Find
Notify
Tools

500 searcy in classifieds
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I.S.,

Graeme said he has the rifle legally registered in Botswana. According to his posts, the difficulty is removing the rifle from Botswana so that it can be sent to California for warranty work, but there is no legal difficulty in keeping the rifle in Botswana.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
I think I'll send a note to the Botswanan authorities that Botswhiner has an illegally obtained rifle and let the wogs hang him! I am glad he was thoughtful enough to post his address, etc.

Think I can get the serial # for evidence?

Rich
DRSS

Wogs???? nice. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by 700 Nitro
Posted 5 Feb, 8:04 PM
quote:
i was treated very well by grame and his people so im not going to rant. but come on now theres always ways of getting a gun back and forth even if you had to ship the rifle in 2 or more peices to by pass paper work.

i left you the action........then when i got home mailed you the barrels.......how hard was that.......

Wonder if the laws of Canada or Botswana are anything like those in the US? If anything, with gun registration being the law in both countries, you would think that they would be more restrictive.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
W onderfully
O ganized
G overment
S ervants

You're a better man than me, Gunga Din.

Jorge:
I hope that's what he meant???

Posts: 7711 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But of course JudgeG,

I should have recognized that it was beyond his comprehension abilities. The racist title is (per Ruark's books) "Bloody Wogs". Just curious, but is my Cowboy Action Shooting buddy "WOGG" a racist title? He's white, but his wife is black.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Idaho Sharpshooter:

I, particularly during this "nappy-headed" time, wonder if anyone should worry much any more about racial slurs. In this age of global economy and interracial marriage, it's much more effective and productive to judge by character than skin or nationality.

There are, of course, stupid people who seem to demand to lower themselves to the characterizations of those who love to hate them (i.e., rap stars, white supremists and bolt-action trash, and those self-destructive idiots may deserve derision, but I'm going to try to spend my day with folks who are intellectually honest... be they black, white, blue or yellow.

Painting with a nasty and broad brush doesn't make me think that the artist thought much about the picture he paints before attacking the canvas.

I imagine the "gun police" in Botswana should have a name that speaks of their reputation, earned or otherwise, but "wog" is like a pin prick of days past. Not really important, but not really descriptive any more.

I don't mind the description of the worst of Janet Reno's ATF as "goons". What they did deserved it. A "wog" is an accident of birth while a "goon" describes behavior. Do I make any sense.

Anyway, I doubt that any of the Botswana police read your post. Razzer

And ask Bill74 what I think about Indians.

Returning to the thread, I would seem that when one buys a product made 10,000 miles away, and second hand at that, particular for five figures, one would have had a plan if the product failed other than to publicly bitch about it?

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7711 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Worthy
Oriental
Gentleman
was the original meaning from the Brits I believe.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KC Carlin
posted Hide Post
B A T

BOLT-ACTION-TRASH.

HMMM...

I like it! Wink

Posts: 295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
I am glad the essence of the characters has been exposed , time usualy reveals all.
In so far as the problem it seems there are some enlightened folks as to the problems and procedures time and otherwise to sending a firearm to the USA. The person JM who accusses people of knowing / being a friend of mine when they take a different view to him on the matter may be revealing why he so protects butch Searcy to the extent he still believes my problem cannot be fixed because I will not / cannot send the gun to the USA - as mentioned its the way the matter was dealt with that got me peeved . As to the person thinking we consider ourselfes elitest - sorry we do not.

As to who reads AR and how it affects my bussiness , I can only tell you that we are fully booked 2 years in advance and to date not one single new or old client has mentioned AR , I read it for entertainment and news , unfortunately it is littered by people hiding behind stage names - but its fun , as our average hunt costs $45 000-00 to $50 000-00 this is not the place I look for bussiness - SCI and DSC and Spains Venotoria is the market place for these hunts . I do know though, this is a hunters forum for hunters no matter what shape or size they come in and for this its a fun place to see whats happening in the true sportsmans world of hunting.

As to the legality of my gun , I had to get an import permit to import the gun and this was done and the gun is registered , anybody wanting a fax copy of the registration please send me a fax on +267 6864073 and I will return fax you a copy of the certificate.

All the best
Graeme Pollock
Safaris Botswana Bound

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Safaris Botswana Bound:
our average hunt costs $45 000-00 to $50 000-00

Ahh...here it is again...the classic "My dick is bigger than yours" comment. A man like you with such wealth should have no problem getting your rifle fixed.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roscoe, I am not sure how your comment advances the discussion. I took SBB's comment to mean that most people do not drop $40-50K on hunts booked over the Internet directly with the Outfitter. I, certainly, for that kind of money, would book only fter a face to face, perhaps at one of the shows that he mentions, or, through a booking agent to safeguard my money as musch as possible. I certainly did not take it as a jab. Neither do I assume that the people who perform such hunts are wealthy by American standards.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter,

a classic display, or should I say avowal, of immense wealth such as this Botswhiner had just made...he should just charter a plane and fly the rifle to Butch, or just buy Butch out. It makes me curious that a man of such wealth and distinction cannot handle such a simple task as getting a rifle out of one country and into another.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope that's what he meant???

Here's some background:
As a racial epithet in British English

Illustrator Florence Kate Upton's Golliwogg and friends from The Adventures of two Dutch Dolls And A Golliwogg, in which he was described as "a horrid sight, the blackest gnome".British racial term originating in the colonial period of the British Empire. It was used as a label for the natives of India, North Africa, the Mediterranean, and the Middle East. By the 1950s it had become a pejorative term used in order to offend. In modern British parlance it has become less prevalent and can be applied to any dark skinned person.

The origins of the term are unclear. Most dictionaries say "wog" either possibly or likely derives from the Golliwogg, a "grotesque" blackface minstrel doll-character from a children's book published in 1895. Various facetious explanations include claims that it originated from acronyms for "Western Oriental Gentleman" or variants thereof. Such attempts to explain the word's origin are generally considered apocryphal and examples of backronyms.

The use of the word is discouraged in Britain, and most dictionaries refer to the word with the caution that it is slang, derogatory, and offensive.

Ernest: I'll be home this weekend. I'll give you a call. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Roscoe, I am not sure how your comment advances the discussion. I took SBB's comment to mean that most people do not drop $40-50K on hunts booked over the Internet directly with the Outfitter. I, certainly, for that kind of money, would book only fter a face to face, perhaps at one of the shows that he mentions, or, through a booking agent to safeguard my money as musch as possible. I certainly did not take it as a jab. Neither do I assume that the people who perform such hunts are wealthy by American standards.
Peter.

Peter,
You are correct that my comments did not advance the conversation. I typically stay out of threads similar to this...however this one hit a little closer to home. I am bias to Butch's rifles....I have owned two and have been happy with both of them. Butch has always taken time to chat when I call, and never made me feel like I was on my own after the sale. For this reason I felt compelled to get involved in this thread. SBB has lost all credibility in my opinion. He continues to resurrect the dead on the topic...constantly bringing it back up every three or four months. It is obvious that his agenda is to tarnish the reputation of Butch Searcy....in my opinion this has backfired. For SBB to flaunt his future bookings and high cost hunts speaks volumes about his character. If you do a search on his operation, you will find a bit of controversy relating to a SCI auction hunt....a Bait and Switch accusation by the hunter. Tall this adds up to a less than honorable character IMO...and someone I would never do business with. With this I will step aside and let this thread die like it always does....until next year when SBB decides to stir the pot again.

We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
...why he so protects butch Searcy to the extent he still believes my problem cannot be fixed because I will not / cannot send the gun to the USA - as mentioned its the way the matter was dealt with that got me peeved .

Mr. Pollock - I believe it is safe to say that Butch Searcy does not consider me to be one of his cheerleaders. I have made observations and comments that no doubt would put me in disfavor in that regard.

With respect to your statement:
quote:
he still believes my problem cannot be fixed because I will not / cannot send the gun to the USA - as mentioned its the way the matter was dealt with that got me peeved

that IS the issue here. Based on your actions or lack thereof in getting the rifle fixed, are you now telling us that the reason is solely attributable to the way your were treated?

Based on the timeline here, you certainly have had ample time to get all of the necessary paperwork in order, the rifle shipped to Searcy, fixed and returned. I don't even believe that you would dispute that.

Is the reason you have not done so due to what transpired between you and Searcy at the 2006 SCI?

Almost everyone here appreciates the trouble of shipping a rifle back and forth to another country. But almost everyone here would take the necessary action in order to render an inoperable $10,000+ rifle operable.

What I certainly cannot understand is why you would rather relegate the Searcy rifle to service as a tomatoe stake instead of getting it fixed. For me anyway, getting your feelings hurt should not stand in the way of getting the rifle fixed.

As to your comment:
quote:
As to the person thinking we consider ourselfes elitest - sorry we do not.
your statements even within this thread belie that statement.

quote:
I read it for entertainment and news , unfortunately it is littered by people hiding behind stage names - but its fun , as our average hunt costs $45 000-00 to $50 000-00 this is not the place I look for bussiness - SCI and DSC and Spains Venotoria is the market place for these hunts . I do know though, this is a hunters forum for hunters no matter what shape or size they come in and for this its a fun place to see whats happening in the true sportsmans world of hunting.

So, you come to AR to amuse yourself? And, given the costs of your hunts, you do not consider AR as a source of business? That certainly implies you believe you are dealing with the poor riff raff of the hunting community here. One could take it that you come to AR to "slum it" from time to time, just to see how the little people live.

Don't look now, but your elitism is showing.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey1:
Do any of you guys understand how hard it is for a non US resident to bring a firearm into the US?

Mickey, it makes absolutely no difference how hard it is to get the rifle into the USA, that is what must happen to get the rifle fixed! That is the responsibility of Mr. Pollock, not Searcy!

How in the name of GOD is that B. Searcy's fault, when the one wanting the rifle fixed is unwilling to go through the trouble to send the rifle to Searcy for repare?

It is as clear as a bell ringing, if Mr. Pollock wants his rifle fixed, he must first get the rifle to Searcy's shop! At that point, Searcy can start his end of the bargain!

You can bet your butt, I would have already had that rifle to Butch, no matter how hard it was to get around the "Red Tape" paper work! Roll Eyes

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac,

Mickey is no longer available on AR. If you wish to address him, you can find him at www.nitroexpress.com.
But since Mickey is not here to speak, let me say that I do not think he meant the shipping difficulties were Butch Searcy's fault as they obviously are not. Only that some people may not fully appreciate the difficulty of international transportation of firearms given the import and export permits required.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
Mac,

Mickey is no longer available on AR. If you wish to address him, you can find him at www.nitroexpress.com.
But since Mickey is not here to speak, let me say that I do not think he meant the shipping difficulties were Butch Searcy's fault as they obviously are not. Only that some people may not fully appreciate the difficulty of international transportation of firearms given the import and export permits required.

Yeh, Dan I forgot about Mickey1 as I'm so used to him being Johny-on-the-spot in any controvercy! Wink

I don't think anyone involved in thei discussion is unaware of the difficulty of anything invloveing firearms, and international transfere! What I don't understand is Mr. Pollock's reluctance to do what ever it takes to get his rifle fixed, instaed of bad mouthing Butch! beer

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:

I don't think anyone involved in thei discussion is unaware of the difficulty of anything invloveing firearms, and international transfere!

Then please read the posts which suggest that Mr. Pollock should just pop his rifle into the mail or stuff it into his suitcase for transport to CA.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:

I don't think anyone involved in thei discussion is unaware of the difficulty of anything invloveing firearms, and international transfere!

Then please read the posts which suggest that Mr. Pollock should just pop his rifle into the mail or stuff it into his suitcase for transport to CA.

DAN, you know what I meant, one dumb statement made without thinking! It makes little difference anyway, the transport of the rifle to Ca, is the one thing that is not being done, and is why the rifle has not already been fixed, you know that! No matter how hard it is, that is the choice Mr. Pollack has, and it is not going to get done on this forum, it wll be done by Mr. Pollock, or the rifle will not be repared, case closed! boohoo

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safaris Botswana Bound:
As to the person thinking we consider ourselfes elitest - sorry we do not.

The royal "we". We are not amused.

quote:
, I read it for entertainment and news , unfortunately it is littered by people hiding behind stage names

Bah, having to tolerate the trash that litters this place is offensive to us.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
But, he probably couldn't get his gunbearer a seat in the cargo hold.

Frank - please change the "he" to "we" and the "his" to "our".

/s/ The High Commission of the Royal We

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Having no bone in this fight I would like to ask all the esteemed members of this Kangaroo court...

No bone? Sounds like an entire skeleton!

Alf, are you saying that it is not possible to send a rifle to the US for repair work?

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Frankly, the affirmative shopping risk is one I had not considered.

With a rifle that expensive, just wondering out loud whether an RFID device would be prudent (or available).

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ALF:
Having no bone in this fight I would like to ask all the esteemed members of this Kangaroo court please to inform me how exactly I need to go about transporting or posting a firearm legally registered in South Africa from subsaharan Africa to the US for repairs or otherwise...... As it is so easy to do as alleged?

How do you propose to get by local legislation and the governance regarding the exporting / importing of arms as regulated by the UN ?

quote:
Having no bone in this fight I would like to ask all the esteemed members of this Kangaroo court please to inform me how exactly I need to go about transporting or posting a firearm legally registered in South Africa from subsaharan Africa to the US for repairs or otherwise...... As it is so easy to do as alleged?

How do you propose to get by local legislation and the governance regarding the exporting / importing of arms as regulated by the UN ?

quote:
Jim:

Having lived and still in proccess of, this whole thing of moving guns from Africa I can tell you in current times it's no fun...... lots and lots of legwork and it's not simply boxing a rifle and shipping it.

The new gun laws and affirmative shopping done by the new members of the congregation working at our major airports and postal services gives new meaning to the word taking your chances

ALF,, get off the high horse! It doesn't make any difference how hard it is, that is what must happen,if Mr. Pollock is to get his rifle mended. IMO, that should be more clear to Mr. Pollock, and to you than anyone. If the rifle must go to California to be fixed, then what ever it takes to send it, must be done, or the rifle will not be fixed.

Again, I fail to see how the difficulty of getting the rifle to the USA, from Botswana, is the fault of B.Searcy. I say either send the rifle or shut the hell up, and live with a broken rifle! shame

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
posted Hide Post
/

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't see where Mr. Pollock has stated he is NOT willing to ship the rifle to the US. I'm sure he is working on that and once he has the paperwork in order and finally get's the gun to US shores, i would be suprised if he sent it to Searcy after all that has been said. More likely, he will have another GS repair it.

And for those that don't seem to understand the gist of Mr. Pollock's complaint it is about the way he was "ignored" by Mr. Searcy at the beginning that rubbed him the wrong way. None of us were there so can't pass judgement on whether he is right or wrong.

Let it be, let it beeee.... went an old Beatles song!

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
If he isn't even going to send the rifle to Butch, surely there are gunsmiths in Botswana or SA that could do the needed work? I imagine there are quite a few doubles floating around there.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
had to pop in and see the update
I can report that I have used the Searcy on 3 hunts now this year - all problem free - but with huge hesitation and conern for all safety ( took the trusty .416 remington as back up to the back up ) so maybe it was just bad loads and maybe the firearm is not to blame - but you know what I still would never buy another one and as soon as my Blaser arrives - the Searcy will become a nice decoration, and that is not because we ( royalty ) are so well off - hunters who have a close relationship with their PH and outfitters know that there are many easier and better ways to make a living and very liitle of the cash stays with the outfitter.
In Botswana we have no gun smiths , but in SA there are good ones and YOU are correct it is my responsibility to get it fixed no one else , so one day i will get yet another opinion on what could possibly be wrong with the doubble.
good hunting
Graeme Pollock

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ROSCOE:
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Peter.

Peter,
You are correct that my comments did not advance the conversation. I typically stay out of threads similar to this...however this one hit a little closer to home. I am bias to Butch's rifles....I have owned two and have been happy with both of them. Butch has always taken time to chat when I call, and never made me feel like I was on my own after the sale. For this reason I felt compelled to get involved in this thread. SBB has lost all credibility in my opinion. He continues to resurrect the dead on the topic...constantly bringing it back up every three or four months. It is obvious that his agenda is to tarnish the reputation of Butch Searcy....in my opinion this has backfired. For SBB to flaunt his future bookings and high cost hunts speaks volumes about his character. If you do a search on his operation, you will find a bit of controversy relating to a SCI auction hunt....a Bait and Switch accusation by the hunter. Tall this adds up to a less than honorable character IMO...and someone I would never do business with. With this I will step aside and let this thread die like it always does....until next year when SBB decides to stir the pot again.

SUCH A WEAK DISPLAY OF CHARACTER - THIS IS THE OLDEST TRICK IN THE BOOKS - REPORT ONLY HALF THE STORY TO SWAY PEOPLES OPINION - ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THOSE ANTI HUNTERS IN DISGUISE AS THIS IS USUALY THEIR METHOD OF DEBATING AN ISSUE - THE THREAD REVEALED THAT THE PEOPLE TRYING TO MAKE OUT THAT OUR DONATION WAS WAS NOT TRUTHFULL WERE THEMSELFES USEING DECIETFUL TACTICS AND EXPOSED - MUCH LIKE YOU , BUT YOUR ATTEMPT TO TRY TELLING ONLY HALF THE STORY SPEAKS VOLUME OF YOUR CHARACTER - SIMPLY PATHETIC.

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post

SBB, stop digging...

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
SBB,
I stated that you were accused of a bait and switch….and that is a fact. Anyone can search the forum for the details if they feel interested. I find it interesting that when it is your character that is in question suddenly both sides of the story become important. You have and continue to make every attempt to tarnish the reputation of Mr. Searcy on this forum and have only disclosed the facts when forced to do so….kind of telling half of the truth or story. Now that you have made yourself look like an idiot in the public eye you admit that the problems have disappeared…..I suggest you crawl back into the hole you live in and let the topic rest….Your reputation may not be able to handle much more of this.

Good Day!

R

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I find it very interesting that SBB was the subject of a complaint on this site. Not because of the substance of the prior complaint, but because of the nature of the issue.

Mr. Pollock was not amused by and did not appreciate a claim he believed to be unfair. He took great exception to both the facts and the issues of that prior matter, believing both facts and issues to be unfounded.

Yet, in this thread, he employs exactly the same tactics that, when used against him, were reprehensible. But here, apparently, it is OK.

I take it that the reason the rifle is in good working now is attributable to a change in ammunition? That was something he was advised to do at the very beginning of his botswhining. Thus, the issue was not an issue with the rifle all along, but with the ammunition, or more accurately, the user.

What is just as astounding is that he took a rifle he deemed to be "defective" on safari with him. Even with another rifle as backup, why would a PH risk a hunt and a client's life by dragging along a stopping rifle he did not trust?

Mr. Pollock sure did not like it when he thought he was being "libled". I would have thought if anyone would have an appreciation for unfounded BS, it would have been Mr. Pollock. Because of an issue that turned out to have nothing to do with the rifle, he put on quite an effort to do his level best to trash Butch Searcy.

If we are talking about character, Pollock's actions before and now speak volumes as to his character.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I Love this - the more you guys talk the more your character shows , you do my work for me , as to my botswhining - it seems you still do not get it and never will - much like the anti hunters : they just never get it.
Good hunting
Graeme Pollock

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
SBB,
I stated that you were accused of a bait and switch….and that is a fact. Anyone can search the forum for the details if they feel interested. I find it interesting that when it is your character that is in question suddenly both sides of the story become important. You have and continue to make every attempt to tarnish the reputation of Mr. Searcy on this forum and have only disclosed the facts when forced to do so….kind of telling half of the truth or story. Now that you have made yourself look like an idiot in the public eye you admit that the problems have disappeared…..I suggest you crawl back into the hole you live in and let the topic rest….Your reputation may not be able to handle much more of this.

Good Day!

R

Do you have a reading or understanding problem ? - if you read the thread and the actual evidence posted via Saeed , the evidence is provided that I donated in full a full hunt - but not the government licenses - this was fully disclosed and signed by the hunter as evidence he was aware of this - but nice try - as mentioned you show a slippery side - the only bait and switch is being done by yourself as you know most people are not interested in reading the long thread so you try attempt to try the old half story trick but I get the feeling that the folks reading this have allready seen through you, most slippery substances are transparent.

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
what this whole thread has proved is that most AR members can SMELL a skunk over the internet.

Rich
DRSS

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good one, ROSCOE!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote