THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Why Gang Bangers Hold The Gun Sideways --

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Gang Bangers Hold The Gun Sideways --
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
"That's the way it comes in the box!" animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0X0:
"That's the way it comes in the box!" animal
jumping lol animal tu2 beer clap dancing Cool hilbily thumb yuck rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

NEVER THE LEAST DEGREE OF LIBERTY IN EXCHANGE FOR THE GREATEST DEGREE OF SECURITY

Posts: 141 | Location: LOUISIANA,,for now. | Registered: 08 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
The irony of that joke is that gangbangers rarely get a glock that comes with the box... since they didn't buy it anyways...

My buddy's gonna dovetail sights for a glock on the side anyways as a joke. There's enough around it's worth it...

I'd tell you the nickname of this fine piece, but I'd be racist for saying it...

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
because they watched to many "Boyz in the Hood" movies. Not sure exactly why but maybe its lower profile so it doesn't draw as much attention and it looks cool, too them at least?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually comes from the Mossad's requirement that their agents carry their weapons with an empty chamber. When drawing they bring up the weapon so that the weak hand can sweep a round into the chamber by cycling the slide.

First round might be fired with the weapon on the side, but any thereafter are likely to be fired with the weapon upright and properly supported.

Some clown thought that looked cool ... and copied it without understanding that it was not the best way to do the job.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mstarling:
Actually comes from the Mossad's requirement that their agents carry their weapons with an empty chamber. When drawing they bring up the weapon so that the weak hand can sweep a round into the chamber by cycling the slide.

First round might be fired with the weapon on the side, but any thereafter are likely to be fired with the weapon upright and properly supported.

Some clown thought that looked cool ... and copied it without understanding that it was not the best way to do the job.

Sounds like a viable theory. Got any evidence? Like training manuals or instructions from Mossad? Testimony from trainees?

Evidence counts. Without evidence, your suggestion gets a discount. Despite its reasonableness.

Lost Sheep

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
quote:

So the Mossad don't carry a round chambered? Cool

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys ... I don't think the Mossad publishes their manuals. Information originally transmitted from a most trusted friend in the DIA.

Discount it if you want to ... no skin off my nose. I'm happy if the gangbangers think it's cool for whatever reason. Just improves the odds for the good guys.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry guys ... I don't think the Mossad publishes their manuals. Information originally transmitted from a most trusted friend in the DIA.

Discount it if you want to ... no skin off my nose. I'm happy if the gangbangers think it's cool for whatever reason. Just improves the odds for the good guys.

I would say that was a rather old technique, as I,too,was told about it in the late 80s, early 90s.
I could not imagine, in modern times, ANYONE, not carrying a round in the chamber, regardless of weapon type, in todays violent times.
Especially Mossad.

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

Posts: 332 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was FUNNY!!!

Rich
killpc

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote