THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Geoff Miller of California Rigby under FBI investigation.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Geoff Miller of California Rigby under FBI investigation.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brett, thanks...I hope you found your answer. The "Lemco Lion" is second to none, but they aren't cheap and are spoken for pretty far in advance. Enjoyed talking with you. Regards, C

Posts: 265 | Location: central california | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As this is specifically about the rifles themselves, I think it is a good idea to continue this discussion. Before I go on I want to clarify my main point. The Cal. Rigby's are not what the company advertises. That is my opinion. Take it or leave it.
MacD37,
I reckon that both of us are correct in some of this and wrong on some of these issues.
I'm no Merkel expert. This is just what I've read and seen for myself.
Merkel is an old company and has been making double rifles and shotguns long before I was born. After the 'Wall' came down they re-designed their product line and up-graded their factory. IMO they did this in a very clever way in their newest version of their SxS. The action body is cast using modern alloy steel. This makes for a very strong action. The size of the lower part of the action, including the bar, is the same on all of their actions. They change the size of the standing breech area of the action to accommodate the gauge. Doing this allows them to use all of the same parts to complete the action regardless of gauge or caliber. IE. the cocking bars on a 20 ga. are the same as those used on a 12.

quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommyhawk:
There is a reason for the 'rumor' that Rigby's uses Merkle shotguns to build their rifles. It's because it's true! I quote from the Nov/Dec '09 issue of SCI magazine. Page 153. Helsley writes..."It's German,for God's sake. And, it's a shotgun action." Do you think Helsley made this up out of the blue? They also use shotgun barrels as mono-blocs as was clearly pointed out in the "John Rigby re-opening for business" thread by 400NE.

Macs reply: "What I think is,YES! I think it is "made up" but I'm sure Helsley thinks that it is true,as you seemingly do as well, but my information says otherwise!"

***If they are rifle actions, then why did they not make any rifles on this action until several yrs. AFTER Rigby started using them to build double rifles? Remember when the new Merkel SxS double rifles first came out? Why did the Merkels shoot 'off the face' after just a couple of boxes if they were originally designed as rifles? They have corrected that problem now.

quote:
and they use a rifle type bolster on the side of the bar to strengthen the juncture between the bar and the standing breech because the side walls are thin. These ARE shotgun actions.

Macs reply: " The bolsters are on all side-by-side Merkel actions, and has been since, I suspect long before you were born. The actions are almost exact copies of the Anson & Deeley actions of England, but made from stronger steel than most of the older action from the UK. "

***I noticed that you didn't say anything about how thin the walls are in comparison to your Westley Richards rifle action.

quote:
They are castings. And, they are strong. They are Not rifle actions. A bit of research shows that Miller/Rigby's use of these shotguns for rifles pre-dates Merkle using the same frame for double rifles.

Macs reply: "........ and that frame is the 20ga size action. A 12 ga size action is not needed till you get to the 577NE. The 20 ga size is fine for up to 500NE. "

***I agree with you about the frame sizes. BUT, Mr. Miller seems to disagree. It seems that he uses mostly 12 ga. for .470 class rifles.

MacD37: " Sir in today's case, the big difference between the shotgun action and rifle action is the heat treating of the steel. This is not the case with Merkel, however.Merkel actions are treated for pressures much higher than any shotgun would require. "

***I find this first sentence a bit illogical. The biggest difference between rifle actions and shotgun actions is size and weight. Not heat treating. Shotguns have light weight barrels. So, the actions are also made light. That way they will balance and handle well. Rifle actions are made heavy so they can handle the higher cartridge pressure, AND for balance, AND for recoil. When you convert shotguns to rifles they don't balance and handle well. They are very muzzle heavy. This is why I have stated that IMO Rigby doubles handle like a cement truck! Sorry, didn't mean to disparage cement trucks. Using the 20 ga. frame as Merkel does helps to mitigate some of it.

quote:
You sir, seem to be a knowledgeable fellow. I've read quite a number of your posts. This only shows how many in the public have been misled.

Macs reply: " I'm sorry you feel that way, and if I have misled anyone it was not intentional, I assure you. I can tell you for sure if your post above is the be totally taken as fact in all respects it is a real toss-up as to which, of us, is the leading them down the yellow brick road here!"

***Sorry. It didn't come out the way I meant it.

MacD37: " I'm not saying that I never make mistakes, I do, but unlike some here I don't claim to be an expert on anything, and infallible. I can guarantee you, if Miller had been chopping off shotgun barrels, and screwing in rifle barrels I would have heard from someplace more reliable that MAGAZINE! Some of the crap you read in magazines, regarding double rifles, is almost funny it is so ill-conceived.
"

***As I said in my last post...Go back and read the post under "John Rigby re-opening for business" Look on the last page (9) for the post by 400 NE. He explains to anyone who cares to read it that Miller IS chopping off shotgun barrels and sleeving them to rifles...and proves it! In this case from a 20 ga. Look at the picture closely. You will see a line across the left barrel at the front of the barrel flat. That is where the shoulder of the rifle barrel stops against the mono-block made out of the shotgun barrel set. Look at the breech end of that same barrel. See a circular line in the middle of outside barrel wall? That is the joint between the original shotgun barrel on the outside and the new rifle barrel on the inside.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
***As I said in my last post...Go back and read the post under "John Rigby re-opening for business" Look on the last page (9) for the post by 400 NE. He explains to anyone who cares to read it that Miller IS chopping off shotgun barrels and sleeving them to rifles...and proves it! In this case from a 20 ga. Look at the picture closely. You will see a line across the left barrel at the front of the barrel flat. That is where the shoulder of the rifle barrel stops against the mono-block made out of the shotgun barrel set. Look at the breech end of that same barrel. See a circular line in the middle of outside barrel wall? That is the joint between the original shotgun barrel on the outside and the new rifle barrel on the inside.

Nobody said the Cal Rigby is not a Mono-block barrel set, but the mono-block is not made from
shotgun barrels. The seam around the barrels only means the barrels set is a mono-block set, nothing more.
The actions are bought from Merkel, and mono'blocks are made in house in Cal. It is simply silly to think Miller is going to pay $9K for a Merkel double barrel shotgun and chop the barrels off to make the mono-block, when he can buy the action complete in the white for less than $1500. The Mono-block is made in house from a solid piece of steel on CNC machines, and hand fitted to the merkel action. There is no question the actions are Merkel, but the Mono-block,are California made, and the barrels are Pac-nor.

I don't think this conversation needs to go fartehr, because we have hit a dam in the stream that seems to be higher than we can protage! I suppose we will simply have to agree to disagree!

...............Good hunting! wave

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nobody said the Cal Rigby is not a Mono-block barrel set, but the mono-block is not made from
shotgun barrels. The seam around the barrels only means the barrels set is a mono-block set, nothing more.
The actions are bought from Merkel, and mono'blocks are made in house in Cal. It is simply silly to think Miller is going to pay $9K for a Merkel double barrel shotgun and chop the barrels off to make the mono-block, when he can buy the action complete in the white for less than $1500. The Mono-block is made in house from a solid piece of steel on CNC machines, and hand fitted to the merkel action. There is no question the actions are Merkel, but the Mono-block,are California made, and the barrels are Pac-nor.

I don't think this conversation needs to go fartehr, because we have hit a dam in the stream that seems to be higher than we can protage! I suppose we will simply have to agree to disagree!

...............Good hunting! wave

*** Do you think that Rigby sends it's rifles to Germany for Proofing? If not, then please explain to us how those German Proof marks got onto the barrel flats of a .500 NE Calif. Rigby. Just because someone owns a CNC doesn't mean they use it. I just looked to see what a Merkel boxlock, 20 ga., ejector shotgun sells for. Cabelas has one listed at $3000. retail. Rigby's would buy at wholesale and get the barrels and forend with the ejector mechanism. Not just the action. Everything would be fitted and functional. A small price to pay for parts on a $35,000. double rifle.
I am often surprised by people's inability or unwillingness to see the truth when it is staring them in the face!!! Maybe it's just like Boddington's unwillingness to answer whether or not Miller told him he was in the Marines. They are embarrassed at having been hood-winked.

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Craig is such a gentleman...

Rich

Craig is indeed a great guy. I was a pain in the ass and asked him to sign five books for me that I carried from Florida to Reno. He was very nice to my two young kids as well. Now if I could just afford that damn Spiral Horns book...

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
*** Do you think that Rigby sends it's rifles to Germany for Proofing? If not, then please explain to us how those German Proof marks got onto the barrel flats of a .500 NE Calif. Rigby. Just because someone owns a CNC doesn't mean they use it. I just looked to see what a Merkel boxlock, 20 ga., ejector shotgun sells for. Cabelas has one listed at $3000. retail. Rigby's would buy at wholesale and get the barrels and forend with the ejector mechanism. Not just the action. Everything would be fitted and functional. A small price to pay for parts on a $35,000. double rifle.
I am often surprised by people's inability or unwillingness to see the truth when it is staring them in the face!!! Maybe it's just like Boddington's unwillingness to answer whether or not Miller told him he was in the Marines. They are embarrassed at having been hood-winked.

Tommyhawk, I find I must appologise to you as I have been informed by someone I trust without reservation that there were indeed some cheaper grade 20 ga Merkel shotguns chopped and made into mono-blocks. I have no idea how long this was done, or if it is still being done, so in a couple words, "I must eat a meal of crow!"

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mac:

He's right on this one. The barrels are not mono-bloc. They're shoe-lump shotgun barrels that have been cut off and sleeved with rifle barrels.

The proof is hidden in plain sight. The original Suhl shotgun proofs appear on the barrel flats as well as the water table. That means that this piece started as a proven Merkel shotgun barreled action in the white, not just a Merkel action. This is true for two reasons. First, if the action only were sourced from Suhl, there would be no Suhl proof marks ANYWHERE, as only guns (barreled actions as a minimum) can be proven. Actions or barrels alone cannot be proven. Second, were the original barrels discarded and were this a "mono-bloc" made in California, there would be no Suhl proof house marks on the flats, but remnants of the origial Suhl marks survive there. These barrels are sleeved on the rump of the original shoe-lump barrels, and are not mono-bloc.
-----------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MacD37,
No need for indigestion on my account. I am humbled. Not only are you a knowledgeable feller,but one of integrity.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It seems that I was quite mistaken about Col. Boddington. I thought he would distance himself a bit from Mr. Miller/Kalif. Rigby after the 'Stolen Valor' issue. I was thumbing through Shooting Times' special mag. titled ".50 cal Rifles" when I saw the article by Boddington about .500's used for hunting in Africa. In it he has pics of a Rigby double and a target shot by a .500 Jeff built by KA Rigby's complete with glowing captions. I was so disgusted that I couldn't buy the mag.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Do you think he might have submitted the article before all this went down?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rigby's would buy at wholesale and get the barrels and forend with the ejector mechanism. Not just the action.

In fact being a Brit and thus living in "Yurrup" it is legally impossible to prove (Proof Test) (and thus get the proof marks stamped on it) an action without a set of barrels.

Why? Because a proof mark can only legally be put on a weapon that has been tested by having a cartridge, or cartridges, fired through it.

Now, in theory, Merkel could have a slave set of barrels that get put onto a series of actions that are then proof tested and those slave barrels taken away.

As has to happen with say a series of spare Colt 1911 barrels that are fired in a slave Colt 1911 frame and receiver but I doubt it.

As others say these are "cut and sleeve" jobs.

Nothing wrong with a "reverse" monobloc (which is what this "cut and sleeve" system is) as it is how Beretta make most if not all their O/U shot guns and how respected French firms like Manufrance always produced their S/B/S guns.

But, and this is the big "but", long term I do not think that a conventional shot gun action, irrelevant of the barrel issue, designed for shot gun pressures will stand up to the stress and strain of rifle pressure cartridges.

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Any picture of the shotgun proofmarks on California Rigby rifles?

Thanks
Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enfieldspares:

As others say these are "cut and sleeve" jobs.

Nothing wrong with a "reverse" monobloc (which is what this "cut and sleeve" system is) as it is how Beretta make most if not all their O/U shot guns and how respected French firms like Manufrance always produced their S/B/S guns.

You cannot really call this a monobloc or a reverse monobloc.
A monobloc is one piece.
When you cut Merkel shotgun barrels off just forward of the lumps, you don't end up with a monobloc.
The Merkels are I believe a shoe lump system, meaning that the lumps are brazed to the barrels.
When you cut the barrels off, your "monobloc" is two pieces not one. It has the remnants of the barrels plus the brazed on lumps, so it is not a true monobloc.

Posts: 232 | Location: Queensland Australia | Registered: 04 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
When you cut Merkel shotgun barrels off just forward of the lumps, you don't end up with a monobloc.
The Merkels are I believe a shoe lump system, meaning that the lumps are brazed to the barrels.
When you cut the barrels off, your "monobloc" is two pieces not one.

OK. Understood. I had assumed that the Merkel guns were built on a monobloc or on a chopper lump.

BTW I hope these three drawings help others understand the different lumps.

I would be worried that over time if it was not a true monobloc - or chopper lump breech - that the lump would certainly, under rifle cartridge forces, become loose on the tubes.

This "shoe lump" is certainly new to me - despite the drawings below being from Burrard - as here in UK all I have ever seen on English guns is chopper or dovetail lump.

CHOPPER LUMP

DOVETAIL LUMP

SHOE LUMP

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Martin Godio:
Hi,
Any picture of the shotgun proofmarks on California Rigby rifles?

Thanks
Martin

See the thread 'John Rigby re-opening for business' Look on page 9 of that thread. See the post by 400 NE.
http://forums.accuratereloadin...804/m/6741051411/p/9

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post

Two 470 NE Chopper Lump barrels in the hands of David McKay Brown, Glasgow Scotland, prior to joining.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Enfield and Rusty, thanks very much for the info!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If David McKay Brown has so much as touched a firearm, you'll not improve upon it. Maybe the only maker anywhere whose work routinely exceeds the enormous expectations his name and reputation create.

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend out in LA tells me that the Cal. Rigby operation is no more. He didn't know if they had gone out of business or been sold. I checked their web-site and it is down.
Any of you hear anything?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
heck with that, is the cocksucker in prison?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A dealer in New York told a friend of mine both have been told to cease production by court order due to litigation over trademark and business infringement cases pending. Who knows what the actual truth is at this point, but what a f'n mess!

Posts: 108 | Location: USA, Surrey, Loire France  | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Re Geoff Miller of John Rigby & Co. California.

An excerpt from Mr. Miller's letter to the editor in the December 2010 Guns & Ammo magazine:

"I think it is safe to say that I have more experience with the .300 H&H than anyone. I have burned out dozens of barrels and fired about 300,000 rounds of .300 H&H over the last 55 years. In addition, my company has made a great number of rifles in that caliber..."

Interesting statements.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
quote:
An excerpt from Mr. Miller's letter to the editor in the December 2010 Guns & Ammo magazine:

"I think it is safe to say that I have more experience with the .300 H&H than anyone. I have burned out dozens of barrels and fired about 300,000 rounds of .300 H&H over the last 55 years. In addition, my company has made a great number of rifles in that caliber..."

Interesting statements.

i agree, that would be 15 rounds a day, every day for 55 years.

i am sure that any american court order would be invalid in england and the EC.
that said i dont know what is going on over there either.

best

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Col. Boddington I wish they would have given you the star you should have gotten but I would rather refer to you as President Boddinton.

Posts: 149 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 02 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Max Trauma,

Welcome to AR, but be advised that groveling and supplication are viewed with disdain on this sight, even when CB is the recipient of same. dancing

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
Max Trauma,

Welcome to AR, but be advised that groveling and supplication are viewed with disdain on this sight, even when CB is the recipient of same. dancing

Oh, I'd grovel and supplicate my ownself to get the chance to share a campfire with Craig and the other good members of this forum!

I do Grovel well! Just ask my wife! Big Grin

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Craig would be a much better pres than the SOB that's holding that office now! But, he's too nice a guy to be a politician.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Careful!!! We don't want this to degenerate into a political post. The monitor will have the last word. BTW, CB is a really great guy and would gladly share a campfire - no groveling required. Besides, as a retired Marine officer, why should he step down in class to become POTUS?
jumping

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe because we NEED him as POTUS? Marines don't shirk a job just because it's Dirty or Beneath them, after all.

Posts: 225 | Location: East Kentucky | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What, you guys don't think that your heroine Sarah Palin, that great genius of the North should be the next POTUS. How fickle you guys are!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who better than CB. The republicans do not have much in the way of a good candidate. Sarah P. is not intelligent enough to run a country.

Posts: 149 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 02 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
This isn't the political area.. This is for DR's and their discussion.
Let's not lessen that.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Frederick:
So far in this arguement we have a "Mintyman" and a "Celticman". next, no doubt, their cousin Batman will turn up. Roll Eyes

How about a BigUglyMan? Except I'm on the side telling Mintyman to STFU!

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote