Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ROSCOE:
Originally posted by Safaris Botswana Bound:
our average hunt costs $45 000-00 to $50 000-00

Ahh...here it is again...the classic "My dick is bigger than yours" comment. A man like you with such wealth should have no problem getting your rifle fixed.

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ROSCOE:
our average hunt costs $45 000-00 to $50 000-00

Ahh...here it is again...the classic "My dick is bigger than yours" comment. A man like you with such wealth should have no problem getting your rifle fixed.

back again - loved the self portrait Roscoe -
forgot to mention a comment I once heard about men infatuiated with other mens appedixes and the size - you know the type allways peering at you at public urinals, if you think its small then it is - build a bridge and get over it your wife has.

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
This fucking guy can't let it go....

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm just glad that I have already had my turn in the barrel on AR, who's next? Smiler Smiler Smiler

Your turn will come I assure you.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
forgot to mention a comment I once heard about men infatuiated with other mens appedixes and the size - you know the type allways peering at you at public urinals, if you think its small then it is - build a bridge and get over it your wife has.

As for his comment, it contains a classic Freudian slip. An "appendix" is a small useless appendage about the size of one's little finger. And he wonders why the women call him "Pinky"...

As for bringing someone's wife into it, that is purely bush league. Quite a testament to the character of the guy.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just back from hunting and had to pop in to see the thread.
Again I can report that no problems with the firearm were experienced - but again I remain cautiuos.

In summary I used the forum to report a observation on a hunting product and service as I deemed that was what this forum was for
Yes I should not have made judgement but just posted the facts and waited for advice.

The firearm is extremely accurate - the calibre awesome.

I should not have come across as trying to discredit Butch - I should have stuck to the facts and left it at that. But we all have the right to our opinions and it was fun reading the heated debate, again thats what the forum is for and does so well.

I hope this is the end of this thread
Good hunting
Graeme

It was fun reading

one of us
posted Hide Post
It was over until you rekindled it.

If you made an error in judgment about the rifle in question you need to start a new thread. And explain what a whinny little titty baby you've been and that there is nothing in fact wrong with the rifle in question.

Too many of us have been dealing with Butch Searcy too long to let a mealie mouthed whiner like you discredit him. We know better.

O.C.D comes to mind here. Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hate to add on but this last person battles to read and understand - read my last post again - it does not say I am happy with the firearm or that I was wrong about the service or gun - I was wrong in the way I dealt with it and I am useing every ounce of control to not respond to your bright disposition.
Happy hunting

posted Hide Post
CK THIS OUT , AMMINUNITION BEING REGULATED BY OSHA ,DEPT OF LABOR

Call all Gov officials that you know.

U.S. Department of Labor, Room N-2625 200 Constitution Ave., N.W. Washington, DC 20210

Re.: Docket No. OSHA-2007-0032 (Explosives—Proposed Rule)

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing in strong opposition to OSHA’s proposed rules on “explosives,†which go far beyond regulating true explosives. These proposed rules would impose severe restrictions on the transportation and storage of small arms ammunition—both complete cartridges and handloading components such as black and smokeless powder, primers, and percussion caps. These restrictions go far beyond existing transportation and fire protection regulations.

As a person who uses ammunition and components, I am very concerned that these regulations will have a serious effect on my ability to obtain these products. OSHA’s proposed rules would impose restrictions that very few gun stores, sporting goods stores, or ammunition dealers could comply with. (Prohibiting firearms in stores that sell ammunition, for example, is absurd—but would be required under the proposed rule.)

The proposed transportation regulations would also affect shooters’ ability to buy these components by mail or online, because shipping companies would also have great difficulty complying with the proposed rules.

There is absolutely no evidence of any new safety hazard from storage or transportation of small arms ammunition or components that would justify these new rules. I also understand that organizations with expertise in this field, such as the National Rifle Association, National Shooting Sports Foundation, and Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers’ Association, will be submitting detailed comments on this issue. I hope OSHA will listen to these organizations’ comments as the agency develops a final rule on this issue.

Sincerely,

Posts: 11 | Location: Casper Wyoming | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there is a 500 searcy -NON EJECTOR- for sale in the classifieds at $10,000.00

Even $ 1,000.00 is to much for a Searcy.

ALWAYS use HEIM

Seloushunter Wink

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
ALWAYS use HEIM

If you are going to promote a gun, you might want to spell it correctly.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KINO
posted Hide Post
So did the Searcy Sell?

Posts: 470 | Location: SYRACUSE, UT, USA | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by metaltiger:
CK THIS OUT , AMMINUNITION BEING REGULATED BY OSHA ,DEPT OF LABOR

Sincerely,

Hey Tiger, start your own thread, and quite hy-jacking other's threads, with this post! thumbdown

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote