THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Information on GM Zambia safaris.- PH Greg Michelson

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Information on GM Zambia safaris.- PH Greg Michelson
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am seeking input from people who have personal information regarding GM Zambia Safaris and particularly hunting with ph Greg mickelson. I am looking to hunt in the Luangwa Valley.

After reading some very concerning descriptions of problems people have had recently with Zambia I'm trying to collect as much information as I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think it is safe to hunt with anyone who has already gotten his quota.

Check with him if he has.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, thank you for your response, however pardon my ignorance, what exactly does "...gotten his quota." mean?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
By all accounts Greg is a solid ph.

Which GMA are you looking at hunting?

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tommy45

What Game Management Unit on the Luangwa? They are far from equal. I would also ask if he is subcontracting and with whom?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy45:
Saeed, thank you for your response, however pardon my ignorance, what exactly does "...gotten his quota." mean?

Mark asked a better question.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Everyone, thank you for your input. It is greatly appreciated. I will ask those questions.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Tommy45

What Game Management Unit on the Luangwa? They are far from equal. I would also ask if he is subcontracting and with whom?

Mark
Mark most freelancers will seek quota from numerous operators and as you have stated the quality will vary between prime and depleted areas. From what I have seen Greg prefers to hunt Nyaminga which is owned by Faizal Lulat https://payakakuli.com/

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9870 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Everyone:

I have two questions. First, I've been informed that the GMA in question is the Upper Lupanda. Does anyone have any personal knowledge of that area? Second, some members have been kind enough to send me some private messages. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts I have not been able to figure out how to respond to those. The private messages I have received have come to my email. When I try to respond by email it appears that my response bounces directly back to me. How does one privately respond directly to the person who sent the message?

Tommy45

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hello Everyone:

I have two questions. First, I've been informed that the GMA in question is the Upper Lupanda. Does anyone have any personal knowledge of that area? Second, some members have been kind enough to send me some private messages. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts I have not been able to figure out how to respond to those. The private messages I have received have come to my email. When I try to respond by email it appears that my response bounces directly back to me. How does one privately respond directly to the person who sent the message?

Tommy45

Upper Lupande is CLOSED.

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tommy,

I do have specific knowledge and Upper Lupande does not as of today have an issued quota so nobody should be selling hunts there until all contracts are signed and the quota awarded.

My understanding is that Upper Lupande is a very good area.

Go to Options on your e-mailed AR PM and hit View Post. The PM will come up with a Reply tab at the bottom.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to thank everyone for all the good information I have received. It has really been of help. It is exactly that type of help that I think makes this the best website there is in connection with hunting matters.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Tommy,

you can find info on areas that are open so far in this post I did

https://forums.accuratereloadi...1411043/m/1611012772

There is good probability that upper Lupande will open this year but don't think it is signed yet.

quote:
I would like to thank everyone for all the good information I have received. It has really been of help. It is exactly that type of help that I think makes this the best website there is in connection with hunting matters.

Thor Kirchner
Munyamadzi Game Ranch
+260 978157643
P.O. Box 570049
Nyimba, Zambia
www.thorwildlifesafaris.com
munyamadzi@live.com

Posts: 314 | Location: Luangwa, Zambia | Registered: 04 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Thor!

posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Greg on 3 occasions. Great hunter. No BS whatsoever. He tells the truth and doesn’t oversell or over promise.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Limit Up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Everyone:

Since my last post I have done a good amount of research on GM Zambia Safaris & PH Michelson, as well whether the Upper Lupande has been formally awarded.

First, the UL is open. It has been awarded to Muchinga Safaris - John & Laura DuPlooy (whom based on my research have had excellent reputations for no less than several decades). I have also been provided copies documents from ZAWA which state the area has been awarded to Muchinga.

Second, PH Greg Michelson works very closely with the DuPlooys. He gets excellent reviews from former clients as well.

Based upon the foregoing, I have booked a hunt w/ PH Michelson. The hunt begins on June 5, 2024. The hunt will take place from Muchinga's camp.

Please wish me luck & I will provide information on the hunt afterwards.

Cheers,
Tommy45

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i wish good hunt and good luck on your hunt.

Posts: 1737 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first safari in 1994 was with Greg in the midlands of Zimbabwe, he was a pretty good cat man and we were successful on leopard and plenty of plains game.