needed. I saw probably 200 Elephant in the 10 days I was there. I booked to return again this year, but recently found that my mother (age 96) may now require more care than my sister can provide, so I'm going to have to bow out until I figure out the expenses of assisted living or nursing home accomodations. PM me if you're interested..it's about $12K all in, trophy fee included

Posts: 20089 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of joedjr
posted Hide Post
Jon, Would love to take the hunt, sounds like a great trip. Just couldn't do it at this time. More importantly good luck with your Mom and God Bless.
Joe

Posts: 310 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 24 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are several date blocks that Karl has available....from June into November.

Posts: 20089 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Biebs,

What are the weight restrictions for a management bull in Karl's area? Pretty good price if I'm reading it right!

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs, sorry to hear of your mothers health, I too am staying home this year do to my mothers health.

I did a similar hunt with Fulton Safaris in the Caprivi in 09 and it was great. If you can stand leaving the tusks behind this is a great way to kill a bull elephant for not a lot more money than a tuskless cow.

DRSS

Posts: 625 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
Hi Jon

Sorry to hear about your mother's health. You are a good son. Best of luck selling the hunt.

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, thanks for the sentiments. She's a very special lady. Greg, I sent you a PM. Larry (ELK88101) has a picture of his Ele on his posts ...he took it on the same hunt with me last year. Many guys get Ele this size on a Trophy hunt.

One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
In all fairness, here are all outstanding details on the offer Jon has posted:

Jon was supposed to come with his friend Larry(also for non trophy elephant bull), in June(see date below), but Larry want to move his date to 16-23 November 2011, if Jon cannot make it, as we all now know he cannot. If someone are willing to take Jon's place, (either during the original date, or with Larry) he/ she can have this hunt for US$ 12000 (including 7 hunting days, 2 travel days, pick up from Katima Mulilo or Kasane airports, and a elephant bull of between 25 and 36 lbs. US$ 5000 refunded in case no bull shot.
Or if you want to hunt alone, the following dates are also open, and I am willing to accommodate someone then for US$ 12 500 all inclusive (as above):
22 June start or end 14 July (my family will also be in camp during this time, and price for this hunt is 12K ecven if you hunt 1x1, as this was the slot originally booked by Jon & Larry)
25 August to 3 September
1 October to 12 October
(I can also buy out another one from a neighbouring concession if you would prefer to bring your own friend, on any of the above dates.)

I will try and upload an example of a non trophy non exportable bull photo, but I am in the bush at the moment, and my connection is slow... (we try and shoot mature bulls with either broken tusk(s), or with weak genetics for tusk size, so you will shoot a good body size bull, just without the tusks, and we can have reproductions of them made...):

Other game that may be available includes:
kudu 1450
zebra (burchells without shadow stripe) 1450
warthog 400

The hunt will be out of my Sobbe hunting camp, which I am currently upgrading to include thatched chalets (not only the tents as previously). Best dates would be the June/ July slots or the November slot.

Feel free to conatct me, Jon, or L David Keith regarding this hunt.

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Here's Larry's management elephant from last year...

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
"pick up from Katima Mulilo or Kasane airports"

How does one get to either of these airports? Is a charter required? If so, could you provide an estimate as to cost? I just checked the websites for SAA and Air Namibia and couldn't find any flights to these airports.

Thanks

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2307 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom, the Sobbe camp is only about 2 1/2 hours drive from Vic Falls, as I understand. That might be another option.

One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Tom, Air Namibia flies to Katima on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and back the same day (leave Eros Airport in Windhoek 7h00 AM, and fly back around 15h40). It is a commercial flight, and takes around 2.5h.

Kasane is served by Botswana Air, and has been used by my clients that do not bring guns.

Or you can fly to Vic Falls, it is around 4h drive with the border posts included, and if you pay they cross border charges, I will also pick someone up there. (Same applies to Livingstone, Zambia, but I really hate going there...)

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Labman:
"pick up from Katima Mulilo or Kasane airports"

How does one get to either of these airports? Is a charter required? If so, could you provide an estimate as to cost? I just checked the websites for SAA and Air Namibia and couldn't find any flights to these airports.

Thanks

Kasane 4 days a week from Jo-burg. Fly there, it's a hell of a lot better than dealing with Vic-Falls.

Karl - Are these elephant exportable?

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Greg, unfortuantely not. It's what is called an own use (meat) bull, no CITES quota for exportation.

Also, when trying to find Katima, try Mpacha aiport, it might be under that name.

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl
Sorry for this change and we are very happy you are being very accommodating on setting new dates.
I will be there come hell or high water in November.
Larry
PS this is just a great hunt.

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No portion of hide, bones, nothing is exportable,
correct? Thank you.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Hi Jack

That is correct, the whole trophy belongs to the State, and the villagers get the edible part! There is also no CITES export permit for these bulls, so they cannot be shipped anyways.

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net