Notify
Tools

Asking for prayers....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted
Gentlemen:

I come to you , with hat in hand, to be bold for a moment and ask for good thoughts and kind thoughts towards my son.

I know a number of your DR guys, and ask that you please keep my 3 1/2 year old son in your thoughts and prayers the next week.

For those of you who do not know, my son, Ewan, startd crossing his eyes about three months ago. After initial tests and medical treatments, surgery is the only option to correct his crossing eyes.

This is a simple, 40 minute procedure, but needless to say, daddy, mommy and the rest of the family is worried sick!

On February 8, at 9:30 in the AM, my brave little boy will undergo strabismus surgery to correct his eye misalignment.

I know this is arrogant, but I would respectfully ask that all of my DR frineds on AR to please keep Ewan in their thoughts and prayers as he undergoes this procedure. Again, this is a simple operation, but positive thoughts from friends is never a bad thing.

To see my little guy at Christmas this past year, please click on the following link to see my little knuckle-head dancing to "Run, Run Rudolph" at Christmas time.

He is my pride and joy and I thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers for his surgery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy6LjsAxVEQ

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul,

I am very sorry to hear about your son. I know how much he means to you and your family.

My prayers go out to him for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Jim

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jimmy:

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. Karin and I truly appreciate it.

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
Sir,

Fulfilling your request is both an honor and a priviledge...consider it done.

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 608 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
We have you covered, God Bless.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul,
I hope all goes well.
Please keep us posted.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My prayers for Ewan. I hope to see the 15th and hear your good news of his sucessful recovery.
Michael

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
We've got his back, don't worry, he is in our prayers! thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Paul, your son will be in my thoughts and prayers. Sometime after the 8th of February we'll have a beer in honor of his successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your son, and you and your family too. are in my prayers.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
He's in our prayers Paul.
Don't fret it was done to a neighbors kid about a year ago. No big deal anymore he was back playing in no time but he suddenly had half as many toys. Wink
He's still doing fine!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
May the Good Lord bless you and family with health.

You are in my prayers.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2318 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Paul, I will be praying for your son's full recovery, and peace of mind for the rest of the family.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same age as my grandson..he and your family are in our prayers.

Posts: 148 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
As stated above. . .
Fulfilling your request is both an honor and a priviledge

My thoughts and prayers will be with Ewan and your family!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Paul
my thoughts and prayers are wuth ya'll
jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38601 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Behind you all in spririt and mind.

/Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We pray that God will guide the hands of the surgeons; and hold your son close to him.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know the little guy, my thoughts won't do as much as my prayers so as I unplug from the site I will lift him up in prayer. God bless you and your wife and give you peace in this situation.

Dirk

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
The lad will be in my prayers. I'll run it by my little one as well I'm sure she would like to pray for another member of the next generation of double rifle shooters

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul
Evan as been added to my list, He will be fine,there are a lot of good people pulling for him.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent. Thanks for letting us know.

DRSS

Posts: 1155 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Certainly sending best wishes and our most earnest small prayers for the little guy!

One of my son's had the problem. Things worked out fine. Wishing same for your son!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have lit a candle for him.

Proud DRSS member

one of us
posted Hide Post
To great results and a speedy recovery. All of you are in our prayers. Missed you in Brady. Bob

Posts: 1284 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My daughter had a surgery when she was 4. I know how you feel. Hang in there pard.... It's all going to be just fine.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I am sure all will go well but will be keep him in my thoughts. Let us know how it goes.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
My wife and I just had a little girl in Nov after alot of trying. I know how you feel about your children. We have you in our thoughts and prayers. Good luck, and may God work thru the doctors hands.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:

I am humbled with all of the thoughts, wishes and prayers for my little buddy. Thank you so very much for keeping my son in your thoughts and prayers.

I will be sure to keep everyone updated when he has his surgery in one week.

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is never any shame or arrogance in asking for prayer. I do it all the time. I think that's the way God wants it. Your son is certainly in our prayers.

Dutch and Cindy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a father of 3 sons my heart goes out to you. My prayers are for God to send his special angels to help comfort you and your family and protect and help in the healing of your son. I know that the little ones are held dear in his heart as well.

Posts: 26 | Location: texas | Registered: 04 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My daughter had the same surgery at about the same age. I pray that it all works out. PM if you want filled in on any details, recovery etc.

Posts: 234 | Location: Northern Ontario | Registered: 25 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul, Ewan: We're thinking about you, and definitely you are in our prayers. God bless your family. Paul: I have a 4 year old grandson - I know how much you love your son. Keep us posted.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1584 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Have never stopped, and will step it up. thumb

Mike

Posts: 21373 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We will be praying for Ewan and you at our house.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
577, thanks for letting us know about what your family are dealing with/going thru.

It may not be much but me and mine consider it a privilege to send our thoughts and prayer your way.

May it all go wonderfully well and keep us posted.

Allen

It's a Mauser thing, you wouldn't understand.

Posts: 656 | Location: North of Prescott AZ | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Sure my friend, godspeed...jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highbrass
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Your son will be in our prayers and wishing your family all of the best over the coming weeks.

"Anything he did not accomplish as a pupil was my failing as a teacher" Max you will be missed Aug-02 1999; May 20, 2008

Posts: 119 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 15 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I, too, will be saying a prayer. May The Lord bless and keep your family.

Posts: 373 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: 31 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i know as the time gets closer worries expand. Have faith

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote