Notify
Tools

VC 577 is here!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Congrats on the double JB!

Paul, I had to retaliate for your recent posting of that awesome Mauser. :-)

Posts: 20163 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jon,

Glad you are liking that 577. It is a very nice gun and has been blooded too. Your gun was actually the first 577 I ever fired. I also shot it quite a bit. That gun fit me better than mine.

Sam

Posts: 2837 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by srose:
Jon,

Glad you are liking that 577. It is a very nice gun and has been blooded too. Your gun was actually the first 577 I ever fired. I also shot it quite a bit. That gun fit me better than mine.

Sam

Great to hear Sam especially since when The Bieb grows tired of it in a day or so I'll be just down the road ready to take it off his hands ...

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul, you'd have to be waving a Heym Jumbo 577 in front of me to get my attention!! :-)

Posts: 20163 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Wow!!! Eeker

You like it that much, do you ...? Big Grin

Now who was it that was cajoling you to get that 577 ... Roll Eyes

Hmmm ... Cool

Good deal! tu2

There are a few elephant opportunites through mutual friends that we should consider! You need to re-blood that 577 ...

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, this was bought with Ele intentions, for sure!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, this was bought with Ele intentions, for sure!

Well, I hope it wasn't this year's pronghorn season you had in mind Eeker

Damn all this talk has had me second guessing the .500, which I KNOW is going to do all I want it to, but damn that .577 !
If only I could convince myself that I could carry it for any period of time.

Man that's a way cool double in a way cool cartridge ! tu2

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would like to see video of you shooting it.

Posts: 10370 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If only I could convince myself that I could carry it for any period of time.

Paul, that's what trackers and a $5 bill are for!

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Would like to see video of you shooting it.

Might have to whip out the "Hat Cam" and catch ol' Biebs in action ... Cool

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
New rifle to slay some ground hogs with.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCMDoc:
Might have to whip out the "Hat Cam" and catch ol' Biebs in action ... Cool

If it had audio, you'd see the target,hear a bang suddenly be looking at the clouds for several minutes followed by a groan,then "WTF Hit me?"

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Naw, it's a pussycat. I love shooting it. It's not at all what you would expect when you look at the shells when you drop them in the barrels. Looks like something Howitzer would make if they sold double rifles :-)

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Probably but there's always the "Beibs factor" to take into account! Wink

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure...but was that a "shot" ? :-(

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well here it is!!!
Talked with Biebs asked if he has shot the new 577???
Surprise he actually has shot it before it gets sold.
I asked how does it group well nothing on paper yet. cuckoo
HE IS TAKING IT WITH HIM WHILE HE CUTS WOOD TO SHOOT A VARMINTS LIKE SQUIRRELS AND CHIPMUNKS
KNOCKED DOWN A FEW TREES WITH IT, NEVER HAD TO FIRE UP THE CHAIN SAW. BOOM
WAY TO GO BIEBS!!!!!

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I like to take a new rifle with me throughout the day to become more familiar with it. Problem is, those barrels are COLD when I roll over in my sleep! :-)

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Jon, does it shoot straight or around corners?

Mike animal

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure yet, I'm not quick enough yet getting up off the ground after the 2nd shot to see where they're hitting! :-)