THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    HEYM 89B 450/400 and Banteng
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HEYM 89B 450/400 and Banteng
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted
I would have to say that the Banteng is a very underrated animal to hunt; they were much more "switched-on" than I was expecting.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing! It may have mentioned it in the video, but I'm watching at work so volume is down, but what was the caliber? Beautiful wood on that double.

Posts: 1073 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mt Al:
Thanks for sharing! It may have mentioned it in the video, but I'm watching at work so volume is down, but what was the caliber? Beautiful wood on that double.

Al - that's a 450/00 with CEB Raptors.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Good going Chris! tu2
That is a very good banteng, You guys are doing a lot of hunting in Aussie land! Congratulations!

...……...……………………. old Mac

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a fantastic hunt!! Perfect combo of rifle type, caliber and quarry. Thanks so much for sharing.

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. That's on the bucket list for sure.

Posts: 10363 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
How long is wait for the Buffalo clips?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Am I wrong in thinking that is an enormous banteng? Seeing the first footage of it down, I thought it was a buffalo.

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
How long is wait for the Buffalo clips?

A couple are already done. We will release one every 3-4 weeks. I think some Cape buffalo are next.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
Am I wrong in thinking that is an enormous banteng? Seeing the first footage of it down, I thought it was a buffalo.

Ozhunter can speak better to that, but it's definitely the biggest one I've ever seen on the hoof!

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of AK_Stick
posted Hide Post
Is it just the sunlight or is there something silver on the muzzle of your gun as you’re moving after the first two shots?

Only Angels and Aviators have wings

Posts: 263 | Location: The frozen north, between deployments | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AK_Stick:
Is it just the sunlight or is there something silver on the muzzle of your gun as you’re moving after the first two shots?

Yes, it's tape. Whatever was in camp.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chris,

That's the one I'd like to go back and hunt with Graham for. Nicely done and I would say a super nice banteng.

Congrats!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 721 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hannay:
Great video - thanks!

and

quote:

Yes, it's tape. Whatever was in camp.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why did you put tape on the end of the barrels?

To keep debris out of the bore while hunting. If something foreign works its way in while you're crawling around, then you can wreck the barrel when you fire it. Tape over the muzzles is cheap insurance.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
will you have the Buffalo footage for the shows?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Nice! Big Grin Love the 450-400! tu2

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting Chris...

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote