Find
Notify
Tools

this is no fun...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
if you take out the stuffy double rifle guys out of the big boar (pun intended) forum it cuts down on fights between the bolt guys and you...is this a retreat? animal

i like double rifles better, just dont like the snobbery that comes with sofa

to each his own

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
It's not my fault my little finger will not bend when I sip Tea, It's genetic!

Wink

Double Guys love their guns twice as much!

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 308Sako:
It's not my fault my little finger will not bend when I sip Tea, It's genetic!

Wink

Double Guys love their guns twice as much!

animal

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
i want one of those 3 barrel guns THAT would be way cool Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
how many here admit to snobbery and an unrealistic elevated sense of status???

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
if you take out the stuffy double rifle guys out of the big boar (pun intended) forum it cuts down on fights between the bolt guys and you...is this a retreat? animal

i like double rifles better, just dont like the snobbery that comes with sofa

to each his own

Confused bewildered I'm not sure how to take this post! I'm unsure if it is tongue-in-cheek, or serious! bewildered

If it is serious, then I think you have gotten the wrong idea about the guys here who love to hunt with doubles. The giging the bolt rifle people here is in jest, you know the "BOLT RIFLE TRASH" statement made often by Tony. That couldn't be any farther from the way he actually feels! He is an accomplished bolt rifle shooter, and was a sniper in law enforcement till his retirement on the 7th of Feb of this year. All the guys who shoot double rifles are, for the most part working stiffs, and are the ownwers of far more bolt, and single shot rifles that doubles. I don't think there is a snobb amoung the guys I know, but simply fun loveing folks who like to kid other shooters. I personally was born as poor as the country church mouse, and never got over it! I don't think a working guy owning a $20K rifle is any different from another one owning a $20K bass boat,or a $25K automobile, both took sacrifice to come by, and it is simply a matter of one's priorities! Certainly nothing to be snobbish about!

In case this was a a joke post, then ........Boom Stick, you must be one of those bolt rifle trash guys, Tony was talking about! moon

jumping jumping jumping

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mac,

Don't take him serious he's got "Cartridge envy" it comes from having a small low velocity cartridge that often fails to perform.

thumb

Boomstick why is it so important for you to be a: troll

If you want a double start saving for one. If you aren't interested in them then please feel free to keep your smart ass comments to yourself.

But please don't come onto this page and play little Les Misrebles because somehow in your imagination feel "unincluded" in what YOU perceive to be social class different from yours.

Christ somebody needs to inform Hillary of yet another perceived class differentiation in the good ole USofA.

Boomstick would this make you happy ? "Double rifle, the tool of the evil, rich, white, colonial oppressor. A movie by Michael Moore." See it this spring at the Berkley film festival.

Been hunting yet?

One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
Well said Mac. I don't have my double yet, but I am saving up and have got my priorities in order.

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
"Double rifle, the tool of the evil, rich, white, colonial oppressor. A movie by Michael Moore." See it this spring at the Berkley film festival.

Perhaps Mr. Moore will commission the rifles for this movie from B. Searcy & Co. Wink Smiler

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
boom stick
Do not worry I will still be posting on the Big Bore Forum. Big Grin

Assuming you are not kidding:
If you had ever met some of the DRSS folks in person you would not feel that way. They are the nicest people you will ever meet.
You would be more than welcome to come to the Dallas Safari Show next year and hang out with us, or even come to a DRSS hunt.
Your 45/70 would be more than welcome. If fact I am a big fan of the 45/70 myself.

The only drawback to a double rifle is their cost. Even the 9,3x74R's are expensive compared to your average bolt, lever or single shot rifle.
However there is HOPE. If Remington can ever get some of their 45/70 double rifles into the country a fella can try one for about the price of a bolt rifle.
I have a theory that once people try one they will be hooked.
The Remington will be no Holland & Holland, but as long as when you aim it, pull the trigger and you hit with the sights it will work. The 45/70 double will be a GREAT hunting rifle for any game in the lower 48 taken at less than 150 yards for sure and a good shooter with a scope might stretch it to 200. I have taken deer with my Ruger No1 45/70 [scoped] at 230 yards.
So, boom stick, I recommend you get with a good dealer and put your name down for a 45/70 Remington double rifle.

I know I am going to get one. thumb Big Grin

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
just some humor guys...all in good taste i hope

thought this board could use some levity...

i like double guns and intend on owning at least one someday...

lets not take ourselves toooooo seriously...

i like the bolt trash comment animal

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
Mac,

Don't take him serious he's got "Cartridge envy" it comes from having a small low velocity cartridge that often fails to perform.

thumb

Boomstick why is it so important for you to be a: troll

If you want a double start saving for one. If you aren't interested in them then please feel free to keep your smart ass comments to yourself.

But please don't come onto this page and play little Les Misrebles because somehow in your imagination feel "unincluded" in what YOU perceive to be social class different from yours.

Christ somebody needs to inform Hillary of yet another perceived class differentiation in the good ole USofA.

Boomstick would this make you happy ? "Double rifle, the tool of the evil, rich, white, colonial oppressor. A movie by Michael Moore." See it this spring at the Berkley film festival.

Been hunting yet?

surestrike...

i am not into the class warfare stuff i am by no means rich or poor...my wife is keeping me poor though in house and cars Mad

les miserables...good one animal

double guns are great....i will say it again double guns are great...i am a lever kinda guy though...its the cowboy in me Wink

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
i think i will stay out for a while till i get a double gun then post pics of myself in the jungles of thousand oaks ca with my monocular and pith helmet

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I do...and I don't even own a double rifle. I would be completely intolerable if I did! Big Grin

Best,

John

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Snobbery, of course...elevated sense of status, that's a given, but UNREALISTIC!?, that's taking things a bit too far.

Now where did I put that grey poupon? Wink

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Posts: 810 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Picture of boom stick

Posted Feb 11, 11:18 PM
i think i will stay out for a while till i get a double gun then post pics of myself in the jungles of thousand oaks ca with my monocular and pith helmet

You may not remember but there really was a jungle in TO. My dad knew Mabel Stark and I still remember her shows there at Jungleland. Lions and Tigers. She even let you see the scars where she had been attacked and bitten. It was way before the Mansfield attack.

Funny you mention TO. I used to hunt there 40 years ago before all the big development took place. It was actually a great deer , rabbit and quail area. Particularly good spot up behind the hospital in Camarrio. I don't suppose there is much going on there now. We used to have permision to hunt the Broom Ranch off of Kanan road which ran clear over to the coast. Brings back great memories.

Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:

I represent that statement!

While I hunt the long grass with my double, and stalk plains game with my bolt gun, I must admit Red Face to hiding in the thickets with my bow, waiting to ambush blacktail. Now thats status lol

While Boom Stick and others boast of hunting TO, I too have hunted that area, but I revel in the status of having slipped in from, ugh, the slums of Simi Valley. Razzer

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Martinez:
quote:
Picture of boom stick

Posted Feb 11, 11:18 PM

You may not remember but there really was a jungle in TO. My dad knew Mabel Stark and I still remember her shows there at Jungleland. Lions and Tigers. She even let you see the scars where she had been attacked and bitten. It was way before the Mansfield attack.

Funny you mention TO. I used to hunt there 40 years ago before all the big development took place. It was actually a great deer , rabbit and quail area. Particularly good spot up behind the hospital in Camarrio. I don't suppose there is much going on there now. We used to have permision to hunt the Broom Ranch off of Kanan road which ran clear over to the coast. Brings back great memories.

Frank

hiking here i have come across some nice deer, yes the quail are huge here...love the sound of them in the morning...they live and hide in the cactus. i live in the hills so it is a bit more wild here. the coyotes...man i wish i could shoot them without getting arrested! my favorite is the big owles and listening to them hoot at 1 in the morning.

that hospital...is that the college now? it used to be a mental hospital. it is pretty here i do feel blessed, even though i dont own a double rifle yet. what i need is a 22-250 with a silencer for yotes and quail Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
hiding in the thickets with my bow, waiting to ambush blacktail. Now thats status

totaly aggree!!

i love my bow and am good with it thumb

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
i love my bow and am good with it

Well, I am good for half of what you think, you figure out which half.

While I am "almost adequate" with my bow, I am good with double. jumping

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys don't be too hard on "boom stick". Remember he is a self described lever guy. What else do you expect from a neanderthal?

jumping

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
i am a lever kinda guy though...its the cowboy in me Wink

Just what kind of cowboy are you? animal animal

Just joking of course...

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hopefully not one of the recent movie type of cowboy!

Posts: 205 | Location: Hondo Tx | Registered: 22 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
how many here admit to snobbery and an elevated if realistic sense of status???

I'm not a snob. Smiler

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
that was an inside joke pic...

that is supposed to be a smoking jacket but a plush bathrobe had to do...

the cowboy i do most is the reverse cowboy and my wife is there...sorry if that is too much info but you asked for it. sorry to dissapoint, no brokeback here...that movie is broke and needs fixing animal

i admit being a nostalgia guy mostly because of my love of history and my heritage.

that pic reminds me....i need to play pool, see ya later...rack em up!

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
that was an inside joke pic...

quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
Just joking of course...

I knew that, just thought it was funny. Big Grin

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the cowboy i do most is the reverse cowboy and my wife is there..[/quote]

Just remember cowgirls expect more than an 8 second ride.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ooohhhhhh!

Posts: 205 | Location: Hondo Tx | Registered: 22 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ROTF!!! cheers

Boomstick, most of us refer to that as reverse cowGIRL, just for brokeback clarification! Very nice comeback though!

-Bob jumping

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Posts: 810 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:

the cowboy i do most...

(Sorry -- couldn't help myself. It really isn't pick on Boom Stick day, is it?)

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
splitting hairs but you get my drift...

anyway back on subject...

where can we go for bolt vs double arguing?

i guess we need a non political mudslinging board where you know what you are getting into when you go there

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
frank...

i dont need to boast...she does it for me Big Grin