Tools

Asking for prayers....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
We give our prayers of thanksgiving and send our love to you and your family!

clap clap Smiler Smiler

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul

GREAT NEWS!

Give the little guy some hugs from us (not Doc, your son).

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
That's super news, Paul!! I am very happy for you, Ewan and your family! beer

We definitely have something to celebrate about now! thumb

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Great for all of you!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7698 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
All:

Ewan came through the surgery with flying colors.

The doctor was very happy with how it went.

He's now home and we are trying to keep him comfortable and mind off the procedure. He doesn't like the eye drops.

THank you everyone who said a prayer for my little boy. My family truly appreciates everything you have done for us.

I will keep you updated on his progress.

Seems you were posting the wonderful news at the same time I was wishing you well. Congratulations!!

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
clap clap clap clap clap clap

Tough little cuss! That little guy is gonna make a real Buffalo hunter, for sure!

Glad he's out of the woods, Paul! Congratulations........ beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dancing clap jumping thumb banana wave

Great news regarding the surgery, GOD is GOOD!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So glad to hear that the surgery went well. There is nothing in this world more powerful than prayer, and I, for one, have gotten a bleesing just from reading this thread. I will continue to remeber your family in my prayers, and wish Ewan a speedy recovery.

Posts: 373 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: 31 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lord, thank you for the skilled hands of the medical professionals, as well as for continued healing and blessings to Ewan to all those near him.

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." [Matthew 6: 33,34]

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." [Philippians 4:6]

Peace

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Paul,
Glad to hear of the good news...now when Ewan is ready for the Pirate Dance...be sure to take another video....

R

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
Great News Paul.

See you soon.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Great news Paul! I agree with Jack, God is GOOD!

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
God's speed to you and your family. Never hesitate to ask for prayer!

God Bless.

K.

one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
Paul, thats good!!!!!
Take care of that little man! salute

" If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countryman " Samuel Adams, 1772

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks God!

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:

Just another update, Ewan is doing GREAT. He is slowly starting to allow us to put the eye drops in his eyes. His eyes are still blood red, but they are not bothering him.

Most importantly, HIS EYES APPEAR TO BE STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

We go back to the doctor's on Tuesday for our post-op check and will know details at that point, but for now, everything looks great.

Gentlemen, I can't begin to tell you how much strength you have given me over the past eight days. Last weekend I came down with bronchitis and stayed away from Ewan and my wife because they couldn't get sick.

Our dog, Cody, stopped eatting this past weekend and we noticed for about a week prior to that that he drank excessive amounts of water from everywhere.

We did the Monday and Tuesday doctor visit with Ewan, and on Tuesday I took Cody to the vet. It didn't look good.

Wednesday morning Cody had taken a turn for the worse and I took him back to the vet. Long story short, Cody had a cancerous tumor in his bowels that was undetected (we couldn't tell from outward appearances) and he had excessive amounts of calcium- aactually it was toxic levels - in his blood. Due to his age (approx 12+ years), I did the humane thing and had him put to sleep.

It was the right decision for my four legged best buddy (he was my dog - my first dog that I picked out and bought myself) and I took his loss VERY hard.

That was Wednesday.

Friday was surgery day, so you can imagine the kind of week I was having - first sick with high fever and chest conjestion, then my dog had to be put to sleep, then I'm worried sick about my son.

From Friday to Friday, one week's time, I lost 14 lbs. Yes, 14 lbs.

I can't begin to tell you how great it was to log onto AR and read everyone's kind words. I drew strength from each and every post and want to thank each and every one of you who took the time out of your life to think of me and my family.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Now, it is Saturday night; my son has been out of surgery for over a day without any major complications; and my father and sister are in town with my wife and son.

Tonight I'm taking a short break from daddy duties and break out the Jack Daniels. I'm celebrating my son's successful surgery and all of the great memories my Cody brought me over the years. I think, after this week, I've earned it.

577NitroExpress
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Paul, relax a bit and recharge your batteries. The worst part about dogs

is their short [by human standards] life spans. They unconditionally love their

human families and give much joy, but the price is that we bury them over and

over again. We here, have stopped being pet owners. Now your little boy Ewan's

eye condition is well under way toward being corrected and I am sure that gives

you and your's relief and joy! Rejoice. I am always curious about less common

names and I have never heard your son's before. If you feel like it, I'd enjoy

hearing about it's origin, if it's a name you've had in your family history, or

if not, why you chose it. I guess this interest that I have comes from my having

the the most common name in the English language, JOHN. I had MALE a co-worker

whose given name was LINDY. I HAD to get the story. His grandfather [Mr. RO%&#TO]

came to the U.S, from Italy and became a huge fan of C. Lindberg - aviator. So

grandpa names his first son Lindberg Ro%&#to. THAT man names HIS first son LINDY,

who became my co-worker. A cool little story I think. Any way, enjoy the blessing

of your son and the successful surgery, don't get TOO drunk, and continue to know
that Ewan is still receiving the benefit of many many prayer partners. salute

Jack

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
You have certainly earned that JD!! Paul, pleased to hear that all is well with Ewan. He'll be up making trouble in no time! Big Grin I am also sorry to hear about your dog. I have had to put a few of my dogs down over the years, and it is never an easy decision to make. They're not called man's best friend for nothing.......

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
Picture of 475Guy1
posted Hide Post
Dude, I'm glad most things turned out well. Too bad about the dog, though. Just think of this way, now that your pride and joy is going to be OK, just take the little dude with you and have him pick out another pup, that way he'll have "his" dog while growing into manhood and thus taking over your guns.

Used to be 475Guy add about 2000 more posts

Posts: 245 | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul,

I am glad things went well for your son, and I hope he will have a complete and uneventful recovery.

Sorry to hear about the dog, but 12 years is a good dog life.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HE is a truly wonderful God who does listen to our prayers. I am so pleased that Ewan is doing well.

I am sorry about Cody. I had to put down my big, 12 year old puppy the end of last year. You did the right thing. It was hard, but you did do the right thing.

From here on, it gets better. Peace be with you. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 475Guy1:
just take the little dude with you and have him pick out another pup, that way he'll have "his" dog while growing into manhood and thus taking over your guns.

Outstanding idea! thumb

Semper Fidelis

one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
Paul, it's very good to hear that Ewan is doing great! Sorry to here about Cody thou. Yer right...you do deserve a shot or two!! beer
Better days are on the way my friend! thumb

" If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countryman " Samuel Adams, 1772

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Paul, glad to hear the good report about your son's operation.

Sorry about your buddy, Cody.

When Ewan gets through with the better part of his recovery, find him a litter of Lab puppies to pick from. They will have a blast growing up together.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
prayer is a very powerful medicine. We continue to keep you all in our prayers, and ask that His will be done...and that that is for complete healing.

I had to have a teensy nip of Corralejo to celebrate myself.

God Bless all of you.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Nothing is more precious than youth, and family. Your son and his continued good health is in my prayers.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great to hear the good news on your son. Tough break with your dog, but better to go out with a minimum of suffering.

Best,

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news about your son.I am happy our prayers have been answered. The love of a good dog comes with the pain of their loss. You did right thing,It would be wrong to let him suffer to post pone the pain. Get you and your son a DD, mine is great with my 3 year old grand daughter. They track,point, and retrieve and make great playmates. You and your son will have many years hunting together, a good dog will only make it better.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been following your ordeal.
I am glad things went well for your son.
Relax and enjoy your family!
Thanks for shearing.
Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thumb thumb thumb thumb thumb thumb

Great outcome!!!!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news about Ewan. May the recovery continue to go well. We will keep all of your family in our prayers.

Sorry to hear about your dog.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad all went well with the surgery.
I know how hard it is to loose a good dog.
“From Friday to Friday, one week's time, I lost 14 lbs. Yes, 14 lbs.â€
Come on down we can put that back on in a day. beer jumping
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:

I just wanted to give everyone one final update on Ewan.

We met with the surgeon yesterday for Ewan's post-op check.

The incisions look excellent and there are no signs of infection.

Most importantly, the surgeon said "His eyes look straight as an arrow!"

Ewan's eyes won't be officially evaluated for another six weeks, but the doctor is VERY happy with what he saw.

Thank you, again, for all of the thoughts and prayers!

577NitroExpress
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i think that after all you've just been through that its time to take a son out puppy shopping thumb

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:...the surgeon said "His eyes look straight as an arrow!"

And that is what it's about... banana

Jack

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Paul, sorry to hear about Cody! Never easy to put one down. You did the right thing!

I still remember when my dog Bear died. I buried him. I didn't realize that a man could cry that much over a dog. . .I did! Still do today!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank God for your son's progress...as to Cody, he awaits you at Rainbow Bridge...google Rainbow Bridge...and you will find him there....Blessings..

Posts: 184 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear about Ewan!
I have several friends waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge.
Don't worry about the lost 14 pounds, they are easy to find again.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear the update.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BigFivejack, I believe that Ewan is a Scottish name.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote