Find
Notify
Tools

Custom smokeless muzzleloader
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I swear this stuffs addictive.
Just finished another custom Remington 700 ml smokeless.
I really like the 700 ml frame for ease and convenience for building these smokeless muzzleloaders. They could be had for a reasonable price but the secret must be out cuz there aren't alot of cheap ones going around any more. But accessories are readily available.
This one will be called Bad Boy II because of the overwhelming success of the first Bad Boy.
I managed to pick up a real nice Krieger blank in .458 1:16 twist with 10 flutes in stainless this one is .450 land to land, a little tighter than my shilen.
The bolt nose was converted with a twist, this time the primer holder was chamfered and the primer pocket on the new breech plug had a radius to match to help seal the blow back, the pocket was designed to encapsulate the 209 primer and form a perfect seal with virtually no blow back.I really much prefer the 209 ignition over cut shell casings. This breech plug is recessed with a snout that fits into the bore of the barrel, the plug is also equipped with a carbide ventliner ( which probably won't have to be replaced).
This time around the mounts are deadnutz in stainless (actually aluminum) , although their version of stainless doesn't quite match Remington's. and it'll be wearing the ever popular zeiss 3.5-10x44 eye wear.
I went with another LVSF stock which needed to be hawged out considerably to accommodate the massive Krieger barrel. I put a little spin on things to avoid confusion between the two guns and I painted the stock green with black spider webbing this time.
This sucker is no lightweight weighs in at 9 1/2 lbs so it'll probably be a stand gun.
I haven't shot it , except to see if it would go bang, and it did, more than 50% of the time. Gotta work out some sizing issues for bullets.But I don't doubt it'll be another shooter.

Here are a few pics.

here's the Krieger along side the shilen.

here's the first Bad Boy

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I have never seen this before so the idea is pretty exciting.
What pressures can you run?
Can you make this work with BMG primers?
Can you see where I'm headed with this?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27596 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote