New
Find
Notify
Tools

VC 577 is here!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My Verney Carron arrived today. This one must be very well-balanced, as it doesn't seem as heavy as the ones I've owned or handled before. I think I could do some miles with this one without a problem. Very nicely finished, and shoulders well. I have some rounds of CEB #13 courtesy of Aaron Nielsen, so it's off to the range.

:-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
beer

Good man, that Aaron Nielson tu2

Let's get some photos soon and good luck with it. Don't forget, I'll take it off your hands when you get tired of it. Big Grin

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that I know how to post pictures, I can say.....Where are the pics? Worthless thread without pics! lol jumping

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
How much does it weigh?

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wingnut is a Certified Photo Poster!!! Geez, I'd better get with the times!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Wingnut is a Certified Photo Poster!!! Geez, I'd better get with the times!

Right after you make sure that your medical covers self inflicted trauma! Big Grin

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs
Now I can add that to my resume. That'll make two things I can put on it. Yesterday, I couldn't spell expert and today I still cain't
Besides that, I have taken enough s*%# by not knowing how and thanks to subsailor74, I now know how.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
For Biebs:

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No red pad ? Shame !
Looks nice , should shoot well , post your results.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking double there, Biebs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's "reddish", but not like the Old English I order when I have one built for me. Charlie Sisk calls them by "Eraser" pads. I'll live :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs - You lucky dog!!! That's a beautiful gun my friend.

Ken sent my .600NE yesterday, so hopefully by week's end, I am posting some pics too.

Congrats man!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle BiebsSmiler. Much prefer the moustache style you bought over the newer "round" action models.

The squirrels around your house better run and hide! If you hit within 3 feet of one they will vaporize.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
That is a good looking rifle Biebs! Congrats!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks! And Aaron, the first few shots will be a salute to your generosity. And good luck with the 600...I guess I'm just a He-Man wanna-be!!! :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And the posting of the pix is courtesy of CCMDoc....and who says they don't make house calls anymore!!

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
My favorite big bore!
Congrats!
577 + CEB BBWs = awesome!

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you Mr. Biebs! Love the Moustache on it!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge, I guess I'll have to grow mine back now!

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Biebs,
congratulations on a beautiful gun,what does she weigh?

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is pretty darn cool! Congratulations...

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Super gun Biebs. Congratulations!

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill73, Ken said it was 14 lbs and a few oz, but my digital bathroom scale says 13.6 lbs. Either my scale is off, or perhaps the previous owner removed the recoil reducer in the buttstock, as Sam Rose and others have done. It feels much better and more lively than the other VC 577s I've owned or handled.

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
I am anxious to hear what it is like to shoot.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave, stay tuned, I'll be out on my property tomorrow morning with my paper plates and a fistful of CEB #13s!

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Congrats Biebs--looks like a shooter... I think I need another 577... no I think I will just look at yours.. Wink

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
no I think I will just look at yours.. Wink

Ed, if we ever get to do that Zambia hunt, I'll even let you carry it for a bit. Well, maybe even all day! :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice.

Posts: 10363 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Very nice rifle! Thanks for sharing.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11241 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Choice looking double Biebs, congrats.

Looks sturdy, with fine lines and even in the pics it "looks" like it points properly.

I love the pic of you holding it out straight with one hand.
Looks like you just peeled it out of the scabbard on your stroller Cool and are about to snuff out a crop raider or something ?

When your tired of pushing that thing around on it's trolly let me know.

Good hunting with it,

Paul.

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want one!

Life Is For Service
DRSS

Posts: 254 | Location: South Florida | Registered: 26 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul, if you look closely, you can see the face of the neighbor lady in her window looking aghast!!! :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I fired up the VC today...what a blast! Lean forward to avoid having to step back. I fired 8 or 10 rounds of CEB #13 Non-Cons, but then my shirt started to itch me something terrible! It got so bad I had to run home. I took my shirt of, and HOLY CRAP!!! I had new hairs sprouting out all over my chest and back! My voice deepened a bit as well. I shaved when I got up, but needed to then again at 1:00 PM after shooting, and looks like I'll need to again for dinner. :-)

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
A manly man you are and your moustache will soon grow to match your rifle's! Show us some targets when you can! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Biebs,

That was hilarious!!!

rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
I fired up the VC today...what a blast! Lean forward to avoid having to step back. I fired 8 or 10 rounds of CEB #13 Non-Cons ...

Nothing like a well-fitted double to show how easy it is to shoot these things ... tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm going back over now for some more fun. I'd hope my dies get here soon before I run out of cannon fodder.

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the double JB!

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want to be there when you shoot it one handed!

Posts: 2837 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sam, let me know how it went when I wake up! Actually, I just got back again from shooting. The description of a "push" instead of a "jab" is very apt, but even the push isn't really a big deal. I have many rifles that are way more unpleasant to shoot than this 577....300 RUM, 300 Wby, 340 Wby to name a few. I'm loving it!