THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    New Double (Sabatti) - Advice
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Double (Sabatti) - Advice
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
None Im not a Military man nor would I ever be and if joining the military is Cool tell that to the moms of the kids who got blown up in Iraq you know im sorry your kid died over there but they looked real cool doing it.But when my Home on Ponte Vedra beach is complete your more then welcome to come over and share the story of what makes you soo cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Express_Rifles:
None Im not a Military man nor would I ever be and if joining the military is Cool tell that to the moms of the kids who got blown up in Iraq you know im sorry your kid died over there but they looked real cool doing it.But when my Home on Ponte Vedra beach is complete your more then welcome to come over and share the story of what makes you soo cool

Confused here, what do your comments have to do with Sabatti doubles?
But you should thank your god there are people who are military men and woman so you can enjoy the freedoms you have every day

Sorry for getting off track, but after serving 21 years in the USAF I tend to get defensive. I have earned that right.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
edited out what's his (deleted) names quote..

I'm not military either but after that statement, I'd much rather hang with Jorge and Randy rather than you. Very Un-Cool

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I've had the fool known as Express_Rifles on IGNORE for sometime, but when other posters quote him I see what he has written. His recent post regarding the military and dead service members is just the ultimate insult intended only to piss off many of the AR members and has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with this thread. I am convinced he is a troll who comes here only to cause as much dissension as possible. He will remain on my IGNORE list, so when he replies to this post I won't see it.
donttroll

Semper Fi to all my brothers.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And here comes Mr.Shoe string double to throw his two cents into the hat better save those so you can buy another SAB the context I refered to the Military was Jorge asked how many Carrier Landings I have under my belt to make me cool I replied none as being in the Military does not make you a cool person I could have easier have said How many Italian sports cars do you own as 500N knows Im a man with high taste not only with rifles but cars and suits as well So Mr.Lionhunter the offer still stands Ill put any dollar amount you can muster to afford at the sci show that not only I can out wit you but out you in any aspect of life and thats to the point Ill even throw in the 5,000 for you to buy another sad excuse of a Rifle

One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
I will divert from the main drift of my thread and WHOLE-HEARTEDLY THANK ALL those who have served and those who are currently serving our country.

THANK YOU GENTLEMEN!!!!!!!!!!

I am tempted to answer certain comments... but the Bible says "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou be also be like unto him."-Proverbs 26:4; consequently remonstrance's would be in vain.

Most assuredly, AR members who express disrepect for our armed forces will find a well deserved home on my ignore list.

Hopefully people who choose to post on my thread will attempt to remain close to the main topic.
I don't mind a little thread diversion, but this is too much.

GOD BLESS OUR SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN AND GOD BLESS OUR GREAT COUNTRY! And GOD save us from the likes of poeple who don't think... who employ their mouth (or in this case their fingers)without consulting what meager intelligence they MIGHT posess!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. -- John 3:36

http://www.accurateinnovations.com - http://aigunstocks.com/home-2/

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI
DRSS - STILL waiting on MY "Taksdale" .450NE or a refund... coffee

"Young knight, learn to love God and revere women, so that your honour grows. Practice knighthood and learn the Art that dignifies you, and brings you honour in wars." (Johannes Liechtenauer, 14th century)

Posts: 279 | Location: North-East Georgia | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Soo Thank our Service men and women for doing their job..Then tommorow everyone thank their mailman garbageman and the likes since they are doing their job and signed up to do their job

One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
LionHunter,

That ignore feature is really GREAT!
You don't have to read a dog-gone thing they type!

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. -- John 3:36

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI

"Young knight, learn to love God and revere women, so that your honour grows. Practice knighthood and learn the Art that dignifies you, and brings you honour in wars." (Johannes Liechtenauer, 14th century)

Posts: 279 | Location: North-East Georgia | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Thought you (and others) might find it useful. Wink

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Can we get this thread back onto Sabatti's and off service men and women,
which although a very good and honourable subject should be in the politics forum ?

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What happened to the posts after mine ?

Has whoever posted just dissapeared ?

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500N:
What happened to the posts after mine ?

Has whoever posted just dissapeared ?

It was me, I didn't like the way what I said sounded after I had posted it. Roll Eyes

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice. I'm still waiting on Cabela's to cough up a 450/400, they still don't have one supposedly. They seem like they want to replace it as the alternative is a refund of my money.

As far as their online Gun Library that thing is usually pretty dated so if you're looking for something specific best to call them so they can check the company inventory. Last I looked the only 450/400 they had was a non-ejector model.

One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xrayoneone:
Thanks for the advice. I'm still waiting on Cabela's to cough up a 450/400, they still don't have one supposedly. They seem like they want to replace it as the alternative is a refund of my money.

As far as their online Gun Library that thing is usually pretty dated so if you're looking for something specific best to call them so they can check the company inventory. Last I looked the only 450/400 they had was a non-ejector model.

xrayoneone,
Let us know how it ends up.

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI

One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nemo

1. You are not stupid, just the company who makes them is not being as honest as they should be.

2. In regards to "And think about it, out of the 100+ Sabattis brought into thr country, only a few (some 3 or 4 I think) have reported had serious problems that I am aware of."

Go back to Ammoloaders post up the page a bit.
"I've been quiet about my the regulation issue but it looks like more folks are running into this so I think that I should post my experience."

The emphasis on "I've been quiet about my the regulation issue".

Not many people I know have the balls to come out and say what you do. Most will just keep quiet about it.

Now, where were we... Ah, yes.

I suppose there are people who have Sabattis but are not computer savy enough to tell the world know about their complaints. And I suppose their are those who are computer savy but don't give a hoot about forums. And I guess there are those who are computer savy and who are on (the) forums, but for one reason or another, did not see fit to tell of their problems, and there is nothing wrong with that.

So it possible that there COULD be a great many problem DRs from Sabatti. My point was, that of the people to post on the forums (specificly AR) there is overwhelmingly much more positive feed-back than negative.

The regulation of Sabatti double rifles...

I didn't mean to imply (and I hope nobody else did either) that anyone who bought a double rifle (specificly a Sabatti) because of its regulation target is ignorant or fool-hardy, because I got mine because of its target! And if/when I get another DR, -unless I get a custom Searcy or Heym or V.C.- , I will shop around for one with one with a nice regulation target, if possible.

It seems that not all Sabattis are gems. So what?! Not all Merkles, Blasers, Chapuis or Kreighoffs are either!

I stand to corrected, but tend to think that the comperatively "low" price of these Sabatti DRs means that folks who buy them are more likley to come forward with problems. I know I would gall me to publicly admit that I had spent $10,000 on a Merkle or Blaser or Chapuis or Kreighoff or even (GOD forbid) a Searcy, and was having severe problems with the gun and even more problems getting it fixed!

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get your money back from Cabelas, then buy the one that "foxhound" has FS in the classifieds

DRSS
Beretta 45-70 belgian mag
Tikka 512S 9.3 x 74R
Baikal o/u 30-06
Looking for next one

Posts: 290 | Location: Western Colorado | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
Now Fellas,
Up till now I've been think ing of puting a Pachmayr red 1" pad on my Sabatti (when I get it fixed or replaced). But I have heard that Limbsaver pads are very effective. And recently I have been looking at the "Universal Quick-Lock" pads from NECG.

So, I am wondering which way to go... I tend towards the Pachmayer. Because that is what I have seen (and heard) the most of and that is what Michael458 has put on most (if not all) his custom stocks from Accurate Innovations (for his compact big-bores).

http://www.accurateinnovations.com/ - Check them out!

I would like to hear what y'all know about any or all of these pads. First hand experience on .400+ rifles would be preferred, but I won't be picky. Wink

LionHunter, what did JJ Perodeau put on yours?

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Nemo-

I had JJ put on a Pachmayer in brown, because that's the brand he carries and recommends, along with the English Silvers pad, which is a bit pricey. I have a LimbSaver on my Ruger .458Lott - their stock OE pad is also a POS. I like both Pachmayer and LimbSaver and consider them both high quality pads. You can't go wrong with either.

I always wonder why many makers of large bore rifles seem to scrimp on cheap recoil pads. Some years ago Remington got smart and had LimbSaver make their Remington marked pads. Kick-Ezz has also, been recommended by AR users, but I have no experience with them.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
I always wonder why makers of large bore rifles seem to scrimp on cheap recoil pads.

Because they are trying to keep the price down because everyone buys on price
and don't look at the quality differences. They just think a recoil pad is a
recoil pad.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nemo .450:
quote:
Nemo

1. You are not stupid, just the company who makes them is not being as honest as they should be.

2. In regards to "And think about it, out of the 100+ Sabattis brought into thr country, only a few (some 3 or 4 I think) have reported had serious problems that I am aware of."

"I've been quiet about my the regulation issue but it looks like more folks are running into this so I think that I should post my experience."

Not many people I know have the balls to come out and say what you do. Most will just keep quiet about it.

I suppose there are people who have Sabattis but are not computer savy enough to tell the world know about their complaints. And I suppose their are those who are computer savy but don't give a hoot about forums. And I guess there are those who are computer savy and who are on (the) forums, but for one reason or another, did not see fit to tell of their problems, and there is nothing wrong with that.

So it possible that there COULD be a great many problem DRs from Sabatti. My point was, that of the people to post on the forums (specificly AR) there is overwhelmingly much more positive feed-back than negative.

I didn't mean to imply (and I hope nobody else did either) that anyone who bought a double rifle (specificly a Sabatti) because of its regulation target is ignorant or fool-hardy, because I got mine because of its target! And if/when I get another DR, -unless I get a custom Searcy or Heym or V.C.- , I will shop around for one with one with a nice regulation target, if possible.

It seems that not all Sabattis are gems. So what?! Not all Merkles, Blasers, Chapuis or Kreighoffs are either!

I stand to corrected, but tend to think that the comperatively "low" price of these Sabatti DRs means that folks who buy them are more likley to come forward with problems. I know I would gall me to publicly admit that I had spent $10,000 on a Merkle or Blaser or Chapuis or Kreighoff or even (GOD forbid) a Searcy, and was having severe problems with the gun and even more problems getting it fixed!

This is what I know from extensive experience with Merkel and owning 3 of their double rifles:

1. If there is ever a problem, and there are few, no question they are going to fix it and customer service is the tops.

2. I've never shot a Merkel that wasn't well regulated from the factory, test target or no test target. These guns just plain shoot good.

3. I've spoken with the Merkel folks, visited with them today (picked up a new .450/400) and they have very few problems with their double rifles, to include the .375 H&H and .416Rigbys which everyone seems to be afraid of. If fact, Herbert, their gunsmith, said all the hype about extraction/ejector problems with the belted cases are just that, hype. However, because of the demand, the .375 Flanged is on it's way, being first delivered in Europe with 10 guns currently in production.

4. Dollar for dollar, the Merkel is the best buy for a double out there.

Sabbattis have added an entry level double rifle that is pretty good for the money, but we may never know the extent of the problems or issues with these guns across the board due to the two groups involved with them (USSG & Cabelas). But to try to classify them as on the same playing field with Merkels, Chapuis's, Searcey's or Verney Carrons is absurd.

Mike

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdstewart:
quote:
Originally posted by Nemo .450:
quote:
Nemo

This is what I know from extensive experience with Merkel and owning 3 of their double rifles:

1. If there is ever a problem, and there are few, no question they are going to fix it and customer service is the tops.

2. I've never shot a Merkel that wasn't well regulated from the factory, test target or no test target. These guns just plain shoot good.

3. I've spoken with the Merkel folks, visited with them today (picked up a new .450/400) and they have very few problems with their double rifles, to include the .375 H&H and .416Rigbys which everyone seems to be afraid of. If fact, Herbert, their gunsmith, said all the hype about extraction/ejector problems with the belted cases are just that, hype. However, because of the demand, the .375 Flanged is on it's way, being first delivered in Europe with 10 guns currently in production.

4. Dollar for dollar, the Merkel is the best buy for a double out there.

Sabbattis have added an entry level double rifle that is pretty good for the money, but we may never know the extent of the problems or issues with these guns across the board due to the two groups involved with them (USSG & Cabelas). But to try to classify them as on the same playing field with Merkels, Chapuis's, Searcey's or Verney Carrons is absurd.

Mike

I am sure that Merkles are great and I believe that the problems with $10,000 DRs are rare, small, and easily fixed due to good customer service.

I didn't intend to classify Sabatti DRs with Merkle, Chapuis, Searcy, V.C. and the like.

And I will agree that you can't get a $10,000+ DR for $5,500... It might be good, but you don't get something for nothing. Roll Eyes

But let me say again that I like Sabatti. Without them and some folks could (or would) not be able to afford a double rifle in the near future.

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI

One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
Nemo-

I had JJ put on a Pachmayer in brown, because that's the brand he carries and recommends, along with the English Silvers pad, which is a bit pricey. I have a LimbSaver on my Ruger .458Lott - their stock OE pad is also a POS. I like both Pachmayer and LimbSaver and consider them both high quality pads. You can't go wrong with either.

Thanks for the info, so at this point I still tend toward the Pachmayer. If only for the reason that I have a little experience working on Libsaver pads (at Accurate Innovations), and they are rougher than a corn-con to sand and finish and Pachmayrs are great.

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI

One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
Well Folks, here's the latest...

I just got off the phone with my gunsmith. He said he had just received the "replacement" part.... they sent him the wrong part Mad

He will be out of town for a short while, so he is going to try to get the RIGHT part when he gets back. He said he didn't speak with the same RUDE person again, and that he had complained about the terrible customer service. They told him that they were aware of the problem and were going to do something about it (I think).

He told me ,concerning the first person he spoke to, (who BTW sent him the wrong part) that he had not been thus poorly treated before.

So, best case scenario, Cabelas will either give me a replacement or a refund.
Worst case scenario, Cabelas does nothing, USSG can't(won't) send us the part, so I'll just have the 1 functional ejector diconected and just have an extractor gun.

But, if all else fails, I might see if JJ Perodeau can fix the ejector(s).

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"But let me say again that I like Sabatti. Without them and some folks could (or would) not be able to afford a double rifle in the near future".

Having never seen a Sabatti in person can not comment on their quality. Only time and customer service can decide that. People often ask what should they buy for their first double rifle and often the suggestion is to purchase a Chapuis 9,3. These rifles are the gold standard in their price range and can be found new in the upper $4k range.

A Sabatti in the larger calibers does seem like a good buy but the Chapuis costs less so shooters can afford a fantastic double rifle at a price less than the larger bore Sabatti's. The smaller 9,3 kicks less, cheaper to load for, is deadly accurate, and big enough for anything in North America and most of dark continent as well.

Anyhow, hope your rifle gets fixed soon. If they ever made a lefty version for $5k I might give one a go myself if no more problems are reported and customer service improves.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
"But let me say again that I like Sabatti. Without them and some folks could (or would) not be able to afford a double rifle in the near future".

Having never seen a Sabatti in person can not comment on their quality. Only time and customer service can decide that. People often ask what should they buy for their first double rifle and often the suggestion is to purchase a Chapuis 9,3. These rifles are the gold standard in their price range and can be found new in the upper $4k range.

A Sabatti in the larger calibers does seem like a good buy but the Chapuis costs less so shooters can afford a fantastic double rifle at a price less than the larger bore Sabatti's. The smaller 9,3 kicks less, cheaper to load for, is deadly accurate, and big enough for anything in North America and most of dark continent as well.

Anyhow, hope your rifle gets fixed soon. If they ever made a lefty version for $5k I might give one a go myself if no more problems are reported and customer service improves.

True Sir, very true... speaking for myself I didn't know if I would (or could) ever get another double rifle, so I got one that could, with my .375 bolt-action, handle anything I might ever hunt. That was the main reason I didn't get a Chapuis 9,3x74R, I couldn't hunt Elephant or hippo and could barely hunt buffalo.

Of course I realize the benefits of the 9,3x74R, minimal meat damage on whitetail deer, fine for bear of all sorts, good for all maner of comman game in Africa, leagal minimum for buffalo in some areas and OK for Lion I guess. Confused

Still, everything you say is spot on, and I would say the same thing if someone were to ask what I would recomend for a first double rifle.

And thanks for the well wishes, I will let y'all know what is going on when I hear anything. popcorn

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nemo .450

Thanks for the info, so at this point I still tend toward the Pachmayer. If only for the reason that I have a little experience working on Libsaver pads (at Accurate Innovations), and they are rougher than a corn-con to sand and finish and Pachmayrs are great.

Yes, Limbsavers are very soft. Here is a suggestion to help.

Stick the Limbsavers in the Freezer for 20 - 40 minutes to harden the rubber up a bit before you try to sand them and use some good liquid when doing it. You can get them dead smooth.

Hope that helps.

One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nemo .450

Yes, Limbsavers are very soft. Here is a suggestion to help.

Stick the Limbsavers in the Freezer for 20 - 40 minutes to harden the rubber up a bit before you try to sand them and use some good liquid when doing it. You can get them dead smooth.

Hope that helps.

Brilliant idea! I don't know if that will be feasable for my freinds at Accurate Innovations, but I think that is a great idea, thanks! clap

BTW 500N, what pad do you perfer?

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I used Old English until I needed one on a 500, then a mate put me onto Limbsavers.

To be honest, I can't really comment as I haven't used many or any Pacmyr's although I hear a lot of people / shotgunners like and use them.

One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
So what color and thickness of Pachmayer pads do poeple like?

I understand that the "red" pads are traditional and black pads look sharp, so how do brown pads look?

Any pics of your Sabatti, LionHunter?

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI

One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and am happy to say that my wife bought me a Sabatti 45-70 for me birthday last month.

I shot a box a leverevolution bullets through it and have had no problems yet. (I was shooting at a stick off-hand at around 50 yards) I haven't put it to paper, but don't think that I'll have any problems with it.

I'm currently tdy to korea and will have to wait until I get home in a couple of weeks to put it on paper and try some different loads.

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by touchdown88:
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and am happy to say that my wife bought me a Sabatti 45-70 for me birthday last month.

I shot a box a leverevolution bullets through it and have had no problems yet. (I was shooting at a stick off-hand at around 50 yards) I haven't put it to paper, but don't think that I'll have any problems with it.

I'm currently tdy to korea and will have to wait until I get home in a couple of weeks to put it on paper and try some different loads.

Can I borrow your wife until my next birthday? Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by touchdown88:

Congrats on geting a Sabatti, MOST of them are well made and are good guns for the money.

And welcome to the Highly Unofficial Sabatti Double Rifle Owners Club! beer

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi guys. I'm new to this forum, and I hope to join the DRSS soon. I have one question and one comment stemming from this thread:

1. With regard to recoil pads, I too am amazed that a good company like Ruger (and others I'm sure) chooses to put such a crappy recoil pad on a heavy kicker such as their Model 77 MKII Magnum in .375 H&H and .416 Rigby (I have one of each and would like to round out the "set" with a .458 Lott). It might as well have a steel buttplate! I know they want to keep costs down, but how much more would it add to the cost, really? You're already paying $2,000+, and I'd just as soon pay a few extra bucks for a quality pad than have to go out and buy a new one after and pay to have it installed. Speaking of quality pads, I've always used Pachmyr and some Kick-Eze, and I had a gunsmith tell me once that he's seen the gills in Limbsavers dry out and go hard over time. Don't know that first-hand, though.

2. My question pertains to regulating, and perhaps it's a dumb one...why do the barrels need to be regulated in order to cross over at all? Why can't both barrels be regulated to each shoot straight, or is that not possible given the fact that each barrel and the sights are on slightly different planes?

Posts: 82 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 06 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR and to the world of DRs.

2. Barrels should NOT cross. Myth perpetrated by ignorant on DR gunwriters.

1. Having given the issue of POS recoil pads on heavy rifles, I have concluded that it is often a matter of simplicity and, again, a lack of knowledge. Since the mfgr has a basic recoil pad in stock which works well and without complaint on their small and medium bore rifles, they simply use the same on their large bores. And remember that the cost of the "improved" recoil pad must include stocking, purchasing and a new drill pattern for them.

However, I would gladly pay whatever the extra costs are for a better pad as OE.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
Well Folks,

I got my Sabatti back from my gunsmith, he has been holding my gun while waiting for the "replacement" part that they never sent him (well they sent him the wrong part). He will be out of town for a while and will try to order the right part when he gets back. He figured I had better hold the gun while I wait to see if we can get satisfaction from jorge's connection with Cabelas.

When I spoke to him, he told me further what USSG had told him.

He said that he called to complain about reciving the wrong part, and had requested to speak with the president of USSG or whoever was in charge, not only to complain about the wrong part but to complain about the infamous manner in which he was dealt with.

I don't think he ever got to talk with one of the big-wigs, but the fella he spoke with told him that USSG had brought him (and others) to deal with the public, while USSG reorganized their customer service (or something very like that).

He told my gunsmith that they weren't (fully) computerized. He said that if you were to him (them) a gun to have "fixed", and call later to check on progress, he (they) could not tell you its status, he (they) could tell you what "department" it was in, but not any more.

He also told my gunsmith that, (because) they imported a great number of firearms, they didn't have all the (replacement) parts for the Sabatti double rifles.

So boys, this is the latest, will post any further "developments".

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I just put our young Mr. Nemo in contact with the right people at Cabelas for resolution and he'll report back to us hopefully with good news. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
I called Cabelas at approx. 2:00 our time. Spoke with the fella I ordered my gun through, Rick. Ryan (the Gun Room Manager) was not in, but I was told he would be later. If he was he never once answered my approx. 10 phone calls, last of which was a few minuets ago (I left 2 messages). I'll try again tomarrow and post the results.

Thanks again jorge for all your efforts!

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
If he doesn't call you back by COB tomorrow, call the name of the gent I gave you at the Sydney Corporate Offices or let me know and I'll call him. After that, it's Dick Cabelas. This is horseshit. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
I'm going to mount another assault upon Cabelas Glendale AZ. tomorrow. knife

In point of fact I called them one last time just a minute ago, and I was told Mr. Ryan was off today... Mad

If I don't get satisfaction tomorrow, we will go higher up on the totem-pole.

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI

One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
Well folks,
I've been in touch with Cabelas (Glendale, AZ.), couln't speak with the Gun Room manager (Ryan) but spoke with Rick, the fella I first ordered my gun through.

He has spoke the guy at the Sydney Corporate Offices, and we're working on getting a replacement of my own choice.
dancing

He is currently working on getting everything finalized and will give me a holler when he gets all of his ducks in a row.

And I will post when I hear back from him.

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI