Notify
Tools

Cancellation - Mozambique
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted
Outfitter: Safaris De Mozambique Safaris De Mozambique

Agent: Neal and Brownlee, LLC (Neal and Brownlee)

Dates: August 1 - 12 or September 15-30

Species: Leopard/Buff/Croc and Buff/Croc

We had a family safari cancel their Mozambique hunt last minute. They had 2 safaris booked during the same week, but we're willing to split them up to get the spots sold. Their original bag was a 12 day buff/croc hunt at $1500/day and a 15 day leopard/buffalo/Croc hunt for $1500/day. They put down a sizable deposit which cannot be returned, though their original hunt date was July 15-30, but being short notice we are pushing the hunt dates back to accommodate the cancellation. The hunt will be in Simon Rogers nearly 1 million acre area on the banks of lake Cahora Bassa. Simon was one of the first operations to move into Mozambique post war, and his area and PH's have an outstanding reputation for quality safaris. Our company has booked safaris with Simon since the early 90s and we've always had great success in his areas. Clients need to arrive Johannesburg where they can either charter direct from there or take the scheduled flight to Tete, Mozambique and hook up with a charter there.

This area is known for monster crocodiles and daylight leopard. The game populations are very good, and trophy quality is outstanding.

This hunt needs to take place August 1-12 or September 15-30 with arrival/departure days being 1 day on each end of those dates.

Cost:

Buffalo/Croc hunt $850/day x 12 days

Leopard/Buffalo/Croc hunt - $850/day x 15 days

Trophy fees:

Crocodile - $4,000
Leopard - $7,500
Buffalo - $4,000
Sable - $7,500
Kudu - $1750
Waterbuck - $2000
Grysbok - $500
Impala - $350
Warthog - $750
Hyena - $1000
Bushpig - $750

Additional fees:

• Firearms permit - $300 for each gun.
• Hunting permit - $300 per client
• Customs import charges for firearms.
• Dip/pack charge - $750 per Safari to deliver to Chimoio for forward shipment. All documentation and shipping charges are to be paid direct to the trophy export company.
• Accommodation before and after the safari dates
• Air charter to/from camp from Tete.
• Trophy fees for animals killed and wounded and lost
• Shipping and documentation and clearing of trophies.
• Transportation of trophies to Chimoio in Mozambique $300 per client.
• Fishing that observers wish to do whilst on Safari requires guide, boat and tackle.
• Gratuities, which are at the discretion of the client
• Specially imported alcoholic beverages
• Mozambique Visas .

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just wondering if both Sable and Roan are available on any one of the safaris mentioned or is it one or the other only? Also is the Roan in his concession that you would hunt and what would be expected chances of success and sizes for area?

Thanks

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted there with simon in 2011. Saw some good sable but did not have a permit. Took a nice buffalo but never found a shooter lion. He runs a nice camp. However, I never received my trophies. He just stopped responding at some point and I assume after 5 years they are lost.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi

For your information Roan, Civet and Genet are protected in Mozambique and no Quota has nor will be issued!

Regards

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Brownlee:
Outfitter: Safaris De Mozambique Safaris De Mozambique

Agent: Neal and Brownlee, LLC (Neal and Brownlee)

Dates: August 1 - 12 or September 15-30

Species: Leopard/Buff/Croc and Buff/Croc

We had a family safari cancel their Mozambique hunt last minute. They had 2 safaris booked during the same week, but we're willing to split them up to get the spots sold. Their original bag was a 12 day buff/croc hunt at $1500/day and a 15 day leopard/buffalo/Croc hunt for $1500/day. They put down a sizable deposit which cannot be returned, though their original hunt date was July 15-30, but being short notice we are pushing the hunt dates back to accommodate the cancellation. The hunt will be in Simon Rogers nearly 1 million acre area on the banks of lake Cahora Bassa. Simon was one of the first operations to move into Mozambique post war, and his area and PH's have an outstanding reputation for quality safaris. Our company has booked safaris with Simon since the early 90s and we've always had great success in his areas. Clients need to arrive Johannesburg where they can either charter direct from there or take the scheduled flight to Tete, Mozambique and hook up with a charter there.

This area is known for monster crocodiles and daylight leopard. The game populations are very good, and trophy quality is outstanding.

This hunt needs to take place August 1-12 or September 15-30 with arrival/departure days being 1 day on each end of those dates.

Cost:

Buffalo/Croc hunt $850/day x 12 days

Leopard/Buffalo/Croc hunt - $850/day x 15 days

Trophy fees:

Crocodile - $4,000
Leopard - $7500
Buffalo - $4,000
Kudu - $1750
Waterbuck - $2000
Grysbok - $500
Impala - $350
Warthog - $750
Hyena - $1000
Civet cat - $500
Bushpig - $750
Genet cat - $500

Additional fees:

• Firearms permit - $300 for each gun.
• Hunting permit - $300 per client
• Customs import charges for firearms.
• Dip/pack charge - $750 per Safari to deliver to Chimoio for forward shipment. All documentation and shipping charges are to be paid direct to the trophy export company.
• Accommodation before and after the safari dates
• Air charter to/from camp from Tete.
• Trophy fees for animals killed and wounded and lost
• Shipping and documentation and clearing of trophies.
• Transportation of trophies to Chimoio in Mozambique $300 per client.
• Fishing that observers wish to do whilst on Safari requires guide, boat and tackle.
• Gratuities, which are at the discretion of the client
• Specially imported alcoholic beverages
• Mozambique Visas .

There may be sable and roan available if interested. Inquire if interested.

Posts: 395 | Location: Mozambique | Registered: 08 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by freischuetz:
Hi

For your information Roan, Civet and Genet are protected in Mozambique and no Quota has nor will be issued!

Regards

Just going by what is on the trophy fee list. The list he sent me is a combination of Zimbabwe and Mozambique, which I was unaware of until this morning.

I've taken them off.

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AR MAN:
Just wondering if both Sable and Roan are available on any one of the safaris mentioned or is it one or the other only? Also is the Roan in his concession that you would hunt and what would be expected chances of success and sizes for area?

Thanks

I checked - Sable can be added to either hunt for a $7500 trophy fee.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greg are you saying safari de Mozambique has roan available in Zimbabwe?

Thanks

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
No sir - civet and genet.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greg clearly I'm missing something and that would be were the Roan trophy fee came from if safari de Mozambique has no quota anywhere ever??

Also a former client spoke of not receiving his trophies, is this normal?

Thanks

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Greg clearly I'm missing something and that would be were the Roan trophy fee came from if safari de Mozambique has no quota anywhere ever??

Also a former client spoke of not receiving his trophies, is this normal?

Thanks

AR Man - Originally Simon was given a roan quota in his area on his quota sheet (possibly 2010 ish?), but no longer has roan on quota. He messaged that to me this morning. I didn't mention a price, only that sable and roan may be available. That was my mistake. Sable are on quota, roan are not. I've edited my original post to reflect this. The genet/civet were pulled from his trophy fee list he sent me, but were on there for Zim as the trophy fees were listed the same for both countries. I suppose in my haste to get the cancellation moved I didn't see it was for both countries.

Regarding the client above (whom I did not book) - I have reached out to him via PM for comment on the matter to see what his claim is.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greg thanks for your transparity on the Roan issue and it seems to me like you would be great to deal with as an agent.

As for the outfitter you are representing well it seems like I should simply keep my thoughts to my self as I have been warned off by others.

Gotta love AR members!!

Thanks

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Greg thanks for your transparity on the Roan issue and it seems to me like you would be great to deal with as an agent.

As for the outfitter you are representing well it seems like I should simply keep my thoughts to my self as I have been warned off by others.

Gotta love AR members!!

Thanks

Sorry for any confusion, but thank you for the comments.

All I can go by is the past success of clients in the area, which has been very good. Obviously if other members have different opinions I'd love to hear them via PM!

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012