THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Anyone own a “funeral” grade double rifle?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone own a “funeral” grade double rifle?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=101299982

I pretty sure this gun sold through Julia for $38,000 a few years ago. I love it.

Posts: 1279 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love it!

Black guns can have two barrels Big Grin

DRSS

Posts: 1929 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Your funeral if you buy it if you can’t afford it. The wife will say, “thanks for the murder weapon” lol

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heym did a Funeral Grade for about 13k back around 2012.

Posts: 11366 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would want a letter on that one stating that is the original type of finish, it may very well be, or not.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've seen a couple of Dickson round actions listed in the daybook to have no engraving.
Frugal lot, those Scots.......

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I am familiar with this rifle. It is actually the first rifle of a matched pair (the history, location, etc. of the second rifle is unknown). The bores on the rifle are absolutely outstanding, virtually new. The rifle was made a bit over a hundred years ago. The ledger sheet from Holland and Holland indicated that the pair were made for a Maharaja (or similar royalty) in India as I recall. If I can track down the ledger sheet, I will try and post a copy.

Mike

Posts: 21380 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An interesting write-up on funeral guns.

Funeral Guns

Ken

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the look...I'm not much into engraving on my rifles.

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Although this H&H may not really be a "funeral" gun, as it looks like it could have been case colored which has faded, I'll call it a Funeral gun 'cuz I just about died seeing what it sold for!!

https://www.rockislandauction....ouble-rifle-and-case

Posts: 3243 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$18,000 for that rifle is sweet!

Posts: 1279 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Masters:
$18,000 for that rifle is sweet!

Indeed.
A working grade Holland Royal for less than $20K
Never thought I’d see the day...

Posts: 3243 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
idk about a funeral grade rifle, but I've had a couple divorce grade motorcycles

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38607 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that is a perfect DR, in both looks and caliber. I would love to own that one.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m just waiting for the double rifle bubble to completely burst. I found a Leonard auctioned Jeffery .450/400 for a member here that he bought at auction for $8,000.

There have been at least two H&H that have sold right at $20,000 last year.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Heym did a Funeral Grade for about 13k back around 2012.

Fortunately H&H's funeral grade at least threw a wreath around the perimeter of the sidelock.

The Heym is a good, well-made rifle but I regret not having found the extra $3000 they wanted for engraving.

Posts: 5011 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote