New
Find
Notify
Tools

Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted
It has been brought to our attention that the hunt was offered to us at a premium. We do not add on to these hunts, we sell them on a commission basis. What I posted was exactly how I received it two days ago from Adolfo Canale, a contact in Ethiopia. I apologize, and frankly am embarrassed that I even posted this. I believe another middle man was involved and added on to the hunt to get their commission.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Greg,

Funny, I was sitting here at my desk wasting the last 30 minutes of my day and just saw this thread. It looked strangly familiar to an E-mail I received from John Barth at Adventures Unlimited today.

He has the exact same hunt sent out as an e-mail to his clients for 37,000.00 all in.

INCLUDING AGENT COMMISSION

Why on earth is there a delta of 6,000.00 clams for the same product?

???????????????????????????????????????????????

Nganga

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3397 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the same e mail and was wondering the same thing.

Posts: 11974 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sombodies got sum spailin to do

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3397 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From: Dimitri Assimacopoulos <libahsafari_dimitri@yahoo.com>
Date: May 25, 2010 2:35:06 PM CDT
To: libahsafari_dimitri@yahoo.com
Subject: Special offer

MAUNTAIN NYALA AND MENELIK BUSHBUCK
15 DAYS SAFARI

1 Hunter

Special Offer Till End Of June 2010.

All Included

37,000 USD

Your commission = 2,520

Starting from July it will be 66,980

Posts: 11974 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am curious; what makes this two antelope hunt so expensive?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich,

Mtn. Nyala, Meneliks Bushbuck
Bongo
Lord Derby's Eland

Or..........2 or your Audi's (R8's)

They my friend are the Holy Grail of Spiral Horned Dreams

Nganga

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Greg,

Funny, I was sitting here at my desk wasting the last 30 minutes of my day and just saw this thread. It looked strangly familiar to an E-mail I received from John Barth at Adventures Unlimited today.

He has the exact same hunt sent out as an e-mail to his clients for 37,000.00 all in.

INCLUDING AGENT COMMISSION

Why on earth is there a delta of 6,000.00 clams for the same product?

popcorn

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Wow guys,

This is actually embarrassing. This hunt is EXACTLY how it was sent to me! We have not added a single dollar to it. I will take it down, sorry for this. Someone does have some explaining to do, but it aint me. I will email Dimitri today and see what the deal is or why he offered it to us at a premium compared to everyone else.

Thanks for the heads up!

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greg,

Respectfully, I call BULLSHIT

This is what give agents a black eye

Nganga

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Nganga,

You can call it what you want. Give me your email address and I will send you EXACTLY what I received yesterday, with our commission statement in it. I can tell you our commission was far from $6,000 for this hunt.

I wouldn't go so far as to say we give agents a black eye. We have been around for quite a long time and about 75% of our business comes from repeat business, including a few who have booked with us for over 20 years. This is an honest mistake sir, let it go. Please give me your email address so I can send you what I received two days ago.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greg,

OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Who is the middleman? Why does John Barth not have to deal with the middleman?

And yes your commission is far from 6000.00, its 8520.00

And I wont let it go. Guys like me that spend a disproportionate percentage of our incomes to pursue these magnificent animals in these exotic places place our trust in booking agents. When even the appearance of shite like this comes up. We all feel suckerpunched.

Nganga

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:
Greg,

OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Who is the middleman? Why does John Barth not have to deal with the middleman?

And yes your commission is far from 6000.00, its 8520.00

And I wont let it go. Guys like me that spend a disproportionate percentage of our incomes to pursue these magnificent animals in these exotic places place our trust in booking agents. When even the appearance of shite like this comes up. We all feel suckerpunched.

Nganga

And you should feel sucker punched man, this is BS. But, the fact that our commission is no more than the one Larryshores posted, but we are having to get it sold at a higher price is also BS. I can assure you that we were not going to be making $8,000 on this hunt!

The guy who offered it to me was Adolfo Canale, he is a contact in Ethiopia who apparently added a ton of cash to this hunt.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
popcorn

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 80 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 28 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post

This message brought to you from a source you can REALLY trust.

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Poker, I believe this is defined as "Folding"

Nganga

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who knows? I only know what I saw from John Barth. What Greg said is certainly a possibility. I am not here to say it is or it isn't true. What I will say is that if there is a safari company giving different prices to different booking agents,they are idiots.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greg,

I wouldn't feel to bad about this.

At least you didn't post an illegal hunt like others have done in the past.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ninersfan:
Greg,

I wouldn't feel to bad about this.

At least you didn't post an illegal hunt like others have done in the past.

It should be.

Nganga

Formerly "Nganga"

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Brownlee:
Nganga,

You can call it what you want. Give me your email address and I will send you EXACTLY what I received yesterday, with our commission statement in it. I can tell you our commission was far from $6,000 for this hunt.

I wouldn't go so far as to say we give agents a black eye. We have been around for quite a long time and about 75% of our business comes from repeat business, including a few who have booked with us for over 20 years. This is an honest mistake sir, let it go. Please give me your email address so I can send you what I received two days ago.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg,

It might be a better idea to post t5hat eial here here for all to see.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66984 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Brownlee:
Nganga,

Thanks!

Greg

Greg,

It might be a better idea to post t5hat eial here here for all to see.

Saeed, here are the contents of the original message:

-----Original Message-----
To: NEALHUNTS@aol.com
Sent: Tue, May 25, 2010 2:38 pm
Subject: Fw: Special offer

MAUNTAIN NYALA AND MENELIK BUSHBUCK
15 DAYS SAFARI

1 Hunter

Special Offer Till End Of June 2010.

All Included

43,000 USD

Your commission = 3.520

Starting from July it will be 66,980

I don't really feel I need to defend myself anymore, people are just fishing for an argument now. I've put up what I received via email, if people don't want to believe it, that's their choice. But this thing has been blown way out of proportion by a few looking to keep this thread going so this will be my last post on this topic. To the few who have sent me PM's and emails stating that you think people need to chill out, thank you! I couldn't agree more!

Saeed makes us give the outfitter for a reason. Do you really think that I would add on to a hunt that I have to give outfitter information of? How easy would it be for someone to contact the outfitter and see how much the hunt is? Pretty easy, especially for a crowd who is already on the internet for most of the day!(That includes me).

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Greg,

Don't worry about it. To some on here you could have offered that hunt for $10,000 and mentioned that you were making $100 on the deal and someone would call you a cheat.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote