THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Geoff Miller of California Rigby under FBI investigation.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Geoff Miller of California Rigby under FBI investigation.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TerryR:
I find this thread rather sleazy and disgusting, Mintyman, you obviously have a personal beef with Geoff Miller and are attempting to strong arm others into condemning him so that you can hide behind their reputations. This is nothing less than cowardly. Grow a set of balls, post your real name and put forward your agenda. Otherwise shut up.

TerryR

+1 from me Unless you state your true agenda and identity you and this thread belong in the "WHO GIVES A SHIT FILE"

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TerryR:
, you obviously have a personal beef with Geoff Miller and are attempting to strong arm others into condemning him so that you can hide behind their reputations.

This says it all.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2685 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What TerryR says, plus one more!
Get a life, grow some testicles and own up to your agenda.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
I find this to be something personal and not belonging on this forum. Never serving in the armed forces it is not my place to personally enter into this type of discussion however my father served in WWII in combat in the Phillipines and I knew others of his generation that were combat veterans as well.
I never recall in 50 years that they discussed their herorics or even subtle details of that experience. I believe most would have liked to forget about it much less discuss it.

EZ

Exactly! I find that the guys who spout off about thier exploits, especially if they erned a high medal of valor, in war were most times never there at all.

I had a personal message over three years ago to ask if I knew Miller, and to tell me that he could find no listing of him winning a Navy Cross as he claimed! I found no listing of him either.

I really can't fathom why this guy wants to inject Craig into this, there is no mystery about Boddington's service. The little I know of Craig, he wouldn't be one to pry into Millers history. Thier conection was with a double rifle business, and what seemed to be a Simper FI brotherhood. I simply do not see craig questioning Miller about the reason for his claimed citation, and service. Craig strikes me as someone who attends to his own business, and assumes others do the same! I could be wrong but that has always been my opinion of Boddington.

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
bear no personal animosity toward you, I would very much like to believe that somebody that spent the length of time you did in the military would not be party to this deception. If I wished to further implicate you personally I would have posted other documents in my possession. I chose not to do so, because I believe that the statements made about you may not be true.

So which is it Money Man? You have no personal animosity, yet you claim to have documents that would impicate him? Oh, please!

bsflag

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
I read the DGJ articles Mr. Minty mentioned in his first post when they first came out.

It was clear then that someone was bragging about their service and it was BS. I know a few (few!) decorated veteran and active duty Marines and they don't brag about it. You'd never even guess they were decorated. I saw a major get pinned with a medal with V on it a few months ago in Quantico and he couldn't wait to get back to work and was embarrassed that there was a minor (10 minute) ceremony for him. The commendation that was read by the Colonel was a tear jerker and he's ready to get back to his desk!

The root cause of some of this "controversy" is that some people rely on magazines like DGJ for accuracy and factual information vs. pimping a business or for entertainment value. I LOVED DGJ when I had drillings and was "into it" but I knew it was lifestyle magazine evoking emotion and promoting certain businesses, not a technical journal.

Gun makers, gun writers, guides, 'smiths, PHs and the rest of us are just normal human beings. If you look up to anyone as a hero you're going to get disappointed some day. Let Miller deal with his own problems.

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mt Al, I think that is the best post on this thread.

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Posts: 810 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would make two comments on this sorry situation, as an impartial outsider:

First: It passes understanding and defies credibility that Mr. Miller was NEVER a Marine, was NOT awarded the Navy Cross, lived under the same roof for some period of time with Mr. Boddington, yet was able to convince this Colonel and long-service Marine, that he HAD done these things. Something is “Rotten In Denmark”.

Second: How can a gun writer who has a financial investment in a gun maker, and who has at least one relative who also has an investment in said gun maker, write an un-biased review of that maker’s product? Unfortunately, such is the norm among gun writers, as another scribe alluded to above. I have personal knowledge of a well-known gun writer who received a bespoke double rifle from a Spanish maker of the upper echelon , free and clear, while writing glowing reviews of that maker’s products for years in both his books and his magazine articles. My good friend, who is national sales manager for a large US company, refers to such persons, half “tongue-in-cheek”, as “Whores in the marketplace”, a fitting sobriquet IMHO.

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Are you Ms. Mintyman's cousin or just the Oshawa village idiot, as ISS suggests on the Big Bore forum?

I ask because you, like Ms. Mintyman, have posted the same exact comments on both the Big Bores and this forum. If you cannot formulate a similar response using different language, then you must be terribly impressed with your own prose or are schilling for someone.

You know not of what you speak. But this is the internet and few restrictions and no intelligence is required.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My grandson who is in the US Army made me aware of a website called reportstolenvalor.org (sorry,don't know how to post a link). FYI.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
7kongoni, just write out the whole web site like this.....

http://www.reportstolenvalor.org/

Now anyone can click on it and it will tale em there. Interesting web site. I find these liars and frauds to be a mixture of pathetic attention seeking to low rend fraudsters and identity thieves.

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe most would have liked to forget about it much less discuss it.

Very true. My grandfather was a B17 copilot in Europe. He flew 25 missions over Germany. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to think of the consequences of 25 bomb loads being droped around Germany (many civilian targets factories and plants). Consequently I think it was very hard for him to talk about it.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff all, but not much about double rifles. Again, this is a personal matter between Miller and Mintyman, so I've said what I have to say. It galls me to respond to attacks made by cowards who hide behind screen names.

To Ron Vella, despite the name-calling, I'll gladly respond to you, since you have the balls to use your real name (or at least that is how it appears). A couple years before his death my Dad became an investor in Rigby. This was uncharacteristic of him, but he didn't ask for my advice or consent (nor did he need to). After 9/11, when gun biz was real slow, I made what was supposed to be a short-term loan. Dad's loan was long since repaid to my mother. My own hasn't turned out to be so short, but progress has been made and I remain hopeful. Since making that loan I have written no features about Rigby, although I have mentioned Rigby and many of Rigby's competitors in many contexts.

Interestingly, the writer who has the dispute with Mr. Miller (who may or may not be Mintyman) has written glowingly about Rigby within the last year. I have not.

But perhaps we can actually finish up this dumb thread by talking about double rifles: I have exactly one Rigby, a very plain boxlock .450 finished in 2006. I paid for it. Further questions?
Cheers, Craig

Posts: 265 | Location: central california | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Lets close the curtains on this one and get on with AR gun business! What say ye?

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Further questions?

Craig,

Yes, but only one. What drink should we have waiting for you at the AR SCI social? Big Grin I look forward to meeting you.

beer

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Craig said, plus two!

I already made the offer, his first beverage of choice is on me!
Friday 3:30 at the Giraffe Bar. Those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting the Colonel are in for a rare treat.

Rich
friend of Craig

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
" I paid for it. Further questions?
Cheers, Craig"

Thank you for the invitation Mr. Boddington, just a simple one.

Did Geoff Miller tell you he was a former Marine, or was his deception your idea as he claims ?

I am sorry if that further "Galls" you but you have now written here twice and avoided answering the simple question on both occasions.

I am not the writer to whom you allude. In your position you must know how many people Miller has ripped off and lies to over the last decade or so, including yourself it appears. That "Writer" is only one of the many.

PS Ask Geoff what he said elsewhere in that trial, before you get all self righteous with me again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Colonel Boddington,
I appreciate your forthrightness and I agree with Mac. I'll close by saying that I AM Ron Vella, I DO live in the city of Oshawa, in the province of Ontario, in the country of Canada. Anyone who cares to do a 411 search could find my street address and telephone number in a matter of a minute.I have never felt a need to conceal my identity by using a "handle" or by giving some vague location like "Idaho". Those who choose to do so are certainly free to do that. There are a number of members here who have been in my home or who regularly stop to chat with me at my table at various gun shows, and could verify the above. Had you and I been in the same room, I would have looked you straight in the eye and said exactly what I said above. I am who I am, no BS and no political correctness! It's unfortunate that "Mintyman" was not cut from the same cloth!

GOOD HUNTING AND SHOOT STRAIGHT!!!

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
actually, no one here really cares who you are; or where you live. If you are someone of importance in the hunting world like Col. Craig Boddington it does. Butch Searcy or JJ, yes. A regular poster, not likely. No more so, than I am.

What is noteworthy, is the subject and subject matter of your posts and the position you assume. If you make a post regarding the character of someone like the Colonel, then you need to verify your credentials to do so. If you have so little regard for yourself as to not even capitalize your own name, you cannot expect anyone else to have any either.

You may be a fine person, of substance; but you cannot criticize some one else who has, in many ways, for four decades, without some standing in the community. In most people's estimation, Craig Boddington is the new voice of Africa and African Safaris. He has been for over thirty years and some seventy-odd Safaris.

Try not to look so ill-informed and ignorant in the future.

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is my final word to Mintyman: Look me in the eye at SCI, not while hiding behind your computer screen, and I will tell you the truth as I know it. This is personal, and if in fact I was lied to my problem is strictly between me and the person who lied to me. This forum is not the place for it. I have never knowingly lied to my readers, but like all journalists I have made mistakes based on incorrect information. As I said much earlier in this dumb thread, what I wrote 14 years ago was what I believed to be true. Right now I'm not sure what the truth is, and I will say no more until I am certain. Meantime, go get a life.

Posts: 265 | Location: central california | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Colonel Boddington: Thank you for checking in, and thank you very much for your military service.

To go back to double guns, and since you invited further questions, I have one:

In one of the recent articles about Rigby, Steve Helsley mentioned a test conducted by California Rigby. This may just have been fiction by the writer or by Geoff Miller, but if it actually happened, you might know more about this. As stated in the article, they blew up around 25 shotguns in order to determine the strongest action.
Do you have any more information on these tests and would you be willing to share some of the results? Has there been an article published about this in any publication?
If these tests where conducted, I think it would be very interesting for most of us to learn more about it. For example, what guns where used and how did the individual guns perform under severe stress? I certainly would understand it if brand names could not be made public, but I'm interested in learning how the individual types of actions performed.
Thank you for your time.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Meantime, go get a life.

thumb

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics...

Even if you win, you are still a retard.

Mintyman...welcome to the club.....

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I AM SPECIAL!!

quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craig boddington:
But perhaps we can actually finish up this dumb thread by talking about double rifles: I have exactly one Rigby, a very plain boxlock .450 finished in 2006. I paid for it. Further questions?
Cheers, Craig

thumb clap G-

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:

You are member? sofa Big Grin,
I think You owe a apologize to those "Special habilities people"
by comparing then, with this guy ... animal
Maybe no political correct but funny, please no re-fellings,just kidding...Regards Guille

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So far in this arguement we have a "Mintyman" and a "Celticman". next, no doubt, their cousin Batman will turn up. Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
yuck

jumping

That got a hardy gut laugh!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mintyman:
" I paid for it. Further questions?
Cheers, Craig"

Thank you for the invitation Mr. Boddington, just a simple one.

Did Geoff Miller tell you he was a former Marine, or was his deception your idea as he claims ?

I am sorry if that further "Galls" you but you have now written here twice and avoided answering the simple question on both occasions.

I am not the writer to whom you allude. In your position you must know how many people Miller has ripped off and lies to over the last decade or so, including yourself it appears. That "Writer" is only one of the many.

PS Ask Geoff what he said elsewhere in that trial, before you get all self righteous with me again.

Hi Mintyman, I'm John, who may I ask are you? bewildered

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I seem to see this a bit differently than many here. I see this as Mr. Miller/Rigby CA versus the buying public. And, Miller vs Boddington.
In Miller vs The public, I see this "Stolen Valor" issue as just another in a long line of deception by Miller. It seems that Mr. Miller has gotten away with this deception for so long because it has not been made public. Mr. Miller made the posted comments in court almost 3 yrs. ago and even though they are 'public record' the "public" has not been made aware of them. If I were Col. Boddington, I would get a COMPLETE transcript of what Mr. Miller said under oath. Then, I would ask him if he lied to me or did he lie under oath? I don't see Col. Boddington remaining 'friends' with Miller after such an exchange.
I see Mintyman as bringing this to the public's attention, regardless of his motives. Sort of like a 'Whistle Blower'.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay..we have list:

Miller vs London Rigby
------- Boddington
------- FBI
------- US marine Corps
------- His x wife
------- Public
------- Wieland

------ What next? Obama..UN..NATO..NASA..RUSSIA

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Frederick:
So far in this arguement we have a "Mintyman" and a "Celticman". next, no doubt, their cousin Batman will turn up. Roll Eyes

But who is the Joker, the Riddler or Mr Freeze?

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How does any of this rhetoric effect any of us? How many complaining were in the Marines and have a beef? I do not think that subject is pertenint to the rest of us.
How many here lost money investing with Miller?
Who has a gun on order with Miller that has not been delivered?
Is answering any of these questions on this forum going to fix their issues? NO!

Discussing this certainly does not enlighten us further to typical informative dialog on this forum.

Who cares???

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A gunwriter is PUT in a hard place when he gets
shoved in between litigants/combatants,
and one OWES HIM MONEY.....Ed

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Frederick:

Hi Mintyman, I'm John, who may I ask are you? bewildered

He won't answer....because he is a.....

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suppose that I am misinformed: I thought that the only decoration which was a Federal offense to possess, or, to claim that one had been earned, without earning the award was the Medal of Honor.

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Yes, you are misinformed. Research the Stolen Valor Act, circa 2005.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How does any of this rhetoric effect any of us? How many complaining were in the Marines and have a beef? I do not think that subject is pertenint to the rest of us.
Is answering any of these questions on this forum going to fix their issues? NO!

Discussing this certainly does not enlighten us further to typical informative dialog on this forum.

Who cares???

EZ

It is people with this sort of attitude that con men rely upon.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:

Who cares???

EZ

I simply can't believe the post above! Has everyone in this country lost all sense of right and wrong? Those citations where given to honor the winner for an act of valor, it doesn't bother you that some piss ant walks around claiming to be a hero? It makes no difference if you have been in the marines, or in fact any branch of the service the theft of valor is a crime, and the bastard who steals it should be prosecuted.

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
I simply can't believe the post above! Has everyone in this country lost all sense of right and wrong? Those citations where given to honor the winner for an act of valor, it doesn't bother you that some piss ant walks around claiming to be a hero? It makes no difference if you have been in that marines, or in fact any branch of the service the theft of valor is a crime, and the bastard who steals it should be prosecuted.

Well said. thumb

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote