Find
Notify
Tools

Asking for prayers....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 475Guy1
posted Hide Post
Dude, you got it. After all, he's just got to grow up to take advantage of your 375 H&H that you were putting together for him, right. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Used to be 475Guy add about 2000 more posts

Posts: 245 | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In our prayers at this ranch house.

One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Your family is in our prayers! Thank heavens that it wasnt something worse!!! We will be anxiously waiting for the good news Feb 8th!

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
God bless the little guy, you & the missus my friend,I have complete faith in the almighty,we will be toasting the better times which are coming ahead!

DRSS

Posts: 2281 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Arrogant??? Paul, please don't ever think that asking for prayer for your son is arrogant. I will bring his name to our prayer requests on Sunday. I KNOW with the Lord watching over that things will turn out fine.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a father of three( grown) I know your feelings and fears. I will be honored to remember your son in my prayers. Sincerely, Luke

Posts: 363 | Location: pueblo, Co. USA | Registered: 01 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Paul, I will have a number of folks praying for complete success for the little guy, peace for you and your family, and wisdom, insight, and skillful hands for the surgeon. Got it covered.

Antlers
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
This is a longer prayer chain than you will ever know. For Ewan and you all. God Bless. Packrattusnongratus

One of Us
posted Hide Post
my prayers are going out to your son

Posts: 78 | Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario | Registered: 22 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understand your concern. My daughter, now grown, had serious problems when young. Nothing arrogant about your request at all. Will keep you in my prayers.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Ditto

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:

I just wanted to thank each of you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers for my little buddy.

I shared this thread with my wife last night, and your kindess made her cry for the better part of 30 minutes.

My wife wants to thank you all for keeping her baby in your thoughts and prayers. She didn't realize what kind of people were on this website, but she does now.

Again, my family and I are very grateful for your expressions of kindness, and I will be sure to update everyone on the 8th.

577NitroExpress
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the Hampton family to you, we are wtih you all the way.
Walt

Posts: 324 | Location: VIRGINIA | Registered: 27 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
He is also in the prayers of my wife and I.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My prayers go out to him for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. I see no arrogance in asking for help for your son.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just saw this, I am certainly going to add your

boy to my prayers. You are a good father and you

knew you could get this support here and we are

privileged to be with you during this stressful

time. Have faith.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul,

All my best for your son and family. The AR family is strong and will be there for you. I pray for a successful surgery and recovery for your son. Keep us informed on his progress.

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always have a prayer for a little one.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Your brave son is in my thoughts. I hope for a successfull surgery and speedy recovery.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
we will remember him in our prayers as we did before.

WHY DON'T YOU PUT HIS PICTURE HERE INSTEAD OF YOUR DOUBLE RIFLE ????

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Paul,

He's in our thoughts. Sure he'll be fine, though.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Paul
Your family will be in our prayers! He who believes will find strenght!
He needs to make it over with you and Doc.
Doc, I know you love this little one, you are in my prayers as well!!
Katte

Posts: 19 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
577 Nitro,

Your family and little boy will be on our prayer list at church and here at Spring Valley!

Hawkeye47

one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
577, yout son will be in our prayers. Both of my oldest daughters girls, ages 5&6 now had the same surgery at about the same age as your son. The Good Lord will take care of him and everything will fine.

" If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countryman " Samuel Adams, 1772

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul, I will pray with you. I am looking at the photo of your son in DRSS hat (you sent me in PM) and I think he must be happy!

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
you guys are always in my prayers, but I'll double barrel my effort for you son..

best of luck, and missed you guys at DSC

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Don In Colorado
posted Hide Post
Please accept our deepest thoughts at this time of concern. Best Wishes......

Best of all he loved the Fall....

E. Hemingway

Posts: 198 | Location: Brighton, Michigan | Registered: 22 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A prayer will certainly be sent along for Ewan. The video you shared brings back memories of my own 2 sons...now grown (young) men. Cherish your boy in his early years, as they grow up way too fast.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
he's remembered in our prayers here, too...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:

Again, thank you so very much for all of your kind words, thoughts and prayer. All of this good will is very humbling.

Just an update, as we are not in the home stretch toward "Surgery Day."

This weekend, my wife came down with a sinus infection and was put on antibiotics; On Sunday I came down with a respitory infection and I am now on antibiotics!

My wife and I have been keeping our distance from our boy to prevent any contamination.

Well, today Ewan had his pre-surgery physical with his primary care giver - HE GOT A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH!

What a load of our minds! My wife is 100% better and is taking the brunt of his care as I continue to stay away (In the quest room).

We have never washed our hands so much!

Tomorrow we meet with the surgeon who is doing the surgery for a thorough review of Ewan's eyes and final measurements.

I will be sure to keep everyone updated as writing these notes really helps me deal with his impending procedure.

Again, thank you everyone!

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
you got it sir. may God bless your son and your family. have faith brother, and a sincere hope that all turns out well. thumb

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Positive thoughts and prayers forthcoming. Bear in mind that the best kind of surgery is that which makes a straightforward problem go away. I hope he can now be a both eyes open shooter!

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Having sat through 3 surgeries on my Sons, I understand your concern. Trust in the medical team, and trust that he is in our prayers.

TerryR

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul,

The boys and I prayed for your son and all the family last night and this morning. Be strong, and keep us updated!

Peter

Posts: 59 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 27 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All:

Ewan came through the surgery with flying colors.

The doctor was very happy with how it went.

He's now home and we are trying to keep him comfortable and mind off the procedure. He doesn't like the eye drops.

THank you everyone who said a prayer for my little boy. My family truly appreciates everything you have done for us.

I will keep you updated on his progress.

577NitroExpress

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you are having a lot happen in a short time. Prayers sent for you and yours to come out of this soon and on to brighter times.

John

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I am glad to hear that the surgery went well.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
Outstanding news!

Prayers continuing for a fast and complete recovery. For everybody!

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 610 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
We give our prayers of thanksgiving and send our love to you and your family!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
All:

Ewan came through the surgery with flying colors.

The doctor was very happy with how it went.

Sweet news... I am proud for all of you!

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote