Find
Notify
Tools

Wiebe 300 H&H engraving.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted
Interestingly, the bottom metal, buttplate and grip cap are all made in Duane's shop. Out of good steel no less(not leaded stock).

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1631 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
oh my... stunning

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Love the Super Thirty floorplate. I realize it is all personal preference, but this just seems so tasteful, elegant and understated versus animal scenes, gold inlays, etc. Well conceived and well executed in my view. tu2

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Really nice!

Posts: 2652 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Love the butt plate

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27596 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some damn nice work! You should be proud.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Outstanding work!
You and Duane, sir are a true craftsmen!

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Well executed!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
Really nice!

Chuck,
Kind of contadictory aren't you? I thought you liked Tupperware & no frills such as grip cap & extras that add weight like a cartridge trap?
http://forums.accuratereloadin...521/m/9001068612/p/1
Nice Job Duane & Roger!
m4220

Posts: 217 | Location: US | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m4220:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
Really nice!

Chuck,
Kind of contadictory aren't you? I thought you liked Tupperware & no frills such as grip cap & extras that add weight like a cartridge trap?
http://forums.accuratereloadin...521/m/9001068612/p/1
Nice Job Duane & Roger!
m4220

I'm not contradicting anything. But I still wouldn't own a rifle with a cartridge trap. Is there something wrong with that?

Posts: 2652 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Duane! ZG-47?

Posts: 425 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two of these ZGs myself.. planning on making a pair in 7x64 & 9,3x62.

Also have Alaska Arms trigger and rings stashed away.

Posts: 615 | Location: a cold place | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Awesome actions for sure.

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1631 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is class pure and simple. Understated but elegant.

Posts: 351 | Location: Junee, NSW, Australia | Registered: 13 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
This beautiful rifle is on its way to Houston. It's not mine but I know where I need to go to steal it. Smiler

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a .300 H&H nut so to speak. I have two really exceptional ones. Duane, this may be the best work I've seen. Hope it shoots as good as it looks.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdstewart:
I'm a .300 H&H nut so to speak. I have two really exceptional ones. Duane, this may be the best work I've seen. Hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Duane sent me a picture of the target he used to regulate the iron sights.....3 shot clover leaf. I think he was bragging about his eyesight. I think it's going to be a shooter!

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Love the Super Thirty floorplate. I realize it is all personal preference, but this just seems so tasteful, elegant and understated versus animal scenes, gold inlays, etc. Well conceived and well executed in my view. tu2

+1, less is more.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12540 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome rifle, you do have the skill and attention to detail that most of even the very best never reach.

Love the clean lines and functionality of that stock..Its the pattern I am using on my 7x57, G33-40 action, Lothar walthar fwt. barrel, Brno mod. 21 bottom metal, with Timney trigger and mod 70 safety..Jack Belk is installing one of his neat engraved, hollowed,& filigreed bolt handles as we speak..I'will be proud if it comes out looking as good as yours...BTW I have a piece of Russian walnut that's black with brown marble cake or visa versa..This one will be for me and handed down to my grandson in all likelihood..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work gentlemen. Very classy and elegant.

Nice to see these days as there is so much out there that just leaves me cold......... garish, tasteless, busy, with way too much gold and stock inlays that make me cringe.

This is very nice to see. tu2

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1810 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scrollcutter

Curious about your comment -- Out of good steel no less(not leaded stock). I use leaded stock a good bit for scope bases, bolt handles, magazine floor plates, etc. Would you elaborate?

Thanks

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Duane hits the nail on the head and makes my point.

Leaded stock is easier for me to engrave, for sure . But, it dents and scratches easier too! Notice how easy it is to tear up a screw slot now days. They are almost all made out of leaded stock. It's not my choice for gun metal.

To each, his own.

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
tu2

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote