THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Holland & Holland Range Rover
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holland & Holland Range Rover
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted
For you guys who have extra money, be sure and check out the Holland & Holland Range Rover. Just the thing for Mac, Biebs, and Jeffeosso!

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/0...un-and-booze-haulin/

God, it must be nice to be rich tu2

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave, I owned an English car once....that was enough!

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PS: Do British double rifles leak oil????

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i had a tr8 that i put a buick 3.8L turbo in .. does that count? I did put in a negative ground wiring harness!

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39679 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jcchartboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, the liquor itself is "self-replenishing," meaning that for the first year of ownership, Holland & Holland Rangie owners will have the vehicle's booze supply refilled automatically.

beer

JC

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
i had a tr8 that i put a buick 3.8L turbo in .. does that count? I did put in a negative ground wiring harness!

An interesting fact is that the Range Rover V8's are based on an aluminum Buick V8 that they bought the design and rights for.

And its a great engine.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JPK:
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:

An interesting fact is that the Range Rover V8's are based on an aluminum Buick V8 that they bought the design and rights for.

And its a great engine.

JPK

Old OHV models yes. New ones are BMW powered.

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jcchartboy:
quote:
Well, the liquor itself is "self-replenishing," meaning that for the first year of ownership, Holland & Holland Rangie owners will have the vehicle's booze supply refilled automatically.

beer

JC

With automatic liquor replenishment and a price of only £120K, they'd lose money on me! Heck, if unlimited cigars, also, say Partagas Series D 4 25's were included, I'd spring for one.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7697 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine sent me this in an email a week or two ago, and when I called him about the overall shabang he just laughed real proudly. I asked what was so dang funny and he said "If Chevy made something like that I might consider it."

He then reminded that I am so poor that I can't even afford to day dream about something like that. Yet, I still bought the first round last night.

To those of you who can afford such a thing: buy it, forget insurance on it, cause by the time you get it back to barn from the south 40 woods on the other side the creek, it SHOULD no have a mentionable resale value. Drive it like Tuff Hedeman did for Bodacious,

A school teacher with champagne tastes, and a beer pocket book.

Posts: 46 | Location: South GA | Registered: 28 August 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Even more interesting...
the buick v8, , was sold to rover, which the 3.0 and later 4.0 engines, including the tr8, are based off from. handily enough, since I knew that going in, mounting the motor was very easy, as well as the trans (just a little hammer/port-a-power work) ...

all said and done, it was about 12:1 weight to HP .. and scary to drive, from time to time .. replacing the wiring harness was the best deceision i had made!

earned all the money to make by either cutting grass, running my grass cutting company, and painting houses .. at the ripe old age of 17

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39679 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Jeff:

I don't care about the motor. You roll up to this springs hoot and shoot in this and you will be da man!. This is American though. It needs some kick ass spinner wheels Wink

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And a Blaser S2 gunrack!

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
And a Blaser S2 gunrack!

Of course! You have to have at least one quality firearm in there tu2

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
at least one quality firearm in there

Oh! You mean a California Rigby?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Surely anything but a Blaser...... jumping

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pure class. tu2

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Rich rednecks!!!! rotflmo

What... dixie cups are not good enough?

Where is the chew dispenser?

Is there a spit cup?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
quote:
at least one quality firearm in there

Oh! You mean a California Rigby ?
Peter.

LOL

At least one quality quality firearm firearm in there - not the stress on "quality", and that doesn't mean California Rigby Big Grin

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I assume that the gun racks are set up to only handle side-by-side doubles and not American trash over-and-unders? Such little touches are important to the truly discerning!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote